Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island Key, East Wall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

yeah they tried that with me - they are just in a rush to complete...dont let them rush you...i ended up sending ellen an email after the 1st snag saying dont waste my time again and if you tell me to re-snag and it is still incomplete i will be billing you for my surveyors time'....they sort it out pretty quick though. you should be able to snag most of it now but they tried to get me to complete on the basis 'the work will be done by the time you move in' - to which i replied 'i wont be moving anywhere until the work IS done, im not completing on a property based on the work 'will be' done'.....they soon pulled the finger out though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

fella1977 wrote: »
    I received notification that my apartment is ready for snagging but the water and ESB are not connected yet and the power sockets are still loose.

When any of you were asked to snag your apartment, was it at a stage where it looked complete?

Also how long did it take from the initial snag before it was completed and ready to move into?

Yup, as DMaurice says don't let them rush you, you only get one chance at a good snag and I would recommend that you only move in and complete when you are happy.

However, I must say that my snag list was done extremely well and extremely quickly by them. Even after I moved in I rang them to come back and do a few things and it was seen to very quickly.

Dmaurice wrote: »
    yes - the area outside block 6 is like a wind tunnel...so much rubbish flying around outside...and all the communal carpets are filthy...might have a word with them soon if they dont sort it out.

Well done mate!

Anyone else moving in any time soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Islands

Due to move in in the next few weeks. The place looks deserted?? Whats going on there? Does anyone have car parking. Very nervous about moving in, just seems very unsafe.

• Advertisement

its grand mate, me and my gf were nervous too but been there 6months and its fine. loads of people moving in at the moment now too - its getting busy now! other than young kids running round every day early evening there is no issues at all - we love it there. :)

Islands wrote: »
    Due to move in in the next few weeks. The place looks deserted?? Whats going on there? Does anyone have car parking. Very nervous about moving in, just seems very unsafe.

Nothing at all to be nervous about pal - I find the area absolutely fine.

What block you moving in to?

did everyone buy a parking space by the way? we didnt but im gettin a car soon so emailed them about buying one and she still quoting 30k (unbelievable!).

I can park on the road at the moment but im thinking it will be double-yellow lined soon...mind u i suppose i can park in the visitor spaces...

30k for a parking space is ridiculous - maybe ill throw her an offer and see what she says.

did everyone buy a parking space by the way? we didnt but im gettin a car soon so emailed them about buying one and she still quoting 30k (unbelievable!).

I can park on the road at the moment but im thinking it will be double-yellow lined soon...mind u i suppose i can park in the visitor spaces...

30k for a parking space is ridiculous - maybe ill throw her an offer and see what she says.

I would offer a ridicuously low price mate (less than 10k) and see what they say. Not a hope are they even close to selling all the car park spaces and you never know, they might be happy just to get the few € in - all they can do is say No.

yeah think i will - I emailed Ellen direct this morning as BrianDwyer still have their heads in the clouds i think! :)

I spoke to Jim at the weekend about changing the code on our door by the way - Ive seen the little kids guess the code on block 4 at the weekend and they were all inside! He said he would get it sorted this week and let us both know the code before he changes it.

Do you think the security guard will be gone once the work is complete - we may have a few more probs as he is constantly chasing kids out of the complex....anyway, time will tell i guess!

Nice to see some more people around the place now though. :)

• Advertisement

yeah think i will - I emailed Ellen direct this morning as BrianDwyer still have their heads in the clouds i think! :)

I spoke to Jim at the weekend about changing the code on our door by the way - Ive seen the little kids guess the code on block 4 at the weekend and they were all inside! He said he would get it sorted this week and let us both know the code before he changes it.

Do you think the security guard will be gone once the work is complete - we may have a few more probs as he is constantly chasing kids out of the complex....anyway, time will tell i guess!

Nice to see some more people around the place now though. :)

Good man about the code by the way. Jim caught me on the way home and said he's changing the code tomorrow (I think), he said he'd give you the new code - if he forgets let me know and I'll pm you the new code.

I asked him about the security guards and he said that they will remain on site until the management company is properly executed. I'd say local kids will see the complex as their playground for a long while!

yeah the local kids seem to love it in there...mind you, i think most of the attraction is because its new and the security guard chases them! haha.

By the way, a friend of mine is moving into block 2 next weekend and he wants to get blinds - do you mind letting me know where you got yours from? He hasnt a clue where to look!

No movement on the parking spaces btw...they said 30k coz there is no margin in parking spaces apparently (I did remind them that there is even less margin in unsold spaces but it didnt go down too well!) ;)

They told me double yellow lines are going through the whole complex and that no visitor parking is provided either!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Islands

They are required by planning permission to provide visitor car parking. Ultimately, it is up to us to take charge of the development as we are all paying for the services throught the service charges. I suggest that we, the residents become the management company.

It is going to be a hugh problem with the kids in the area. They have no green spaces to play in the area. Look at any other private schemes in the area, they all have the developments fenced and gated. We need to have this done or else there will always be problems with the kids and thier parents.

The security will go once the development is completed and the developer has any unoccupiered unit secured. They will not keep a security guard.

apparently not - they said the under planning permission they were not required to include visitor parking as the coucil said there is ample parking on the roads around the complex! Crazy if you ask me - They surely wont double yellow the WHOLE place! - I might ask Jim tomorrow...see if there is anything he can look at doin for us.

On the kids/security etc...I saw loads last night in there climbing on the tractor, walking on the plants etc...just generally being a nuisance but Im not sure how much anyone can do until they actually break the law. Because the floor units in the main blocks are commercial we cant gate the complex like others as the road isnt private i dont think...

Mind u, the security man last night sat in his car on his mobile phone while the kids were all messin around behind him so he's not much use anyway!!

Im not actually too concerned and i think a fair few of them actually live in block 5.

Not sure how the management works etc...although BobbySands on this thread has experience with them i think...he could be the man to lead! :)

Islands wrote: »
    They are required by planning permission to provide visitor car parking. Ultimately, it is up to us to take charge of the development as we are all paying for the services throught the service charges. I suggest that we, the residents become the management company.

It is going to be a hugh problem with the kids in the area. They have no green spaces to play in the area. Look at any other private schemes in the area, they all have the developments fenced and gated. We need to have this done or else there will always be problems with the kids and thier parents.

The security will go once the development is completed and the developer has any unoccupiered unit secured. They will not keep a security guard.

Hey mate,

I remember when talking to Ellen about the visitor parking a while ago they stated that the Council were more than happy to allow as little amount of parking as possible in an effort to have as little amount of cars as possible in the city centre!!! I kid you not! I will check the planning permission to see what it says though I am sure that the only visitor parking is going to be for the Commercial units.

Agree that we'll have fun with the kids using the area as a playground but not really sure what we can do - CCTV is one thing, a security guard is another (though very expensive), gating the development is an option that we should only ever have to look at as a last option as gating means a huge increase in Annual Charges due to the fact that the Local Authority will not take the estate in charge and we will be responsible for on-street lighting, pathways, roadways, pipes etc... there is a lot of hidden costs in this. It would also necessitate a change in planning permission to allow gates to go up.

I have a bit of experience of management companies so I'll keep them on their toes!

Because the floor units in the main blocks are commercial we cant gate the complex like others as the road isnt private i dont think...

A valid point, no Commercial premises would be able to operate within a gated complex as they would not be able to receive visitors easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

Carpets in anyones lift yet or is there just very expensive, rare, plywood?
    Are the door intercom systems working? There's a problem with the one in Block 6.
    Has anyone the code for getting out of the carpark? At the moment I have to open the gate and walk back out the ramp.

There are few, if any, cars in the carpark, so the majority of spaces look like they remain unsold. The only reason for them being unwilling to drop the price on the spaces is that with the number of unsold units in the complex at the moment, unless the builder is going to be able to offer incentives for sale i.e. spaces, they will remain unoccupied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Solas1

Is anyone having problems getting on island key at neighbours.ie ? Whats the Craic ?

Isn't the pitter-patter of the childer something joyous to behold every evening :)

What's the story with the disgustingly ugly railings going in around the green space - it looks hideous.

• Advertisement

no idea! but i agree it looks shocking! I see there is a creche going into block 4. the inside is all painted blue and yellow.

Thought I was back in the joy when I seen it earlier. Bloody hell. Bad memories.

Why are the railings even up? They are absolutely hideous... not gonna sell another unit as long as those railings are there.

Why the hell couldn't they have put something half decent looking up??? Why the hell were the railings even needed in the first place? A nice wall at the entrance would have looked much better.

Anyone else's electricity gone?

Well the placing of the bin sheds was a great idea...

Looks like it's being used as a hide out for the kids to smoke hash... that's twice now I've caught them trying to smash it up.

What a stupid place to put it and what a stupid way to build it, no lock and no roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lexr

OMG i jus moved in yesterday, does anyone know if gates are goin up as i cant stand the noise from people that dont live here:confused:

No, it seems that gates will not be going up at Island Key. Could we petition for gates to be erected on the estate next door to keep them all in?

i went on hols for 3weeks, last night i noticed the amount of kids running round had doubled! They dont seem to cause any trouble really but theyre so bloody loud - and till 11am at night until the mams come out and shout (as loud as they can) for them to come in....thank god the doors and windows are almost sound proof!!

i went on hols for 3weeks, last night i noticed the amount of kids running round had doubled! They dont seem to cause any trouble really but theyre so bloody loud - and till 11am at night until the mams come out and shout (as loud as they can) for them to come in....thank god the doors and windows are almost sound proof!!

I can hear them talking as clear as day with my doors and windows closed and I'm on the fifth floor!

• Advertisement

Jacintaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Joshuaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jonathennnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Nice to see the fire hoses being set off in the underground and some graffiti going up also. :rolleyes:

Advertisement