Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island Key, East Wall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

perhaps they could give us car stickers (like i have at work) - and a visitor one or something incase we have people staying...that way, if your car has no Island Key window sticker - you get clamped! did anyone also see that tape all OVER the complex last couple of days? Black tape all over the grass/road/cars! No idea where it came from! That place is on the border line now, it could either turn out to be lovely, or a dump! We need to do everything we can to keep on top of it....! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

So last night there were still 2 cars parked on our pathways overnight.

A question for Lansdowne Partnership, how hard is it to buy a clamp and clamp these vehicles?

Once again cars parked all over the pathways and the entrance to the complex over the weekend - the complex is turning into a kip because of the lack of action by the Managing Agents who are Lansdowne Partnership.

I wouldn't bother renting here unless things improve VASTLY.

Cars being set on fire in the middle of the night and Gardai being abused by the natives when they come to investigate.

Another lovely night in Island Key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 memateslawyer

Hi Dmaurice, you could try and buy one of the car park spots now. I'd say you'd get one very cheap. The Liquidator is KPMG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Guitareaxe

Anyone know where that CONSTANT yelping of a small dog is coming from?

I've no problem with animals being kept in the complex but listening to a dog barking for a few hours quickly gets tiresome.

Its Block 3 in the tower. 1st balcony from ground. have to listen to it regularly.

What is it with parties going on until 5:30am in this kip?

Why then do the idiots at the party have to make as much noise as humanly possible when leaving thus waking the whole complex up?

F**kin idiots and idiots whomever is renting the apartment the party was in as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jonnycakes

sounds like a real ****hole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Why then do the idiots at the party have to make as much noise as humanly possible when leaving thus waking the whole complex up?

F**kin idiots and idiots whomever is renting the apartment the party was in as well.

This is the case with most new complexs probably renters or maybe with most new estates junkies normally get a free apartment!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Cars being set on fire in the middle of the night and Gardai being abused by the natives when they come to investigate.

Another lovely night in Island Key.

Hi,
    I've been away for a while. Where was the car set on fire and who were abusing the guards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bubbles_2605

Hi, Myself and 2 friends have been looking at the 3 bed live /work units. They are very nice duplex style apartments, we have some concern about the area though from some of the posts on this thread. Is anyone here living in these duplex apts & what is the area like?

hi mate, its generally absolutely fine - the apartments are really well finished and the area is actually generally quiet! We get the odd incident now and then but i guess in city centre thats to be expected! nothing too major though...and we've been there two years and really like it - no hassle at all and great access to town (bus leaves from right outside the complex) - id say youll have no probs at all. Hope all goes well for you anyway!

Thanks, we are keeping an open mind on it. Lived City Centre before just off Quays close to Bridgefoot St and the Oliver Bond, it had a bad rep too but had no hassle in the 15 months I lived there apart from the odd minor incident. Comes with the territory with most inner city areas though I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Thanks, we are keeping an open mind on it. Lived City Centre before just off Quays close to Bridgefoot St and the Oliver Bond, it had a bad rep too but had no hassle in the 15 months I lived there apart from the odd minor incident. Comes with the territory with most inner city areas though I suppose!

I'm with DMaurice on this.

It's a grand place to live, a few minor problems but the area is generally fine.

I'm with DMaurice on this.

It's a grand place to live, a few minor problems but the area is generally fine.

Hi thanks for your responses, we are moving in to one of the live /work units next week. looking forward to it!!

Hi thanks for your responses, we are moving in to one of the live /work units next week. looking forward to it!!

More pity you, can you back out of it?

The whole complex is rocking at the moment to loud dance music and shouting coming from one of the houses... the nice "owner" of which has a Nazi tattoo on his leg.

Hi - I did hear some music from one of the apartments (having a party) on saturday night...although it stopped at around 12.30 which i dont think is too unreasonable..it was very loud though!....It's not like it happens every weekend...I still think generally its a nice place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

All part of the property boom i think tank talk back in the day.

East Wall is right on top of some really dodgy areas of Dublin...these developments have been plonked on areas which never had a good reputation to begin with. My family is from North Strand area and they wouldnt even move to East Wall area as it has such a bad reputation.

Where do you think the people from these area's moved to? They didnt...the appartment blocks were just plonked inbetween.

I think alot of people have alot to learn. Id be well pee'd off if I invested in a shoe box too

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Hi,

Are any of you new tenants who moved in last June or July? We received an invoice from Lansdowne agency for the gas, and it has a standing charge of 0.70eur per day! Which is unbelievable as I've found on board gais website that it should be 0.187eur per day (for standard tariff).
    Would any of you have any idea of what's going on?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Your gas standing charge includes the maintenance & service of the common boiler system - which is why you have more kitchen storage space than most apartments.. there's no boiler there taking up a valuable cupboard. That's why it's more expensive than BGE.

• Advertisement

babaduck wrote: »
    Your gas standing charge includes the maintenance & service of the common boiler system - which is why you have more kitchen storage space than most apartments.. there's no boiler there taking up a valuable cupboard. That's why it's more expensive than BGE.

But that makes no sense - instead of a standard standing charge of 68eur/year, I'm gonna end up paying around 300eur (+ gas usage). What's the point then to live in a 1-2bed apartment, when the rent is the same as a house, and you're gonna pay the same money for gas...

babaduck wrote: »

So every unit pays 70cent a day - there will be approx 240 units I think so that's €168 per day just to service the boilers in the complex?

I think someone's making a LOT of money on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

if you are living in a house,i think bord gais have a standing charge, plus the bolier needs servicing,cleaning every year ,thats 60 euro approx.A large old house may be more expensive to heat than a standard 2 bed apartment with good insulation in the walls ,and ceilings floors.Depends is the house well built,well insulated.

Anyways, the original questions was whether anyone else received a gas invoice from building management (newcomers from Lansdowne). If not, do you have an account with the gas supplier directly (acc in your own name)?
    Thanks.

Hello all, I have been living here for 2 years and I really don't know what some people here are talking about.

The place is so quiet especially at night. There is some drilling going on now during the day as new units are being filled, that's about the only disturbance I can mention.

In two years I have heard maybe 4 party's, on of them was Halloween and the rest were house warming s, I call that normal.

As for people openly dealing drugs, as I seen on another thread, that's also not true.

I have lived in many areas in my life including the rougher parts of Coolock and Ballymun, and this place is bliss compared to them.

Never seen any "burned out cars" doesn't happen here and if it did ever happen it was a freak occurrence that was cleaned up fast as I never noticed.

I feel safe as houses here walking around even at night, the place is like a ghost town for gods sake I don't know what the complaining s all about.

Its an apartment complex so your gonna hear people occasionally, its normal.

As for Gas I don't pay 70 cent a day standing charge or anything like it so again don't know what these people are talking about.
    I pay about 18 cent a day standing charge which is normal. Costs me about 10 euro a week for heating and hot water, I call that normal, in fact probably cheaper then average.

More pity you, can you back out of it?

The whole complex is rocking at the moment to loud dance music and shouting coming from one of the houses... the nice "owner" of which has a Nazi tattoo on his leg.

I live here 2 years and Have no Idea what your talking about, You sure you live in the same Island key? Its very quiet here.

jonnycakes wrote: »
    sounds like a real ****hole

Its not, Its actually a nice area to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Guitareaxe wrote: »
    In two years I have heard maybe 4 party's, on of them was Halloween and the rest were house warming s, I call that normal.

Four parties? Lucky you.

How exactly do you know the rest were all housewarming. Do you know the people involved, were you at the parties? I can tell you for a fact that the two parties I heard one night which I called the guards out for were definitely not housewarmers as the residents involved had been living there for at least a year.

Guitareaxe wrote: »
    I live here 2 years and Have no Idea what your talking about, You sure you live in the same Island key? Its very quiet here.

Yeah, I'm probably imagining the music that the complex is rocking to now.

What a lovely Bank Holiday Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chape

Hi ,

We (Me ,My wife and baby) are going to move to one of the flat in the ground floor of block5.
    Do you think it's safe enough to move in , knowning that my wife will be at home most of the day and there are no gates at the entrance so everybody can enter the building block ?
    Many thanks for your advice.

Chape.

Advertisement