Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens Attitudes in Nightclubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Last time I was at a nightclub, a guy came over to me and tried to strike up a conversation. I was out with the girls but I was polite and friendly up until the point where he said "You and I look really good together; I think you'll be pleasantly surprised in the morning". I looked at him to see if it was a lame joke but he was deadly serious... I laughed weakly and managed to extricate myself. About an hour later, a different guy sat next to me and started to chat to me. He seemed okay but he kept putting himself between me and my friends, so I had to talk to him and only him. When I told him (very nicely) that I wasn't interested he said "Look, I'm an architect and I live on I]insert name of very expensive street in Dublin[/I, it's not like you're going to get any better than that."

I excused myself and went home. That was about two months ago and I haven't been out to a nightclub since...

I've never been rude to anyone who approaches me but sometimes I wish I was... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Dinxminx wrote: »
    I've never been rude to anyone who approaches me but sometimes I wish I was... :(

You are about the only person i have ever met that i think needs to drop the manners sometimes. But you know that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Terry wrote: »
    Equal rights for some...

Miniature American flags for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Last time I was at a nightclub, a guy came over to me and tried to strike up a conversation. I was out with the girls but I was polite and friendly up until the point where he said "You and I look really good together; I think you'll be pleasantly surprised in the morning". I looked at him to see if it was a lame joke but he was deadly serious... I laughed weakly and managed to extricate myself. About an hour later, a different guy sat next to me and started to chat to me. He seemed okay but he kept putting himself between me and my friends, so I had to talk to him and only him. When I told him (very nicely) that I wasn't interested he said "Look, I'm an architect and I live on I]insert name of very expensive street in Dublin[/I, it's not like you're going to get any better than that."

I excused myself and went home. That was about two months ago and I haven't been out to a nightclub since...

What I can not understand is this.
    If a guy comes over, why is it not ok for a woman to just indicate if she is in a relationship before any time is spent talking. That way the guy will know if he has a shot or not. Then let him leave or have a conversation and good time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

I never understood the whole "chatting up girls in a nightclub" thing.

I go out to have fun, not to deal with the stress and rejection of it all ect.

Personally I'd never want to give any girl the satisfaction of knowing i'd go with her without getting some sort of indication that she likes me.

It really saddens me that a lot of women treat men like fools and that these men then act like fools when around women.

e.g

Me + mates in a club.Ok looking girl (yes i'd do her, but she's definately not class A material (bear in mind i was drunk at the time) starts posing (actually posing, like a statue) as if she was the hottest woman alive. Anyway she's trying to get our attention and then one of my friends motions to her to come over ( how was it not obvious that she was just teasing us) anyway, she doesn't budge. My friend then goes to motion to her again but luckily before he can I motion to her in my crudest of sign language to **** off. She looked kinda shocked and walked off. Then my friend goes "what the ****, why did you drive her away like that" (like, is he REALLY that niaive).My other friends congratulate me and with that confidence boost i go off and enjoy the rest of the night.

Yes, i've probably missed out on a few one night stands over the years, but that's all.

Statistically the number of people who go on to marry someone they met in a club is very small.

btw, I have gotten girls in clubs before. But every time i did, she showed a definate interest in me.And it never felt hard or like work and it was never stressful, it just felt like talking to a girl and having a good time.

Basically what i'm trying to say is you should never compromise your dignity for the sake of a woman, no matter how hot she is.

If you have any sort of a chance of something decent happening then she'll do some of the work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

If a guy comes over, why is it not ok for a woman to just indicate if she is in a relationship before any time is spent talking. That way the guy will know if he has a shot or not. Then let him leave or have a conversation and good time
    She may not be in a relationship?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Meh she was just a bitch. It's unfair to say it is just an Irish girl thing although it is much more likely to happen here if the girl is Irish than not. The foreign girls always want to have a chat.

Dragan wrote: »
    She may not be in a relationship?

Or just indicate if she has interest in scoring that night.

It is then up to the lad to use his "charm and wit" to impress on her that this may lead to her missing out. At least the guy can not accuse her of being a prick tease, he knows the score from the off.

I have very rarely chatted any woman up (in fact my embarrassed stumblings can not be considered chatting up) but apparently I have a very flirty nature, this means that I usually ended up having a girl come on to me after a conversation.
    Saying that, I always found that being honest from the off usually helped prevent a lot of awkward situations where someone gets the wrong message

Meh she was just a bitch. It's unfair to say it is just an Irish girl thing although it is much more likely to happen here if the girl is Irish than not. The foreign girls always want to have a chat.

Most guys here never said it was an "Irish girl" thing.

just that it was more likely to be an Irish girl who did it.

Along the line of
    10 foreign and 10 Irish

a guy could get knocked back by the 20 (poor guy)

19 could be polite and say that they have no interest but 1 could say "fcuk off"

In most guys experience, the 1 to say that will be an Irish Girl

That girl is the female equilivant of the W@nker guy who leers at women

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Is it all about scoring? I don't think every guy that approaches me is trying to score me. So i wont indicate anything... He can chat away, i.e. if i am interested and if not i would politely walk away...
    Been rude to a few who deserved it... but thats about it

• Advertisement

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Is it all about scoring? I don't think every guy that approaches me is trying to score me. So i wont indicate anything... He can chat away, i.e. if i am interested and if not i would politely walk away...
    Been rude to a few who deserved it... but thats about it

Don't get me wrong. Not every guys is trying.

But to ensure that you do not waste either of your time (his on thinjing that he has a chance or yours on a guy that has no interest in talking really), it is easier to let it slip in that there is nothing going to happen.

I used to do it all the time, by saying things like "left the OH at home for a night out with the lads" or "I really hate when people you don't know try to score you in a club, don't you". Saying them in general conversation like, not flat out saying, "Look, you're not my type. Stay and talk if you want but just letting you know the situation"

As I said earlier, that lays the ground work. If he is "Only" interested in scoring, he will bugger off sharply TBH, otherwise you know that the guy is genuine in his interest in talking to you like

Don't get me wrong. Not every guys is trying.

But to ensure that you do not waste either of your time (his on thinjing that he has a chance or yours on a guy that has no interest in talking really), it is easier to let it slip in that there is nothing going to happen.

I used to do it all the time, by saying things like "left the OH at home for a night out with the lads" or "I really hate when people you don't know try to score you in a club, don't you". Saying them in general conversation like, not flat out saying, "Look, you're not my type. Stay and talk if you want but just letting you know the situation"

As I said earlier, that lays the ground work. If he is "Only" interested in scoring, he will bugger off sharply TBH, otherwise you know that the guy is genuine in his interest in talking to you like

It's easier said than done.

I am single myself and i enjoy conversations, but that doesn't mean i want the lads to chat me up and maybe more....
    I was in CFJ a few weeks ago and two lads started a conversation about my purse, and we chatted for a while... There was no scoring just good conversation!

It's easier said than done.

I am single myself and i enjoy conversations, but that doesn't mean i want the lads to chat me up and maybe more....
    I was in CFJ a few weeks ago and two lads started a conversation about my purse, and we chatted for a while... There was no scoring just good conversation!

Well if that is working for you why change anything?

I am more talking about the ladies how say that guys are expecting to score after a conversation.

PS two guys checking out your purse and not you???
    Hmmmm interesting lol

Well if that is working for you why change anything?

I am more talking about the ladies how say that guys are expecting to score after a conversation.

PS two guys checking out your purse and not you???
    Hmmmm interesting lol

:p
    They said "If we had asked you some other question, you wont give us the time of the day"
    They said the truth!!! I would have nicely left, but i like my purses and handbags so i was impressed!

And no they are not ghey!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

pics of the purse or it didnt happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

Who goes out without the intention of trying to score? Ive never gone out to a club " for a laugh" with friends. Its all about getting to know girls.

spooiirt!! wrote: »
    Who goes out without the intention of trying to score? Ive never gone out to a club " for a laugh" with friends. Its all about getting to know girls.

ummm me

and the lads I am friends with. Why waste a night out with the lads, especially if you have not seen them in ages.

College nights out were also, for the drink and craic but if you scored it was an added bonus

hal9000 wrote: »

lol

Yeah, what purse could get the attention of 2 guys who have not caught "de ghey"

ummm me

and the lads I am friends with. Why waste a night out with the lads, especially if you have not seen them in ages.

College nights out were also, for the drink and craic but if you scored it was an added bonus

I train every day so i gotta make the nights out count. Its a whole wasted day for me when i get drunk.
    If i want to have fun with my mates i go see a film or eat a few steaks with them or so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

This thread has just reminded me of something.....oh yeah, God I Hate Clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭funkycat83

i dont find nightclubs very good places for 'striking up conversation' or meeting people in general . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Either one of 3 things.

1. You rarely go to clubs
    2. You're absolutely $hite at chatting up women

Or
    3.......It's been statistically proven that clubs are really **** places to meet women and it almost never works out so why waste so much time?

There's loads of good places you can go to meet women,a nightclub isn't one of them.

As was already said, most people go out for a laugh, scoring is an added bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭allybhoy

vinylmesh wrote: »

There's loads of good places you can go to meet women,a nightclub isn't one of them.

As was already said, most people go out for a laugh, scoring is an added bonus.

I disagree, Nightclubs are a great place to meet women, dont get me wrong I have a GF and of course you can meet girls everywhere, but my single mates have never had a 1night stand with a girl they met in the library.

"As was already said, most people go out for a laugh, scoring is an added bonus. "

yeah... thats why everyone dances selfconsciously in a circle while nervously glancing over to the opposite sex every 2 minutes... because of THE LAUGH

:D

Hey go dancing with your friends all you want, but i only go to clubs because of the hot chicks.
    vinylmesh wrote: »
    Either one of 3 things.
    3.......It's been statistically proven that clubs are really **** places to meet women and it almost never works out so why waste so much time?

QUOTE]

Sounds like your the one whos **** at chatting up women.

Ah nope! Go out with the girls to hang out and catch up and dance!
    hal9000 wrote: »
    Hahahhaha....
    lol

Yeah, what purse could get the attention of 2 guys who have not caught "de ghey"

Nope not ghey! Or i dunno.... they said they were straight!:eek:

Ah nope! Go out with the girls to hang out and catch up and dance!

Sure you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Sure you do!

You obviously don't know too much about women. Don't worry though, when you grow up big and strong and meet some real women, you'll learn all these things. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Most guys here never said it was an "Irish girl" thing.

just that it was more likely to be an Irish girl who did it.

Along the line of
    10 foreign and 10 Irish

a guy could get knocked back by the 20 (poor guy)

19 could be polite and say that they have no interest but 1 could say "fcuk off"

In most guys experience, the 1 to say that will be an Irish Girl

That girl is the female equilivant of the W@nker guy who leers at women
    Its only Irish women that do it as well.

Most guys said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Meh. I'm a city planner.

Advertisement