Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island Key, East Wall

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

IF i was buying an apartment in the city centre i,d go for one that has security gates on the main entrance and security gates on the garage .Otherwise people will be coming in just to rob cars.For 30k i,d expect 24 hour security and a very secure garage space.eg at least one security person on duty at all times.
    Similar to the apartments on batchelors walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Plastik wrote: »
    As it's an ungated complex my understanding is that the ramps would be the responsibility of the Council. Open to correction on that ..

Ultimately that will be the case when the complex has been "Taken in Charge" by Dublin City Council, however that can, and probably will, take years. Until that happens it's a matter for both Management Co's in the complex to look after the complex and the Directors of said Management Co's have a legal responsibility to the shareholders (apartment owners).

Once the Managing Agents settle in I'm sure they'll enforce the "No Parking" rules as set out in the Planning Permission - this will mean that there will be very few cars parking at the far end of the complex as they will be clamped/towed if they do. Fewer cars parking up there means far less speeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭markpb

ricman wrote: »
    For 30k I'd expect 24 hour security and a very secure garage space. eg at least one security person on duty at all times.

The 30k you pay for the parking space goes directly to the builder/developer. The cost of any security guard would be added to your service charge. There is no link between the two at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

stepbar wrote: »
    Sounds great :rolleyes:

I had a look at The Crosbie Apts on Ossary Rd today. I had to laugh when told the price for one beds - 155k or 165k for the duplex one bed... +15k for parking..... only 60 apts left out of 180 :rolleyes: Management fees only 1.2k + 200 eur for parking... Only :rolleyes:

I threw in a price of 130k for a one bed with parking. They're going to come back to me with a yeah or ney next week. Seriously, that's all they're worth.

Any update on this Stepbar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Ultimately that will be the case when the complex has been "Taken in Charge" by Dublin City Council, however that can, and probably will, take years. Until that happens it's a matter for both Management Co's in the complex to look after the complex and the Directors of said Management Co's have a legal responsibility to the shareholders (apartment owners).

Once the Managing Agents settle in I'm sure they'll enforce the "No Parking" rules as set out in the Planning Permission - this will mean that there will be very few cars parking at the far end of the complex as they will be clamped/towed if they do. Fewer cars parking up there means far less speeding.

But ramps are still needed. I've witnessed boy racers speeding into the complex and doing the same on the way out. I regularly see skid marks near the exit.

On a separate note, I notice the Lansdowne Partnership have taken over some of the apartments. The apartments are furnished and I've seen people being shown around. It will be interesting to see if they can fill them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Any update on this Stepbar?

I never got a call back :D

130k was probably optimistic in heinsight.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Trap

The water in my place has stopped working. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas to solve?

Trap wrote: »
    The water in my place has stopped working. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas to solve?

Have you reported it to the Managing Agents? Lansdowne Partnership is their name. A lady from the company is based on the 1st Floor in Block 6 and (the small block on the left as you walk into the complex) and there's a full-time "caretaker" on the ground floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Guitareaxe

Yeah I'll tell you. Two diferent incidents. First was two scumbags trying to gain access to some apartment, no doubt cos they needed drugs from the sounds of their desperate, animal-like screams and roars. Second was another group of low-lifes trying to get into a party which was still going at six in the morning. Both groups were trying to get into the last block of apartments, which is Block 5 I believe.

I have to laugh when I read that post above yours which depicts Island Key as a great place to live and all that happens is a few unruly kids being called in at night. Total bollocks. Whoever wrote that obviously spends his/her weekends someplace else. Those two knackers who I mentioned above regularly end up shouting their heads off trying to get in. One of them started launching himself at the door to try and get in just recently.

The place is a disaster. Most of the residents are decent people who have respect for their neighbours but as always there are a few who simply don't adhere to normal rules like the rest of us. The social housing authority seems to have washed their hands of the whole thing.

Calling the guards when there's trouble is all fine and good but the problem is with a few scumbag residents who need to be evicted. But it's up to other residents to start complaining more. How often is there a residents' committee meeting? That alone says all you need to know.

I live here and I did make the post you laughed at, Im sorry that you have to deal with this **** here its aweful and Im with you on that this must be sorted out.

Yes whats the story with the lack of residents meetings!?

Im lucky I guess, I would hate to live in block 5 Or the houses on the way into the complex on the left. My neighbours on my floor are lovely people , no hassle at all.

The only annoying issue is that someone thinks its funny to hit the fire alarm once a week at least, which means the heating and lifts turn off and also there is a high pitch ringing noise in the lobby on the ground floor from the alarm box for days on end, cant hear it my apartment but I feel sorry for the person on the first floor.

In saying that, I still love living here, and have no trouble from anyone whatsoever, I just ignor the general scangery that seems to go on day and night around the corner.

Some of the parents are disgraceful there, its like a scene from a harlem ghetto. thankfully im up and away from all that.

The best thing that can happen to this place is if the other blocks are filled over the years with nice, decent people. that will put the scang in a serious minority and they will be forced to conform.

Anyway having lived in the likes of ballymun and darndale before I can honestly say that island key is much much much better and safer then those areas.

Its an area that could go either way, its hanging in the balance of being a really nice city apartment complex near the center of everything as it was intended to be or else becoming a scanger settlement.

Anyway, the scang is in a minority here and if the other blocks are filled with nice people as I said, the scangers wont last a second with their behavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

New to boards and to Island Key... only moved in in the last few weeks.

Does anyone know who I can complain to about the noise coming from one of the apartments in the second block that's finished on the right hand side?

Whoever is in the apartment on the fifth floor was belting out music the last couple of nights, including until after 4am this morning - on a Tuesday night.

The music is being blared out with both his/her door and window open so that everyone else can enjoy his/her not so fine taste in music. This is ridiculous behaviour for an apartment complex and shows an unbelievable lack of respect for the rules of the complex and the neighbours - what can I do? I don't know the number of his/her apartment so I can't complain directly to them.

Anyone been in this situation before? What can I do? I've signed a one year lease and there's no way that I'll be putting up with this noise for the entire year - would I be able to break my lease? There's no way I would have moved in if I had known that my neighbours would be playing mysic this loud. Does anybody know what the rules of the complex say about playing music this loud?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

hi all - we are across the way and could hear that music the last two nights - it wasnt loud from where we are but i can imagine the frustration if i was closer! The lady in charge of the apartments is Margaret Lyons - you can email her at mlyons@lansdownepartnership.ie

Hope that is useful :)

Dmaurice wrote: »
    hi all - we are across the way and could hear that music the last two nights - it wasnt loud from where we are but i can imagine the frustration if i was closer! The lady in charge of the apartments is Margaret Lyons - you can email her at mlyons@lansdownepartnership.ie

Hope that is useful :)

Thanks neighbour! I'm reluctant to be a "rat" though so I'll leave it for the moment. The noise was very loud and prevented me from going asleep so if it continues I will definitely make a complaint.

yeah you should - its important the mgmt company are aware of the issues...i had a good chat with her the other day, she's really sound and said she is aware of the behaviour issues with some residents...i have to say though, ive been there 2 years and generally love living there so close to the city centre and the O2 - if they finally get that office block next door rented out then that will help the area too. Oh - NTL just called and said we can get HD TV in island key now for 5e extra a month...incase your interested! Ive been waiting for that for ages! haha. Hope the place works out for you.

New to boards and to Island Key... only moved in in the last few weeks.

Does anyone know who I can complain to about the noise coming from one of the apartments in the second block that's finished on the right hand side?

Whoever is in the apartment on the fifth floor was belting out music the last couple of nights, including until after 4am this morning - on a Tuesday night.

The music is being blared out with both his/her door and window open so that everyone else can enjoy his/her not so fine taste in music. This is ridiculous behaviour for an apartment complex and shows an unbelievable lack of respect for the rules of the complex and the neighbours - what can I do? I don't know the number of his/her apartment so I can't complain directly to them.

Anyone been in this situation before? What can I do? I've signed a one year lease and there's no way that I'll be putting up with this noise for the entire year - would I be able to break my lease? There's no way I would have moved in if I had known that my neighbours would be playing mysic this loud. Does anybody know what the rules of the complex say about playing music this loud?

Block 3 is where it was coming from, kept me awake half the night as well.

Hopefully it was just a case of the person not realising it was loud!

Though I came home to a copy of the House Rules in my letterbox, I wonder does someone think the noise is coming from my apartment?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

Wasn't in the apartment Monday night to appreciate this melodious excrement, but I did feel its effects on Tuesday night. All I will say is that had I known the actual number of the apartment that it was coming from I would have been onto the Gardaí making a complaint.

A question for anyone that has moved in recently with a lease, what way were you told that the underground carpark works? Were you allocated a spot or were you told that you could park in any free space?

No LOUD music last night. Hopefully that's this problem finished.

Thankfully I'm not the only 1 who had a prob with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Scrambler1

Hi guys,

Recently leased an apartment at Island Key. Please tell me this does not refer to the complex!!! http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0901/mcginleyh.html

Is the car park open and operational?? our lease was supposed to include a space

cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Scrambler1 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Recently leased an apartment at Island Key. Please tell me this does not refer to the complex!!! http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0901/mcginleyh.html

Is the car park open and operational?? our lease was supposed to include a space

cheers!

Nope, you're alright, I know for a definite fact that that relates to a different apartment complex!

yes its Alexandra Place (across the road) - that explains the influx of cars parked down our street and on the main road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Scrambler1

Thanks for clearing that up lads!

• Advertisement

Chatterpillar and DMaurice are right - it's the place across the road.

This thread has been very quiet the last few months - thought there might be a bit of life about it given the influx of new folk in the estate!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 volex

Hi, all myself and my friend just started renting one of the apartments in the office block! i loved the inside etc but my friend is really apprehensive about living here? Just wondering if she has reason to be?

volex wrote: »
    Hi, all myself and my friend just started renting one of the apartments in the office block! i loved the inside etc but my friend is really apprehensive about living here? Just wondering if she has reason to be?

Don't think there's anything to be apprehensive about - I'm 20 months in the place with no real problems - sure there's a bit of noise alright but you get that everywhere - I find the area fine and nice and close to town.

You said you're renting in the "office block" - where's that???

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DaveyG84

Hi All,

I am viewing a 3 bed on Monday with the ever helpful Ms Lyons when I requested to view last week I was told that she had been working late all week and couldn't spare the time.I am guessing these apartments have a very high demand in sales and lettings by her attitude. I cannot wait to express my thoughts on her attitude on Monday.

Anyway venting aside.Can anyone please advise the do's and don't and what to look out for in Island Key.Which block is best avoided.We are looking to take a 3 bed with 2 bathrooms and parking.How safe is the car park? Are the apartments spacious? How far of a walk to the luas? Is it relatively safe to walk around the area at night?How nice is the furniture provided in the letting I am hoping that it is like that of the photos and not the cheapest items from Bargain town.

Any help would be appreciated

DaveyG84 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am viewing a 3 bed on Monday with the ever helpful Ms Lyons when I requested to view last week I was told that she had been working late all week and couldn't spare the time.I am guessing these apartments have a very high demand in sales and lettings by her attitude. I cannot wait to express my thoughts on her attitude on Monday.

Anyway venting aside.Can anyone please advise the do's and don't and what to look out for in Island Key.Which block is best avoided.We are looking to take a 3 bed with 2 bathrooms and parking.How safe is the car park? Are the apartments spacious? How far of a walk to the luas? Is it relatively safe to walk around the area at night?How nice is the furniture provided in the letting I am hoping that it is like that of the photos and not the cheapest items from Bargain town.

Any help would be appreciated

pm sent mate.

Anyone know where that CONSTANT yelping of a small dog is coming from?

I've no problem with animals being kept in the complex but listening to a dog barking for a few hours quickly gets tiresome.

the 1st floor in block 4 i think - have a feeling they keep it on the balcony all day...it never stops!

Anyone see the car ABANDONED at the entrance to the complex this morning? Christ, the way that car is parked is just taking the piss, time to sort it out, it's actually parked a couple of feet from the pathway and is right in the way of cars coming in and out of the estate, it is downright dangerous.

When the hell are the Managing Agents going to get the finger out and STOP all the cars and vans from parking on our paths and blocking the entrance to the complex? I've no problem with them parking on the roadway but cars being abandoned as they currently are is not on - time for Lansdowne Partnership (Managing agents) to do something about it. Time to stop putting signs on these cars and go out and buy a clamp and clamp them.

I know the complex across the road has its underground car park problems but footpaths are not made for cars and any damage to the footpaths is going to have to be paid by us. We could even be "neighbourly" and let them park in our underground car park whilst theirs is being brought up to standard.

yes i saw that! It was just in the middle of the road....i thought it was someone stopped at the stop sign...couldnt believe it when i realized it was parked there!! not even at the side of the road!

I agree by the way they need to get the cars moved, but its not easy...If they double yellow line the whole place that means i cant park coz i couldnt afford the 30k car parking space! LOL - Parking like that is ridiculous though!

• Advertisement

Anyone see the car ABANDONED at the entrance to the complex this morning? Christ, the way that car is parked is just taking the piss, time to sort it out, it's actually parked a couple of feet from the pathway and is right in the way of cars coming in and out of the estate, it is downright dangerous.

When the hell are the Managing Agents going to get the finger out and STOP all the cars and vans from parking on our paths and blocking the entrance to the complex? I've no problem with them parking on the roadway but cars being abandoned as they currently are is not on - time for Lansdowne Partnership (Managing agents) to do something about it. Time to stop putting signs on these cars and go out and buy a clamp and clamp them.

I know the complex across the road has its underground car park problems but footpaths are not made for cars and any damage to the footpaths is going to have to be paid by us. We could even be "neighbourly" and let them park in our underground car park whilst theirs is being brought up to standard.
    Dmaurice wrote: »
    yes i saw that! It was just in the middle of the road....i thought it was someone stopped at the stop sign...couldnt believe it when i realized it was parked there!! not even at the side of the road!

I agree by the way they need to get the cars moved, but its not easy...If they double yellow line the whole place that means i cant park coz i couldnt afford the 30k car parking space! LOL - Parking like that is ridiculous though!

You two are not the only one that couldn't believe it... unbelievable where it's parked and agree that it's time to sort it out.

Double yellow lines are not required as it is private property - the Managing Agents can clamp any car they want due to the land being private property. That car should most definitely be clamped/removed/impounded and leave it to the owner to pay for the cost of sorting out their problem, there's no way we should be putting up with that sh1te.

I agree that the pathways could easily be damaged by cars parking on them and it's us that will have to pay for it. I would also have no objection to allowing cars park on our road or in the underground car park but come on, there's no way they should be on the pathways/abandoned like some of them are.

There is an outside chance that the car was stolen and abandoned there... but I doubt it.

Advertisement