Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island Key, East Wall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

no 1st floor - i think someone is moved in now on 3rd floor though. nobody in the one next door to us yet...only about 3 people in the whole site i think!very happy with it though...been there a couple of weeks so startin to feel like home now. Are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Dmaurice wrote: »
    no 1st floor - i think someone is moved in now on 3rd floor though. nobody in the one next door to us yet...only about 3 people in the whole site i think!very happy with it though...been there a couple of weeks so startin to feel like home now. Are you in?

Moved most of my stuff in but still not fully in yet... hope to be in in the next few days but still need to sort curtains/blinds out.

Did you get a car space?

Did you get blinds? If so do you recommend anyone???!!!

Have you got your TV channels sorted? If so, what did you do?

Any internet providers in the area?

Just realised how much I actually have to do!!! AAAAGGGGGGHHH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 fella1977

Anyone ever get any joy with getting any discount on the purchase price through homebrokers or talking directly to developers?

NTL are the TV providers. They won't be upgrading the area for Broadband for a while though.

Anyone using any other Broadband providers that you don't need a phone line for?

Should be fully moving in this evening.

• Advertisement

Might be of interest to some...

Permission sought for East Wall hotel
    The East Wall Road area of Dublin 3 is set to get a new hotel.

JP Ryan and Sons (Properties) Ltd has lodged a planning application for a 149 bedroom hotel on a site of 5.48 acres (2.22 hectares) bounded by East Road, East Quay rail yard and Merchants Square.

The development will also include offices, a retail area, healthcare centre (including a gym and pool), cafe and restaurant. The facilities are proposed for four blocks ranging in height from 4 to 17 storeys.

try O2 mobile broadband for about €20 a month. Coverage should be fine around East Wall. Its not wireless and its in form of dongle but should be quick..

Hi,
    Do you any of you know when Block 2 is due to complete?

Have many more people moved in?

fella1977 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Do you any of you know when Block 2 is due to complete?

Have many more people moved in?

I'm in Block 6 a couple of weeks now and haven't seen anyone but there are meant to be a few folks already in.

Blocks 4, 5 and 6 are all complete, and I think Block 3 may be as well.

Block 2 looks like it will be ready quite soon and they're working away on it, I know cos they're waking me at 7am every morning!

hi bobby - we are in block 6 now too - have been there around a month. We got home last night and the bloody keypad was broken so we couldnt get in. I rang the builders who said ring the management company (a bloke called frank!) so i did and was advised he hadnt a key for it!!! Nightmare - we had to get a cab to my gf's parents house...ellen will be picking up the tab for that!!

The management bloke said 'oh, was it you that was locked out on saturday night?'.....was that you?!

We've had a few minor probs but have our alarm (got a great deal if you want a contact), NTL telly and broadband (finally!) 20MB i might add! :@)

Settled in nicely now.

• Advertisement

hi bobby - we are in block 6 now too - have been there around a month. We got home last night and the bloody keypad was broken so we couldnt get in. I rang the builders who said ring the management company (a bloke called frank!) so i did and was advised he hadnt a key for it!!! Nightmare - we had to get a cab to my gf's parents house...ellen will be picking up the tab for that!!

The management bloke said 'oh, was it you that was locked out on saturday night?'.....was that you?!

We've had a few minor probs but have our alarm (got a great deal if you want a contact), NTL telly and broadband (finally!) 20MB i might add! :@)

Settled in nicely now.

I'm in about a month as well mate - surprised we haven't bumped into each other yet!!!

Arrived home full last Saturday night about 1.30am and the keypad wouldn't work at all, the security guard tried it a heap of times and the exact same thing happened. He rang Frank who said there was nothing really he could do. I had to jump in a cab and go all the way out to my folks in Sandyford.

Fair play to Frank though he rang me at 10am the next morning to say he went down to try and fix it... but could find nothing wrong with it!

I actually asked him were we given a key to the door in the event of this kind of thing happening... he said no - I find that very strange as I won't be happy if this happens again.

Will ring NTL now and get the broadband in.

Did you get blinds in? If so what company did you use?

hi mate. When we were locked out we had to get cab to ballinteer and then to work the next morning...i got receipts and Ellen paid for my taxi (got the cash this morning from Jim)...

He said they are replacing the keypad on monday 9th and that they are having keys cut to give to us, (i think yourself and us are the only 2 apartments occupied).

We didnt get blinds, but got curtains...kitted out the whole place for 500e - Harry Coreys in Stillorgan...they had a massive sale on.

We got our alarm from the electrical company that did the electrics in Island Key...they did a good deal on the wireless alarm so have that in now too...we kinda have everything in now and well settled. I actually think its going to be lovely when its all finished. Block 2 has 22 apartments ready early march Jim said - i notice a few more people moving in recently..its getting a bit busier.

ps. I hope they dont double yellow line the roadside - we didnt buy a parking space! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 tomtoms

Hi All

hope your all well settled in now and enjoying your new homes.
    The apartments look great, nice finish on them.
    did i hear there is a small pocket park going in there,
    near the front were the cottage used to be.

tomtoms wrote: »
    Hi All

hope your all well settled in now and enjoying your new homes.
    The apartments look great, nice finish on them.
    did i hear there is a small pocket park going in there,
    near the front were the cottage used to be.

There's meant to be a green area of some sort going in there alright though they seem to be putting in quite big foundations so I hope they're not adding a new building there!

Now if only the builders were quiet in the mornings... ugh...

i seen the foundations alright. it certainly looks like a building.
    I remember a couple of years ago they put the plans on show in the community center. They mentioned a pocket park then.

I don't hear much building work now, it was very loud when they started building first.

i seen the foundations alright. it certainly looks like a building.
    I remember a couple of years ago they put the plans on show in the community center. They mentioned a pocket park then.

I don't hear much building work now, it was very loud when they started building first.

They still wake me up every single morning!!!

Hey, Hws block 2 looking? Do you think it will be finished any time soon?

fella1977 wrote: »
    Hey, Hws block 2 looking? Do you think it will be finished any time soon?

It's looking fairly good mate, wouldn't say it will be too long now, they look like they're close enough to putting the finishing touches to it.

Who is the management co looking after island quay.

at the moment its a company called Island Key Management (or something!) I rang them once and its just a bloke on his mobile - Tony i think...we dont seem to be getting much for our money...i might ring him and ask what exactly he does! haha. Maybe he will come round with the hoover and a bucket and sponge one evening!

We're well settled now...love it actually. I have a mate moving into block 2 - the builders said some are ready end of march....and some in april. Think my mate had the snag letter already so they're nearly good to go.

• Advertisement

at the moment its a company called Island Key Management (or something!) I rang them once and its just a bloke on his mobile - Tony i think...we dont seem to be getting much for our money...i might ring him and ask what exactly he does! haha. Maybe he will come round with the hoover and a bucket and sponge one evening!

We're well settled now...love it actually. I have a mate moving into block 2 - the builders said some are ready end of march....and some in april. Think my mate had the snag letter already so they're nearly good to go.

I have a lot of experience with Management Co's and Management Agents, and have worked for the Govt on legislation and other stuff in this area so there'll be no pulling the wool over our eyes mate!!!

Who is the management co looking after island quay.

Assured Property Management are the Managing Agents, the owners will (eventually) become the Management Co.

http://www.assuredpm.ie/

The foundations going down at the front of the complex are (thankfully) not for a building but are for an Attenuation Tank, on top of which will go the green space/park.

glad to hear it,

...and for residents that might be interested here's a sub-forum on www.neighbours.ie for Island Key.

http://www.neighbours.ie/dublin3/forumdisplay.php?f=130

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Islands

hey,

due to move in end of next month. haven't a car space - what is the story for those of you who did not get one?

we dont have one either....loads of on street parking but i presume eventually it will be double yellow lined....no way im payin a fortune for a space though...considering i dont even currently own a car :)

we also paid 1200 management fee on completion...starting to wonder what thats for! surely they should hoover the communal areas or at least clean the windows or something?!?!

we also paid 1200 management fee on completion...starting to wonder what thats for! surely they should hoover the communal areas or at least clean the windows or something?!?!

The communal areas are still a mess from the builders, they should at least be clearing things up.

yes - the area outside block 6 is like a wind tunnel...so much rubbish flying around outside...and all the communal carpets are filthy...might have a word with them soon if they dont sort it out.

• Advertisement

I received notification that my apartment is ready for snagging but the water and ESB are not connected yet and the power sockets are still loose.

When any of you were asked to snag your apartment, was it at a stage where it looked complete?

Also how long did it take from the initial snag before it was completed and ready to move into?

Advertisement