Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island Key, East Wall

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cj1971

Hi, are there many people living in Island Key at this stage? I pass by it regularly and it looks nicely finished despite what sound like teething problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

Not many

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Is anyone else fed up at the scumbags who shout the place down every Friday and Saturday night? There are some people who can't walk from their taxi to their apartments without roaring and shouting and waking the whole place up. Then when they finally stagger into their apartments they turn the stereo up so we can all have a listen.

Well, I've had enough and I suspect I'm far from the only one in Island Key who feels the same way.

I understand that there are certain people in this world who will always have no manners, no class and no brains.

So it's highly unlikely that they will be in any way sympathetic to people who have the temerity to want a good night's sleep without any interruption. But they have to be made aware that there are certain things they just can't get away with. There's one slapper in particular who, when she stumbles out of the taxi, lets out the kind of noises that you wouldn't hear in Dublin Zoo.

I accept that there were always going to be housewarming parties in the few weeks and months after people moved into Island Key but it has gone beyond a joke now. I know from reading previous posts that there are people here who would feel the same way. Get in touch. There aren't many solutions to this problem unfortunately, as you can't change the way people were brought up. But even something like a sign reminding residents to keep down the noise would be something. As always, it's a small few who believe they can do whatever they want while the rest of us are left to put up with them.

P.S. A resident was dragged away in handcuffs the other day by the guards. Anyone know anything about this? I sincerely hope we don't have any drug dealing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I was renting a place just around the corner from there for 6 months. I signed up for a 12 month lease and just had to get out of there. There's not much peace to be had around there.

Between drug dealing, pyjama mammy's roaring at their kids, souped up cars with radios blaring, wild kids who have no respect for anything and will destroy anything that can be destroyed or steal anything they can get their hands on, neighbours throwing their garbage over the wall or just onto the street, doors being kicked in, cars getting keyed, racist abuse etc etc. I wouldnt live there again if the rent was free. Thankfully the landlord let me break the lease with no penalty. Very handy for town and near to Fairview park but anyone thinking of moving in should think twice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭DJDC

What a disaster. Its quite clear the council and developers are sorting out the "empties" issue with social housing.I really feel sorry for anyone who bought a house in any of these developments because they they risk becoming ghettos in the next few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Sounds great :rolleyes:

I had a look at The Crosbie Apts on Ossary Rd today. I had to laugh when told the price for one beds - 155k or 165k for the duplex one bed... +15k for parking..... only 60 apts left out of 180 :rolleyes: Management fees only 1.2k + 200 eur for parking... Only :rolleyes:

I threw in a price of 130k for a one bed with parking. They're going to come back to me with a yeah or ney next week. Seriously, that's all they're worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Is anyone else fed up at the scumbags who shout the place down every Friday and Saturday night? There are some people who can't walk from their taxi to their apartments without roaring and shouting and waking the whole place up. Then when they finally stagger into their apartments they turn the stereo up so we can all have a listen.

Well, I've had enough and I suspect I'm far from the only one in Island Key who feels the same way.

I understand that there are certain people in this world who will always have no manners, no class and no brains.

So it's highly unlikely that they will be in any way sympathetic to people who have the temerity to want a good night's sleep without any interruption. But they have to be made aware that there are certain things they just can't get away with. There's one slapper in particular who, when she stumbles out of the taxi, lets out the kind of noises that you wouldn't hear in Dublin Zoo.

I accept that there were always going to be housewarming parties in the few weeks and months after people moved into Island Key but it has gone beyond a joke now. I know from reading previous posts that there are people here who would feel the same way. Get in touch. There aren't many solutions to this problem unfortunately, as you can't change the way people were brought up. But even something like a sign reminding residents to keep down the noise would be something. As always, it's a small few who believe they can do whatever they want while the rest of us are left to put up with them.

P.S. A resident was dragged away in handcuffs the other day by the guards. Anyone know anything about this? I sincerely hope we don't have any drug dealing here.

Contact the Builders for any breach of House Rules, as the Management Co (not to be confused with the Managing Agents) has not been fully constituted it is their legal responsibility to ensure that rules are being adhered to. If they fob you off to the Managing Agents make sure and tell them that the legal responsibility is theirs due to the contracts you signed with them when you bought your unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Remember that Blocks 4 & 5 are owned/operated by a social housing entity and aren't part of Island Key for management per se. If you've a beef with trouble from there, you need to contact them (NABCO). Any issues in the front blocks should go to the builder. I got plenty of info from them about house rules, contacting them with probs etc and they were helpful when we had a problem with renters in our building.

Anyone get a gas bill???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

yup - well, more of a letter for money than a bill! From the mgmt company.

320quid or sommat! Mind u, we been there since Jan 1st so not tooo bad i dont think.

Bit of a shocker though - surely they should bill us every 2 months or sommat. Great news just before xmas! :(

Unless we all agree not to pay it till they clean our windows and communal areas!!! lol

Dmaurice wrote: »
    yup - well, more of a letter for money than a bill! From the mgmt company.

320quid or sommat! Mind u, we been there since Jan 1st so not tooo bad i dont think.

Bit of a shocker though - surely they should bill us every 2 months or sommat. Great news just before xmas! :(

Unless we all agree not to pay it till they clean our windows and communal areas!!! lol

I've some experience with Management Companies and legislation so I'm looking forward to our AGM... whenever it is!

As for the gas, I wasn't even aware that we were connected to gas so I got some land when the bill arrived!!!

As for paying the bill... they've some cheek to give us just two weeks to pay considering it's ten months since I've been in there as well!

Did you even know we were connected to the gas network?

i thought in the contract it mentioned gas but when we moved in we werent sure so thought we'd just wait and see if we get a bill...

its the central heating and water that is gas powered.

i feel robbed to give them any money considering our 1st year 'management' fee meant they come and wash our window once. (and only our windows by the way)! I emailed complaining about 3 months ago and the next day they washed our windows...just our apartment one...

I defo want to know what they will commit to before paying another mgmt fee.

Yeah short notice on the bill alright - will be sending a wire transfer end of November...and not before.

There are at least two cars in the underground, a silver Fiesta and a silver Pug 307, I think, with the windows smashed in. If that's anyone on here that hasn't been down to see their car recently now's the time to go check. I don't know when the damage occurred, or even if it has been reported to the Gardaí yet. The black Honda was also broken into last Thursday.

Hi there. Thats very strange considering we are supposed to have security guards! Did you flag this with Island Key Mgmt? I presume your car is down there - id be going mad if i were you...that place should be 100% secure or if not have CCTV down there.

I have a car down there yes, but luckily it is unmarked at the moment. The management are aware of the cars with damaged windows as of this morning I think.

The place is secure, but the residents have access - if you catch my drift. The culprits are on CCTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kopijacked

I have reported the break in of the vehicle (i'm the honda!) to the Gardai, they took a report of what was stolen and I also dropped some cctv footage down to them, awaiting more cctv footage to see if it's any better. They covered the camera that was facing my vehicle with a small sponge to obscure the view unfortunately.

Will update you when I found out what they are doing about it...if anything:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Trap

I've been following this message board for a while and am living in the development. I rang Ellen today about the Island Key Management Company. Ulster Bank has taken over this company and it has nothing to do with Ellen anymore.
    Not sure how this will affect the services the management company should supply, but probably better to have a bank in charge than a bankrupt developer.

KPMG has been appointed Liquidator for Ellen Construction

Trap wrote: »
    I've been following this message board for a while and am living in the development. I rang Ellen today about the Island Key Management Company. Ulster Bank has taken over this company and it has nothing to do with Ellen anymore.
    Not sure how this will affect the services the management company should supply, but probably better to have a bank in charge than a bankrupt developer.

KPMG has been appointed Liquidator for Ellen Construction

Very interesting mate - thanks for that.

I presume that the managing agents (Assured Property Management?) are still the agents for the Management Company so any problems with services etc... can be relayed to them?

If you got the name of someone from Ulster Bank to contact would you pass it on to me please?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 paulfoley

I know someone who has bought an apartment here and decided to read this thread. How are you not all going mad?? These apartments were expensive. Do you not all feel hard done by? Noise, vandalism and police arresting people??! I am really concerned for my friend moving in here. Do you feel unsafe?

• Advertisement

lol its not that bad! haha. Generally its quite quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Guitareaxe

the people to contact regarding issues with social housing residents are dublin co-operative housing society, same office as nabco.

Im a resident of the social housing units, most of the issues Ive had here have involved the kids who are not even living here, they are friends of the kids that do.
    I have had more problems with the people in Private rentals across the way blaring music all night every friday, saturday and sunday (although thankfully this has ended recently, for good I hope)
    And also another tenant in private rental units who screams down the road every night after her daugter in the worst dublin accent I have ever heard.

Other then that Im pretty lucky, my block is 80% wonderful respectible people. the problems are being caused by a small minority, which sadly is always the way.

Hi there,

I know the woman you mean! I hear her every night too!...although she is in Block 5 (the big wooden one) which is social housing like block 4. :)

I agree with you - 80-90% of the residents are nice people...its the odd one or two that cause the grief for everyone else.

Generally its a good complex to live in...so close to town, buses right outside, Luas 5mins walk away...shops local..2mins to the O2..cant complain really! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Hi guys, I live quite close to you and have watched your building go up and so when I seen this thread I was interested and read the whole thing. I just wanted to make a quick remark. If I was going to buy a place I'd look on boards to see what people were saying about it, at the very least I'd google the name of the place and this page would probably be thrown up in any case. I can't help but notice that alot of your comments tend to the negative side and would, I'm sorry to say, put me off buying a place there. If you want to see all the units fill up or, as one poster says, sell your own place in 5/6 years stop giving the place such bad press!!!! Tells us the good things about Island Key!!!

PS Has anyone heard anything to confirm the rumour of a big complex going in facing Island Key? Rumoured to be council/social housing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Guitareaxe

Lollymcd wrote: »
    Hi guys, I live quite close to you and have watched your building go up and so when I seen this thread I was interested and read the whole thing. I just wanted to make a quick remark. If I was going to buy a place I'd look on boards to see what people were saying about it, at the very least I'd google the name of the place and this page would probably be thrown up in any case. I can't help but notice that alot of your comments tend to the negative side and would, I'm sorry to say, put me off buying a place there. If you want to see all the units fill up or, as one poster says, sell your own place in 5/6 years stop giving the place such bad press!!!! Tells us the good things about Island Key!!!

PS Has anyone heard anything to confirm the rumour of a big complex going in facing Island Key? Rumoured to be council/social housing.

DOnt know anything about that, sorry.

GOod things about Island key = I love it here wont leave for a very long time untill I actually need a house if I ever have kids etc.

I love my apartment, love the design and layout, have rented different apartments in the past and never had such a nice apartment. The walls here are super sound proof I rarely here my neighbours if my doors and windows are closed. Its silent at night, never a peep. I always walk into this estate at night, and never get hassle, streets are always empty at night on east wall road, and island key estate except for the occasional auldfella coming home from the seabank house. feel very safe here, not a bother island key area is not dodgey in any way. The waste collection is great, the fact that its 10 minutes walk from the quays , 15 minutes walk to fairview, and 15 minutes walk to clontarf.

Its perfect for me, and I love it here, ONLY issue is some of the childern being let run wild in the apartment block im in and basically making a mess which the parents dont bother to clean so others end up doing it rather then let the place get dirty., but its being addressed by management.

This is of course not an issue in any private block.

So what more could ya want really
    City centre
    Peace and quite
    Safe area - I have often gone out on a saturday night in city and walked home - alone- never have hassle.
    Its close to everywhere and with lots of available bus routes and luas near by
    lovely local bar which never has any messing around or toe rags, its a very nice respectible pub -seabank house...the carvery is amazing;)
    Parking underground which is rare so close to liffey
    and its in Docklands, so will be looked after and developed as its a priority for builders and government alike, big plans for docklands in futurem gonna be a very sought after address one day.
    Most of the apartments have HUGE balconys with wooden decking, and wooden panals on the walls outside which in combination with the black shiney marble tiles looks fantastic.
    Apartments are super modern and very warm even without heating.
    Local shop is 5 minute walk, Londis. Then you have local post office in another shop around corner,hairdressers,barbers, butchers etc etc(church road butchers are great by the way)
    I would rather live here then any other address in city period.,;)

The only reason you will read mostly bad things about anything on the net is because thats what people do here - complain:P If people love something there seldom gonna jump on a forum and yap about it, but if something gets them annoyed, they are straight on bitching about it:) and we Irish are great complainers, so even though living here is great we find something to moan about - God forbid we ever had any real problems:P

The Irish tend to make small issues sound like huge problems! a few kids playing on streets and mothers calling them in at night (takes about 3 minutes)
    and its made out like its streets of Harlem!!!!!
    typical!!

Anyone know what all the commotion was at different times this morning?

Loads of noise and shouting at 4am and 6:20am.

Anyone know what all the commotion was at different times this morning?

Loads of noise and shouting at 4am and 6:20am.

Yeah I'll tell you. Two diferent incidents. First was two scumbags trying to gain access to some apartment, no doubt cos they needed drugs from the sounds of their desperate, animal-like screams and roars. Second was another group of low-lifes trying to get into a party which was still going at six in the morning. Both groups were trying to get into the last block of apartments, which is Block 5 I believe.

I have to laugh when I read that post above yours which depicts Island Key as a great place to live and all that happens is a few unruly kids being called in at night. Total bollocks. Whoever wrote that obviously spends his/her weekends someplace else. Those two knackers who I mentioned above regularly end up shouting their heads off trying to get in. One of them started launching himself at the door to try and get in just recently.

The place is a disaster. Most of the residents are decent people who have respect for their neighbours but as always there are a few who simply don't adhere to normal rules like the rest of us. The social housing authority seems to have washed their hands of the whole thing.

Calling the guards when there's trouble is all fine and good but the problem is with a few scumbag residents who need to be evicted. But it's up to other residents to start complaining more. How often is there a residents' committee meeting? That alone says all you need to know.

Yeah I'll tell you. Two diferent incidents. First was two scumbags trying to gain access to some apartment, no doubt cos they needed drugs from the sounds of their desperate, animal-like screams and roars. Second was another group of low-lifes trying to get into a party which was still going at six in the morning. Both groups were trying to get into the last block of apartments, which is Block 5 I believe.

I have to laugh when I read that post above yours which depicts Island Key as a great place to live and all that happens is a few unruly kids being called in at night. Total bollocks. Whoever wrote that obviously spends his/her weekends someplace else. Those two knackers who I mentioned above regularly end up shouting their heads off trying to get in. One of them started launching himself at the door to try and get in just recently.

The place is a disaster. Most of the residents are decent people who have respect for their neighbours but as always there are a few who simply don't adhere to normal rules like the rest of us. The social housing authority seems to have washed their hands of the whole thing.

Calling the guards when there's trouble is all fine and good but the problem is with a few scumbag residents who need to be evicted. But it's up to other residents to start complaining more. How often is there a residents' committee meeting? That alone says all you need to know.

Why don't you make a complaint to the Management Co? The rules are clear, noise from one apartment cannot be heard in any other apartment between certain hours according to the house rules (I have an e-mail address if you want to make said complaint).

However, there is a different management company for Blocks 4 and 5 than there is for 1, 2, 3 and 6 so issues that affect all in the complex might never be sorted in the one forum!

Also, if someone tried to put their shoulder through the front door then why not say that to management co as well as they'll be on CCTV?

Did someone say something to them about the noise? I thought I heard someone at them the second time.

Why don't you make a complaint to the Management Co? The rules are clear, noise from one apartment cannot be heard in any other apartment between certain hours according to the house rules (I have an e-mail address if you want to make said complaint).

However, there is a different management company for Blocks 4 and 5 than there is for 1, 2, 3 and 6 so issues that affect all in the complex might never be sorted in the one forum!

Also, if someone tried to put their shoulder through the front door then why not say that to management co as well as they'll be on CCTV?

Did someone say something to them about the noise? I thought I heard someone at them the second time.

Complaints have been made in relation to previous problems with NABCO, the social housing authority, and have been dealt with. I'm well aware that CCTV is there so we'll have to wait and see what can be done with these latest problems.

By the way, on a separate matter, the issue of ramps along the road needs to be addressed. Too many idiots are driving way too fast along that road and it's only a matter of time before some kid out playing is knocked over. Who is responsible for the laying of ramps.....the county council or the builders?

• Advertisement

As it's an ungated complex my understanding is that the ramps would be the responsibility of the Council. Open to correction on that ..

Advertisement