Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens Attitudes in Nightclubs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why are you telling me that, your reply had nothing to do with my post. I don't care what most guys said, was I replying to them?

post 1: Gay people are mean.
    post 2: Nah, they are not generally, here is what I think.
    post 3: Nah, they are not generally, here is what I think.
    my post: Nah, they are not generally, here is what I think.
    Your post: Some people said that they are not already already!!!!!11

Thanks for telling me what I already read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

allybhoy wrote: »
    I disagree, Nightclubs are a great place to meet women, dont get me wrong I have a GF and of course you can meet girls everywhere, but my single mates have never had a 1night stand with a girl they met in the library.

Well, if you're looking for a one night stand then yeah, but that's all. It's not going to amount to anything more than that.

I'm not saying one night stands aren't fun. I'm saying that judging by my friends performance, the failure rate is incredibly high..... so high in fact that i'd say overall the average person would enjoy themselves more overall if they just went out to have a good time.

also, I'd really feel sorry for someone if they went out every weekend looking for random sex with strangers.

I know everyone probably dissagrees with me, but surely there's more to life than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 conksmith

Reading this post us girls really got an unfair bashing..

My question to the guys is What to you go to chat up women in nightclubs for??Meaningful relationships?Please..

Gonna give you my experience of one night in a nightclub in Kildare..ONE NIGHT..

My other half went to the bathroom so I was at the bar attempting to get served when some guy offered me a drink..I refused with grace and class telling him my bf was either puking or peeing..

Fine..whatever...soooo

An hour later I'm out in the smoking are and my bf was talking to an old school mate(still beside me) and one guy actually..(swear to god) came up and said "looking for a ride-you interested?" told him to **** off so he asked the girl beside me..

Lost my cool a bit..

But..

On the way out (may I remind you this was the SAME NIGHT!!) I got molested..frontal crotch grope and linger...the guy smiled at me..to which i replied to him with a punch in the nose...

So the moral is...

Men are sex demons and I'd tell you all to **** off!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

vinylmesh wrote: »
    Well, if you're looking for a one night stand then yeah, but that's all. It's not going to amount to anything more than that.

Fail. I met my b/f of 4 years in a nightclub! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

conksmith wrote: »
    Men are sex demons and I'd tell you all to **** off!

What about your boyfriend?

He's a man.....maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

conksmith wrote: »
    Reading this post us girls really got an unfair bashing.....

....... I'd tell you all to **** off!

And you wonder WHY the girls are coming off badly...?

Men go to nightclubs for one reason and one reason only - I thought women already knew this? Why women go, I have no idea.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Wow the argument in this thread just keeps going around in circles. I'm starting to get dizzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

boogle wrote: »
    Wow the argument in this thread just keeps going around in circles. I'm starting to get dizzy.

+1. Some women are bitches, many aren't. Some men are disgusting leches, many aren't. You don't know what you're going to get each day, that's what makes life fun. The end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Why are you telling me that, your reply had nothing to do with my post. I don't care what most guys said, was I replying to them?

post 1: Gay people are mean.
    post 2: Nah, they are not generally, here is what I think.
    post 3: Nah, they are not generally, here is what I think.
    my post: Nah, they are not generally, here is what I think.
    Your post: Some people said that they are not already already!!!!!11

Thanks for telling me what I already read.

Then why did you quote a line saying

"Its only Irish women that do it as well. "?

I replied that MOST guys do not hold to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Methinks that it is time to get off this merry-go-round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

PillyPen wrote: »
    +1. Some women are bitches, many aren't. Some men are disgusting leches, many aren't. You don't know what you're going to get each day, that's what makes life fun. The end?

You would hope so but it's most likely not going to be the case.

Anywhoo do people really hook up from nightclubs? I know plenty of people who go to them and plenty who don't and all the couples I know didn't meet each other at nightclubs, they met doing other things. I met my missus in my local laundrette.

I would never go to a nightclub with the intention of scoring/shacking up with a lady. It just seems kinda sleazy really.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Anywhoo do people really hook up from nightclubs? I know plenty of people who go to them and plenty who don't and all the couples I know didn't meet each other at nightclubs, they met doing other things. I met my missus in my local laundrette.

I would never go to a nightclub with the intention of scoring/shacking up with a lady. It just seems kinda sleazy really.
    As opposed to hanging around laundrettes trying to steal used thongs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Terry wrote: »
    As opposed to hanging around laundrettes trying to steal used thongs?

Everyone gets their kicks somehow Terry. Don't fupping judge me..... don't fuppin' judge me, ya hear?!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Then why did you quote a line saying

"Its only Irish women that do it as well. "?

I replied that MOST guys do not hold to this

Because I was obviously arguing with people that did not agree with me not the ones that said the same as me.

If somebody was arguing against racism would you reply saying, 'most people think that racism is wrong'? What's that got to do with the discussion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Agreed, it does seem very skanky. I've never once met a man at a nightclub. The whole idea is unappealing.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Men go to nightclubs for one reason and one reason only - I thought women already knew this? Why women go, I have no idea.

I go to clubs with my girlfriends to have a laugh and a boogie! (And yes, I'm attached.)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

PillyPen wrote: »
    Agreed, it does seem very skanky. I've never once met a man at a nightclub. The whole idea is unappealing.

You've never once met a man at a nightclub? :eek: At all?

Well if you're going to go to clubs with names like "Sister Sister", "She/She" or "Vixens", you're probably not going to stumble across too many men. :pac:

javaboy wrote: »
    You've never once met a man at a nightclub? :eek: At all?

Well if you're going to go to clubs with names like "Sister Sister", "She/She" or "Vixens", you're probably not going to stumble across too many men. :pac:

Yeah, because any woman that hasn't had a one-night stand with some stranger from a nightclub is obviously a lesbian.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah, because any woman that hasn't had a one-night stand with some stranger from a nightclub is obviously a lesbian.

Here is the point: .
    I think you missed it.

Here is the point: .
    I think you missed it.

I'm sorry, when he said "never met a man in a nightclub", I took that to mean "never shagged a man in a nightclub" :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I'm sorry, when he said "never met a man in a nightclub", I took that to mean "never shagged a man in a nightclub" :p

You've obviously only got one thing on your mind! :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭CursedSkeptic

People who behave in this manner are deeply insecure, and it seems that the night club setting brings this out as it is often a place where people who don't know each other are in a situation where they speak to each other. They attempt to give themselves a boost in self esteem by rejecting attempts at communication in a nonchalant fashion, as if they are so above the individual they are dealing with that they don't even have to bother with normal etiquette. They are effectively trying to convince themselves that they are somebody special and valuable, because this is something far removed from their actual self opinion. Nightclubs are disgusting places at the best of times, vulgar popular culture and idiocy combined with alcohol creates a situation which is enough to make anybody with a mind want to hurl themselves from oft the nearest precipice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

People who behave in this manner are deeply insecure, and it seems that the night club setting brings this out as it is often a place where people who don't know each other are in a situation where they speak to each other. They attempt to give themselves a boost in self esteem by rejecting attempts at communication in a nonchalant fashion, as if they are so above the individual they are dealing with that they don't even have to bother with normal etiquette. They are effectively trying to convince themselves that they are somebody special and valuable, because this is something far removed from their actual self opinion. Nightclubs are disgusting places at the best of times, vulgar popular culture and idiocy combined with alcohol creates a situation which is enough to make anybody with a mind want to hurl themselves from oft the nearest precipice.

I like this guys style.

To be honest if I was a girl I'm sure I'd be sick of drunken people coming up and demanding sex.

Just because I'm generally polite and well-mannered to everyone doesn;t mean the rest of the world is. Having seen the approach some of my friends have to women, I can't say I'd be too surprised. Though I'd point out that a woman who acts like a bitch is probably going home on her own too. ;)

*falls asleep*

javaboy wrote: »
    You've obviously only got one thing on your mind! :D;)

I object to your intended slur on my virtuous nature! :eek:

Take any woman who complains about being hit on constantly in a club to a gay bar and watch as they complain that no one pays them any attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭CursedSkeptic

ozzyoh wrote: »
    *falls asleep*

I think two minute in your company would be just as soporific for me as it would be for you

I think two minute in your company would be just as soporific for me as it would be for you

Did your monocle pop out when you read her post?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ozzyoh wrote: »
    *falls asleep*

I guess he's in the 29.1% of people smarter than you.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Ahh here, why can't you just accept that eastern european ladies are here and we like them. Maybe you don't like them, maybe you were burned by one but you always seem to place them in a negative light in these threads. No-one is saying they are the be all and end all but there is a significant amount of them here involved with irishmen in relationships.

Ive no problem with personal preference :) But what I do find bizarre is this almost AH exclusive thing that they are all to a girl absoloutely stunning looking, an opinion that, in real non boards life, I have very seldom heard from Irish lads.

If you were to take 100 Irish and 100 EE women aged 18-32and put them in a room, by my reckoning you would have, give or take a few, the same proportion that are, at a minimum, lashable. I also concede there would be more heavy Irish women from our sample. However, if you were to divide the lashable into groups of.... alright, not bad, nice, hot as **** and absoloutely beautiful, I have a suspicion you would get slightly more Irish in the top category. One gripe alot of my mates have is that with EE one great looking girl looks too similiar to the next looker. Irish girls are good looking but with more varied looks and facial features.

Why on earth do you say that? I'm not trying to get a rise from the irish ladies but the fact of the matter is that the foreign ladies are alot less difficult to talk too/get on with than the irish ladies. They certainly seem to have less hang-ups and are less bitchy.

Different folks/different strokes I guess. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Fact of the matter? :confused: As said previously, I have trouble dragging mates to decent dance nights in clubs in town because the majority of the girls will be EE. Yes, some of them will be fluent but there will be alot who know basic English. Hardly easier to talk to, hence the reason none of the lads will go.
    but there is a significant amount of them here involved with irishmen in relationships

Is there?

I live in one of the most multinational parts of Dublin (15). I personally know one Irish mate who was in a rship with a Pole. I casually know of two other lads who were/are with Latvians, and a Ghanian mate who is with a Czech. Only known of one E European girl in work with an Irishman. Despite the amount of them in this area I could nearly count on my fingers the amount of Irish lads Ive seen walking around with EE girls who they are obviously with. Ive seen loads more walking around with Chinese, African, South American etc etc. Despite their lesser numbers in this country Id know of far more Irish-W European couples (Spanish, French, German, Italian etc etc) than with the more ubiquitous easterners. Actually Ive probably seen more African lads with E European girls (not common either, but more so than Irish around here). And Im not sure Ive ever seen, let alone known, of an Irish girl with an eastern dude.

Advertisement