Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens Attitudes in Nightclubs

Options
  • 28-08-2008 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Can any guys identify with what i am going to say ........

I was standing around in a Nightclub recently and there was an attractive girl standing on her own so i decided to strike up a conversation. Just as i started talking to her, she says "Oh F-Off"

This was fairly early in the night and i was fairly sober. Now i've had some nasty things said to me when approaching women in Clubs as have a lot of my mates but i don't understand why women behave like complete a-holes just because i guy trys to get talking to them.

None of my mates or me would ever say anything rude to a girl who started talking to us. I've never heard a mate turn around to a girl and say something like" eh, do you want something"

Its only Irish women that do it as well. Talking to polish girls etc is no problem. They are very down to earth and will chat away. Me and my mates have a laugh about it but it happens a lot and i'm definately not a sleazebag and don't understand womens reactions sometimes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Refresh

dont take it personally
    not defending her but she might just be having a bad day, could of had a fight with a friend, might not be single
    99% of the time ive approached women it has gone well, at the very least id have a conversation with him

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

it's hardly a personal issue......maybe the girl just dosen't appreciate random blokes walking up and trying to hit on her, i've the opposite problem with women, they keep coming up and hitting on me....it's dam bloddy annoying:mad:

Stick to Polish women so. Everyone is happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

ahh the foreign ladies. Whatever else about the state of the country, I hope to f&(* that they don't leave.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭unhappycamper

Sadly some people are just rude. Its not you its them. Before I approach a girl I will have made some serious eye contact with her first before I speak to her. It's in the eye contact, simple. If they ain't looking at ya move the f**k on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

it's hardly a personal issue......maybe the girl just dosen't appreciate random blokes walking up and trying to hit on her, i've the opposite problem with women, they keep coming up and hitting on me....it's dam bloddy annoying:mad:

wanna tell me your secret my fellow monkey :) im blameing the way i dress :rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Dude some people are stuck up their own hole and some aren't. Forget about it and stay trying to talk to as many women as ya can!

Ya can move to America with me in three years if ya want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

UnReg2008 wrote: »

I was standing around in a Nightclub recently and there was an attractive girl standing on her own so i decided to strike up a conversation. Just as i started talking to her, she says "Oh F-Off"

This was fairly early in the night and i was fairly sober. Now i've had some nasty things said to me when approaching women in Clubs as have a lot of my mates but i don't understand why women behave like complete a-holes just because i guy trys to get talking to them.

None of my mates or me would ever say anything rude to a girl who started talking to us. I've never heard a mate turn around to a girl and say something like" eh, do you want something"

Its only Irish women that do it as well. Talking to polish girls etc is no problem. They are very down to earth and will chat away. Me and my mates have a laugh about it but it happens a lot and i'm definately not a sleazebag and don't understand womens reactions sometimes.

the usual retort to that is 'I wasn't wanting to hit on you, I'm gay, but I just wanted you to know that your backside looks big in that dress'

That should ruin her night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You should learn the difference between "women" and "a girl"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

hussey wrote: »
    You should learn the difference between "women" and "a girl"

FTMFW!!! That's one of my biggest pet peeves! I'm all out of thanks, but you deserve a thousand!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Manners cost nothing.

Moving to AH as this is not a PI.
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Manners cost nothing.

Moving to AH as this is not a PI.
    B

Alright!!

OP ... Yore Ma's attitude is <something derogatory> :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Bring out some female friends next time. Takes money to make money, as they say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

on a related topic

how do you get the Troggos and the Mongtards to go away ( especially th Mongs as you can see a Troggo before they aproach) without ,to a lesser extent Hurting their feelings (there is still no polite way totell someone yer not interested without hurtin their feelings) or more importantly not appearing to be shallow and self centred to any of the oher ladies in the area that are not Mongtarded Troggos?

advice please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Its only Irish women that do it as well. Talking to polish girls etc is no problem. They are very down to earth and will chat away.
    I believe this is an unfair sweeping generalisation about "Irish women." Each is a unique, individual person, with different personalities, attributes, and qualities. Could it be that because you think them all the same in terms of being difficult to approach, you may be acting upon this belief in such a way as to make yourself less attractive to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I am so glad that i got in a long term relationship in my late teens and stayed there.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

on a related topic

how do you get the Troggos and the Mongtards to go away ( especially th Mongs as you can see a Troggo before they aproach) without ,to a lesser extent Hurting their feelings (there is still no polite way totell someone yer not interested without hurtin their feelings) or more importantly not appearing to be shallow and self centred to any of the oher ladies in the area that are not Mongtarded Troggos?

advice please

Say you are gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Laugh loudly at them when they arrive and keep laughing till they leave. To any onlookers it'll look nice and friendly.

Or pass them onto your wingman. That's what he's there for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭capedcrustacian

as a girl, I'd never behave that way, it's just plain rude, and i would always assume when a guy tries to talk to me in a bar or club that he's either asking for directions or asking if my friend is single.

to me the op makes it sound like the girl was pretty full of herself, and if that was the case, he had a lucky escape!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

well,

i as a lady - tend to attract every odd-ball in any area i am in...

And, have to say sometimes i just want to be left alone...
    i've had it more than once or twice that someone lad is staring at me (thinking he's successfully giving me the eye but looks more like, somethings wrong with him) and despite the fact he can actually see how uncomfortable i am with even just him staring... he still decides to come over and start bothering me.

(i consider it bothering me when you can see im completely uncomfortable and still persist)

And, while generally i would be fairly polite, i have on occasion had to break it right down to a lad to p*ss off and stop buggin me (though i try to not be too rude)- and lord, when i say "i'm in a relationship" the abuse... :eek: (and i actually am in one!)
    "no your not - where is he..." blah blah...

Im thinking ":rolleyes: dude, i really aint gotta explain that i had him surgically removed a few days ago, and am enjoying a girls night out.. leave me alone..."

So, while i'm not saying you (OP) were bothering this girl, maybe she gets the same kinda thing as i just described.??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Forget her OP, do you really want to know someone like that anyway?

She may have been having a very bad day but still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

as a girl, I'd never behave that way, it's just plain rude, and i would always assume when a guy tries to talk to me in a bar or club that he's either asking for directions or asking if my friend is single.

to me the op makes it sound like the girl was pretty full of herself, and if that was the case, he had a lucky escape!!

+1

maybe she's just always like this , and just cause one or two girls do that to you , doesnt mean every irish girls is like that op, so meh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

She was just playing hard to get. Keep at it OP. Chin up head high.

Some of them get really dedicated too. Like this girl my friend fancies. She's changed her number, moved house and got a barring order against him. Now personally I think she's taking it a bit far but I know they'll make a lovely couple in the end. Plus it will make a great story to tell their children in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,124 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Tell her you didn't realise that it was 'that time of the month' and apologise.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Sherifu wrote: »
    Forget her OP, do you really want to know someone like that anyway?

No, don't be a quitter. Instead try stalking her in a twitching psycho killer way.

Teach her that the only circumstances in which it's appropriate to say Fuck Off is when it's said in a scared, snivelling, high pitched cry for mercy as you're smashing your way into the closet she's hiding in since she heard her front door being kicked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

The "in yer fookin dreams pal" response is not a standard trait of Irish women. I'm sick of hearing this 'Eastern European/Asian Girls are so much more approachable' crap. Go to Poland, and try your luck in a Polish nightclub and see how far you get!

The approachability thing is majorly affected by two factors:

1. Irish women are more accustomed to the typical drunken advances they get in an Irish club
    2. When you're in a foreign country, with little cultural context, you tend to be more approachable, as you are trying to make friends and establish yourself in a new country.

The fact is that some people are rude, and yes some of them are Irish women, but so are some Irish men etc etc ZZZzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Stick to the foreign ladies my friend. Like the Polish! Even if they aren't interested in you, you can still have a great laugh with them. I learned to avoid the bitches by not going to ****ty clubs, so it depends where you go too i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

I've said this to people before. I've travelled all over europe and the US and when i come home i notice how ignorant and stuck up "some" girls can be!

When my friends and i were away we would talk to everyone. I struggle to remember any time where someone wouldn't at least engage in a few seconds of pleasant conversation but then when you come home you go up to some fat bird (for a perfectly innocent conversation/question) who thinks she is the sh!t and that she is too good to be talking to you and that she is gods gift! well i say "back in your box you moonpig!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I believe this is an unfair sweeping generalisation about "Irish women." Each is a unique, individual person, with different personalities, attributes, and qualities. Could it be that because you think them all the same in terms of being difficult to approach, you may be acting upon this belief in such a way as to make yourself less attractive to them?

I don't think he meant all irish women, from the way I read the op, he meants its only irish women that do this, and from my experience he's right, I've only ever bein told to f*ck off by irish girls, Anytime i've ever tried to chat up a non national or a tourist or whatever, i get a conversation goin or at least a polite "sorry i'm not interested"... Thats not to say I don't chat up irish girls, I do, but i've found its only the irish girls (the odd one here and there) that will tell you to f*ck off straight away!! Rudeness FTL...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

No no. Your bitches.

Advertisement