Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens Attitudes in Nightclubs

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 keanemeister

Relevant wrote: »
    I've said this to people before. I've travelled all over europe and the US and when i come home i notice how ignorant and stuck up "some" girls can be!

When my friends and i were away we would talk to everyone. I struggle to remember any time where someone wouldn't at least engage in a few seconds of pleasant conversation but then when you come home you go up to some fat bird (for a perfectly innocent conversation/question) who thinks she is the sh!t and that she is too good to be talking to you and that she is gods gift! well i say "back in your box you moonpig!"

Came back from Oz and found out the very same thing as this. Have been all over Eastern Europe and America and have never seen the same attitude as the Irish "ladies".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

boogle wrote: »
    Married. Luckily husband is not the jealous or possessive type, but he sometimes gets tired of the whole shagtastic nightclub scene.

EDIT: Just remembered one time I was out last year with friends. I was in a bar and this guy just started chatting, all friendly enough. Then he asked for my number, I politely said no. Then just moved in for a snog and I stepped back and I said I'm sorry I'm engaged, I'm not interested. Then he lost it. Started shouting "Yeah I saw ya flashing yer fu$king ring at me!" (I was holding my drink with my ring hand?!) I was stunned, then he stuck his finger in my face and said "Where's your boyfiend now, huh? He's ****in off somewhere with some tart, and he's not even thinking about you. You're a ****in' assh0le Then he stormed off.

jesus...:eek:
    So it's not nightclubs and women but nightclubs and irish people that just don't mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

javaboy wrote: »
    Sorry I think you're looking for the Greatest Chatup Lines thread.

Lol, well it made me laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Maybe it's because we show the Irish women here way too much respect that they don't deserve, look at every body else such as the French or Italians, most of which don't take any **** from their women which in turn generates more mutual respect. I think we have allowed these wenches to get above themselves. Its a common known fact that if you show a woman too much respect , she will eventually take you for granted and lose interest. that is whats happening here.Women here when they go out are being constantly chatted up , sometimes up to 20 times a night, even the fat ugly ones, guys come across as being too desperate and when a woman breaks up with a guy , what does he do? he starts bawling crying or he f**ks himself in the river. every other time he's worried that she might break up with him and fCuk off with one of his friends.What do you expect??

Care to elaborate? You see, I'm just a lowly Irish wench who gets far too much respect ( such as men randomly groping me and my friends in bars), but I really would love to know how exactly us Irish women have gotten above ourselves. How dare we! We clearly don't 'deserve' to be treated with respect.:p
    Tell me, how exactly do the French and Italian men not take any **** from their women?
    Would you care to back up this 'fact' that if you treat a woman with too much 'respect' she will lose interest?
    What's wrong with Irish women ( even the 'fat, ugly' ones) being chatted up? Have you stopped to think that maybe it's a small number of ignorant ones that are really rude, and these are the ones who display the negative attitude that OP is talking about? No, just because a few guys chat us up, we all think we're God's gift. :rolleyes: Down with this sort of thing!

And would you get away with this rubbish about a man 'bawling crying and fcuking himself in a river' if a woman dumps him? Surely that's not the normal reaction of the average Irish male? Even if it is, that's not treating a woman with 'too much' respect, that's being insecure and clingy (which isn't attractive to anybody, male and female). If it's the case that men are appearing too desperate (which they aren't), surely it's a matter of the men needing to cop themselves on, rather than treat the women with less respect? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

ozzyoh wrote: »
    Lol, well it made me laugh...

Well, I am a very funny person....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

UnReg2008 wrote: »
    Can any guys identify with what i am going to say ........

I was standing around in a Nightclub recently and there was an attractive girl standing on her own so i decided to strike up a conversation. Just as i started talking to her, she says "Oh F-Off"

This was fairly early in the night and i was fairly sober. Now i've had some nasty things said to me when approaching women in Clubs as have a lot of my mates but i don't understand why women behave like complete a-holes just because i guy trys to get talking to them.

None of my mates or me would ever say anything rude to a girl who started talking to us. I've never heard a mate turn around to a girl and say something like" eh, do you want something"

Its only Irish women that do it as well. Talking to polish girls etc is no problem. They are very down to earth and will chat away. Me and my mates have a laugh about it but it happens a lot and i'm definately not a sleazebag and don't understand womens reactions sometimes.

Jesus Christ. If that happened to me I'd go mental. I'd probably bundle her into the sack for naughty people:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Acacia wrote: »
    Care to elaborate? You see, I'm just a lowly Irish wench who gets far too much respect ( such as men randomly groping me and my friends in bars)

Wow, if that's the sort of respect women are after I'm suddenly a born again feminist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I got "cherry picked" to join the Chicago Bears in the VIP section of a nightclub (in Chicago, funnily enough) two years ago. Explained to the guy in question that I was engaged and not interested, and got an earful of abuse for not knowing how lucky I was and how "loads of girls would kill for this opportunity".

I guess us uppity Irish birds just don't know our place, eh?

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I got "cherry picked" to join the Chicago Bears in the VIP section of a nightclub (in Chicago, funnily enough) two years ago. Explained to the guy in question that I was engaged and not interested, and got an earful of abuse for not knowing how lucky I was and how "loads of girls would kill for this opportunity".

I guess us uppity Irish birds just don't know our place, eh?

Eh, yeah, I think so anyway.

No sarcasm...

It's the Chicago BEARS for goodness sake:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

You know what lads? That's the problem. Feminists! Women with too much self confidence and hate men because we're men and because they can do so much better than us at everything. So I ask ye wimmins to prove it! you can make me my 46 layer high sandwich in the kitchen then! Women, you should know your place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

It's the Chicago BEARS for goodness sake:confused:

They weren't on my "list", what could I do? My hands were tied...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Its rather odd. Women complain about being groped by the obviously over the top arse holes but don't go up and talk to the guy just chilling in a seat or even just chatting in a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

I think it's hilarious that this thread is generally about giving out about Irish women, and the ad on top is "Need an Asian Wife?" Lol!! There ye go lads - answer to all yer prayers....

Dinter wrote: »
    Wow, if that's the sort of respect women are after I'm suddenly a born again feminist.

Well, I was being sarcastic. :pac:
    Its rather odd. Women complain about being groped by the obviously over the top arse holes but don't go up and talk to the guy just chilling in a seat or even just chatting in a group.

Maybe they were on their way over to talk the guy sitting down in the corner when the pervy guy came up and groped them. It's happened to me before. :D

Yeah. For this reason I wouldn't like to be a woman, because they tend not freely choose out a love interest in the crowd, they only choose from people who have approached them.

Which is often not a great selection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Well, I was being sarcastic. :pac:

Well then, BACK IN THE KITCHEN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Seems to me alot of you lads don't understand women :D
    Women are quite content with going out all dressed up so the other girls can see how nice they are etc and get a few nice comments from men then there happy campers .
    Makes them feel good.Makes them feel good rejecting men aswell but mostly the men have no "balls" anyway.Give her a slap in the ass i say and ask her to dance anf stfu :)

Dinter wrote: »
    Well then, BACK IN THE KITCHEN!

Why? Have you my dinner ready? Aw thanks for that, you're a star!:p ;)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 keanemeister

So true ladies....if ye want Mr. Nice Guy, go and find him. Stop giving out about the clowns that go try every girl in the place and maybe keep the eyes open for the lad who's just being normal???? (aka me)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Why the hell would you want mr nice guy?He's too easy !.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 goodcitizen

ozzyoh wrote: »
    You need to see a counsellor about your issues, it ain't healty to have such an anti-women attitude!

I don't have an anti women attitude but thanks for your concern, just an anti Irish women attitude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 goodcitizen

Care to elaborate? You see, I'm just a lowly Irish wench who gets far too much respect ( such as men randomly groping me and my friends in bars), but I really would love to know how exactly us Irish women have gotten above ourselves. How dare we! We clearly don't 'deserve' to be treated with respect.:p
    Tell me, how exactly do the French and Italian men not take any **** from their women?
    Would you care to back up this 'fact' that if you treat a woman with too much 'respect' she will lose interest?
    What's wrong with Irish women ( even the 'fat, ugly' ones) being chatted up? Have you stopped to think that maybe it's a small number of ignorant ones that are really rude, and these are the ones who display the negative attitude that OP is talking about? No, just because a few guys chat us up, we all think we're God's gift. :rolleyes: Down with this sort of thing!

And would you get away with this rubbish about a man 'bawling crying and fcuking himself in a river' if a woman dumps him? Surely that's not the normal reaction of the average Irish male? Even if it is, that's not treating a woman with 'too much' respect, that's being insecure and clingy (which isn't attractive to anybody, male and female). If it's the case that men are appearing too desperate (which they aren't), surely it's a matter of the men needing to cop themselves on, rather than treat the women with less respect? :confused:

Your statement "men randomly groping me and my friends in bars " I find very hard to believe in the era of big f**k off bouncers who I am sure you would call upon to intervene if anybody tried that kind of harressment.
    I've been going to pubs and nightclubs for a long time and i've never seen it happen.
    How I think women have gotten above themselves? It's the assumptons they make.The point is some people when they go out just want to have a chat, and if they happen to chat with the opposite sex , so be it, but instead women don't give men the benefit of the doubt and jump to the wrong conclusions, always assuming the worst when in reality the the guy is just being being socialable and just wants to have a talk. Instead he is treated like an animal who's only motivation is to get laid at your expense.
    Anyway if you are ina nightclub, the main reason you are there is to talk to the opposite sex, right?
    About the guy bawling crying at being dumped, I was refering to the way men have become very feminine in this modern world and because of this, the woman has lost respect for him. Okay, so there will always be a number of assholes who won't take the hint, but there are assholes in every walk of life, so is that any reason to have a chip on your shoulder whenever you enter a social function.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Why the hell would you want mr nice guy?He's too easy !.:D

I KNEW it! Women DO prefer the **** and the whole "Fvck off" thing DOES mean yes. Grope city, lads!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Your statement "men randomly groping me and my friends in bars " I find very hard to believe in the era of big f**k off bouncers who I am sure you would call upon to intervene if anybody tried that kind of harressment.
    I've been going to pubs and nightclubs for a long time and i've never seen it happen.
    How I think women have gotten above themselves? It's the assumptons they make.The point is some people when they go out just want to have a chat, and if they happen to chat with the opposite sex , so be it, but instead women don't give men the benefit of the doubt and jump to the wrong conclusions, always assuming the worst when in reality the the guy is just being being socialable and just wants to have a talk. Instead he is treated like an animal who's only motivation is to get laid at your expense.
    Anyway if you are ina nightclub, the main reason you are there is to talk to the opposite sex, right?
    About the guy bawling crying at being dumped, I was refering to the way men have become very feminine in this modern world and because of this, the woman has lost respect for him. Okay, so there will always be a number of assholes who won't take the hint, but there are assholes in every walk of life, so is that any reason to have a chip on your shoulder whenever you enter a social function.

You find it hard to believe? That's too bad, because it has happened to me and my friends. I tell them to fcuk off by myself, no need to tell the bouncers (who are outside the club, not inside, I believe.) In any case, this is an example of how Irish women actually aren't given 'too much' respect like you were implying.

I agree with the point of people being allowed to chat with the opposite sex, without any ulterior motive behind it. I posted here before saying I, personally, like talking with lots of people when I go out, male and female. My problem is how you generalize and imply that all Irish women are rude and arrogant, when many of them aren't.

" there are assholes in every walk of life, so is that any reason to have a chip on your shoulder whenever you enter a social function."
    I don't have an anti women attitude but thanks for your concern, just an anti Irish women attitude

Yes, there unpleasant people in every nationality. Yet, it's only Irish women who have gotten above themselves and treat guys like animals? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭TMoreno

Same old, same old. Once for all guys, when You talk to women in clubs or bars just ask the good question.
    When you go to a nightclub or a bar, just say "hi" and ask them if they want to dance. 99.99% of the time Irish Women will answer politely. They will say "yes" or "no thanks" but they will smile and answer respectfully. If you cannot dance, then it's your fault, not women's.
    Acacia was asking why French and Italian men don't take s*** from women. Well it's easy, we know that there are many fish in the see and a "no" from one women does not represent a "no" from all women, she might have a boyfriend, or we might not be her type.
    It's alway a pleasure for me to go to a bar or a nightclub just to see, talk and dance with the gorgeous, the beautiful, the magnificent, funny, intelligent Irish women who love to be asked to dance.

golum wrote: »
    not only are foreign women more approachable and friedliet, they're generally also a damn sight more attractive
    let's hope the recession doesn't cause the ladies to leave

Any lads here get lucky with a Polish lady?

gabgab wrote: »
    "you must be so proud of how you conduct yourself"
    "are you kidding I would'nt **** you for practice"
    "aaaaw, did the nice man with the porsche heart break your heart....."
    "easy there princess, I'm pretty drunk and you looked pretty easy, no big deal"

My mates have endless supply of smart comebacks to these "ladies"

Its hilarious to see the **** that happens, and I always find it amusing to get involved. Just because like a bully in school I dont believe people should be allowed to whatever they feel like and treat people ignorantly, as long as they have not been approached in a genuinely decent manner.

The ignorant thing among Irish women is very true in some cases and not in others...... I do think its funny when these girls are faced with a bit of competition, thats when it gets very funny.....

Or if you get told to fcuk off,just say 'you smell anyway'.

Advertisement