Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Only saw bits and pieces of it, but most of what I saw was crap.
    I saw Rachel, and while the song didn't suit her voice, I got really pissed off with Simon saying the song was "cheap and rubbish". :mad:

With Every Heartbeat is a brilliant song, definitely one of my favourite songs of the last few years. Given the amount of crap his "artists" *snigger* doled out through the years, it's a bit rich for him to insult that song.

He's just taking any opportunity to discredit the competition, Walsh was doing it all night namely with Ruth and Rachel(and he got his karma in the end). Cowell and Walsh made their names on cheese so they always make themselves look comically idiotic when they make those kind of negative comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Agree about Laura(but harsh on her figure, only a female would make that comment:P)

look im not skinny- im a size 16 and i appriciate a curvy woman- but her gut was stickn out, my fella was watchn it with me n said "is she pregnant", he wasnt bein rude he was just askin, n weight means nothing to him i used to be a size 22 so i know that

With Every Heartbeat is a brilliant song, definitely one of my favourite songs of the last few years. Given the amount of crap his "artists" *snigger* doled out through the years, it's a bit rich for him to insult that song.

i like that tune- i think its the fact its a "dance" tune is what he ment, cos dance tunes dont have many words normally and i think thats what he ment

look im not skinny- im a size 16 and i appriciate a curvy woman- but her gut was stickn out, my fella was watchn it with me n said "is she pregnant", he wasnt bein rude he was just askin, n weight means nothing to him i used to be a size 22 so i know that

Oh okay, I just saw your sig, fair play to you! I can understand where you're coming from, I don't know why they chose such a tight outfit for Laura, Ruth's outfit perfectly complimented her and it wasn't tight(and if anyone hasn't noticed yet, I am pro-Lorenzo:D).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

He's just taking any opportunity to discredit the competition, Walsh was doing it all night namely with Ruth and Rachel(and he got his karma in the end). Cowell and Walsh made their names on cheese so they always make themselves look comically idiotic when they make those kind of negative comments.

Yeah, that's the one thing that really annoys me about X-Factor. Walsh and Cowell have this constant need to belittle each other. It's a bit pathetic, really.
    i like that tune- i think its the fact its a "dance" tune is what he ment, cos dance tunes dont have many words normally and i think thats what he ment
    Yeah, maybe that was it.

Still though, it pissed me off :mad: Hopefully Robyn's boyfriend (or ex, don't know if they're still together) was watching and will come and kick his ass - he's a cage fighter! :D (learned that from Never Mind The Buzzcoxks)

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's the one thing that really annoys me about X-Factor. Walsh and Cowell have this constant need to belittle each other. It's a bit pathetic, really.

Exactly, and it's even worse when they drag contestants into it. I thought Ruth gave one of the best performances of the night but Louis just insulted her to try and sway the public vote. What a wanker.

Oh okay, I just saw your sig, fair play to you! I can understand where you're coming from, I don't know why they chose such a tight outfit for Laura, Ruth's outfit perfectly complimented her and it wasn't tight(and if anyone hasn't noticed yet, I am pro-Lorenzo:D).

yay finally! someone who does not think im "just jealous"

She has a gorge figure(id love it myself) but they just figured the black would cover her gut, and it didnt!

I mean if she was goin on a session it wouldnt matter, but shes on live tv- ruth looked v well, she had some rack happening 2 night, even cowell copped ha ha!

yay finally! someone who does not think im "just jealous"

She has a gorge figure(id love it myself) but they just figured the black would cover her gut, and it didnt!

I mean if she was goin on a session it wouldnt matter, but shes on live tv- ruth looked v well, she had some rack happening 2 night, even cowell copped ha ha!

Oh I noticed!:D But seriously I genuinely think she can go far. I really think at the end of the day if you pick songs that suit someone then that's half the battle. It's probably why Leon won last year. I think taking every performance in tonight Diana and Alexandra were the best. Why? Because their songs beautifully meshed with their voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I didn't notice her gut hanging out. Who cares. It's a talent competition. I was listening to them singing. The guys are **** this year. Diana is my favourite and i hope she goes all the way. A lovely sweet yet unique and indie voice. Cheryl is right, there is something about her that is captivating and i hope she wins:D

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I didn't notice her gut hanging out. Who cares. It's a talent competition. I was listening to them singing. The guys are **** this year. Diana is my favourite and i hope she goes all the way. A lovely sweet yet unique and indie voice. Cheryl is right, there is something about her that is captivating and i hope she wins:D

QFT

I agree with you about Diana and as I was saying earlier it's crucial that Cheryl continues to pick the right songs for her to sing. A good indication that she will is that out of all the judges tonight, she had the highest success rate in terms of what songs she picked for her artists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I agree with you about Diana and as I was saying earlier it's crucial that Cheryl continues to pick the right songs for her to sing.

I agree and Cheryl should choose "Hallelujah" for next weeks show. She sang that before at some stage and i couldn't believe how great she sounded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Its Michael Jackson songs next week I think so that won't happen.

Can't argue with Bad Lashes going last night. Felt they were easily the weakest, and surprised the vote was a deadlock. Daniel and Scott were very average as well.

From last nights show, I reckon the one to beat now is Alexandra. And she is super hot as well :)

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ Its Michael Jackson songs next week I think so that won't happen.

Can't argue with Bad Lashes going last night. Felt they were easily the weakest, and surprised the vote was a deadlock. Daniel and Scott were very average as well.

From last nights show, I reckon the one to beat now is Alexandra. And she is super hot as well :)

Let me see if I can guess a few song choices

JLS-Beat It
    Ruth Lorenzo-You Are Not Alone
    Austin Drage-Billy Jean
    Rachel Hylton-Rock with You
    Scott Bruton-Smooth Criminal
    Daniel-Man on the Mirror
    Alexandra-Earth Song
    Diana-I just can't stop loving you
    Girl Band-Scream

I'd be pretty confident of the bolded choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I cant believe some people are dissing Laura over her performance last night..Definetaly one of the best, if not the best..You better GTFO if you dont like her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I'm glad Bad Lashes went over GirlBand. The latter group, while by no means the best on the show, were the better singers. Very surprised Scott got through. He was awful.

Alexandra has an amazing voice and it can't be too easy to sing a Whitney Houston song like that.

Loving Diana, her version of Hallelujah was amazing and I definitely hope she gets to sing it again at some point.

Rachel bugs the shít out of me. This attitude of "I deserve this" písses me off. The sob stories are ridiculous, particularly hers. Nobody forced you to take drugs and have five kids love.

The bickering between Louie and Simon is just boring at this stage. Louie is definitely the kiss of death for any group, he makes the worst song choices ever.

Hopefully see Alexandra and Diana in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Chinafoot wrote: »
    The sob stories are ridiculous, particularly hers. Nobody forced you to take drugs and have five kids love.
    How do you know her pimp didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

callaway92 wrote: »
    I cant believe some people are dissing Laura over her performance last night..Definetaly one of the best, if not the best..You better GTFO if you dont like her

You deaf??

she screamed through it

Diana is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Rachel bugs the shít out of me. This attitude of "I deserve this" písses me off. The sob stories are ridiculous, particularly hers. Nobody forced you to take drugs and have five kids love.
    +1,000,000 :D

Can't stand her either. Arrogant chav/scumbag who doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut (eg: during the Judge's comments after she sang).

Sooner she goes the better IMO.

On the plus side, glad Bad Lashes went out as they were just atrocious, although Girl Band were no better - what's annoying about them though is that the other group they beat last week (can't think of their name?) were far better singers.

Rachel is undoubtedly a hothead, but she is probably in the top 3 singers on the show. I don't think what she said was that arrogant last night, Minogue's choice of song was bewildering and all she said was that she wouldn't have picked it herself. Standing there not taking insults doesn't make her arrogant in my book. She was a bit overboard repeating "comments taken on board" but to her that was probably the polite way of responding instead of just standing there silently smiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I could see Diana singing Beyonce's new song..
    The Demo sounds almost identical to her...

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »

So if we disagree with you?????

I think she is easily the most over rated perosn this season, if not the most over rated for the last few years. I thought her song was awful, but for some reason the judges were swooning over it. That being said, they must see something in her, so will have to trust their judgement for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

I thought Laura was great on Saturday night, one of the best performers. I can't stand Austin (I think that's his name), Scott was rubbish but cried his way into next week's show. I don't think much of Diana at all, her accent when she sings is so affected and as for her arms - way too OTT. I'll be back to Strictly next week me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Some of the makeovers are terrible they look worse.

I'm glad Bad Lashes went, i think Girlband were better.

I dont Louis has a chance of winning this year i dont think a band will ever win.

Alexandra was the best on the night.

Rachel completely annoys me, yes she has a good voice but she is so arrogant and rude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Alexandra has an amazing voice and it can't be too easy to sing a Whitney Houston song like that.

Loving Diana, her version of Hallelujah was amazing and I definitely hope she gets to sing it again at some point.

Hopefully see Alexandra and Diana in the final.

Diana is amazing , and i agree her version of hallelujah was brilliant and im sure she will sing it again at some stage (heres hoping anyways)
    If she bought out a cd tomorrow i would buy it, love her voice.

But got to say , really dont like rachael or alexandra

and yes boooo to the sob stories

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I was there on Sat night...the biggest cheer by far from the studio audience was for JLS, followed by the ones for Eoghan and Laura.

Scotts performance got the quietest reaction...but I think everyone was just thinking "wtf" at the end of the song...However, once the tears started, the crowd really got behind him.

I think Laura and JLS will be in the final...

Where did you get tickets for that? I would like to go to it sometime, next year most likely.

mick_irl wrote: »
    I was there on Sat night...the biggest cheer by far from the studio audience was for JLS, followed by the ones for Eoghan and Laura.

Scotts performance got the quietest reaction...but I think everyone was just thinking "wtf" at the end of the song...However, once the tears started, the crowd really got behind him.

I think Laura and JLS will be in the final...

I do think he is by far the weakest contestant, but Cowell's choice of song nearly ****ed him over, just a surreal number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I can't decide whether I hate Scott or Rachel more. Scott's performance was easily the worst on the night, how could Simon have ever thought that song would work? His fake crying really p*ssed me off, I don't think he shed one single tear. Rachel is too cocky and while she was trying to hold back, telling the judges 'I'll take that on board...I really appreciate your comments', you know it's only a matter of time before she hears something she doesn't like and lets rip. Whoever dressed her should be shot, they were obviously trying to make her look respecable, but the suit just screamed of trying too hard. I didn't thoink she was great on the night, but I think the song choice was a bad one by Danni

I didn't like Ruth's perfromance, there as parts where I couldn't tell whether she was singing in Spanish or English. Daniel was forgettable, but I don't think he should have been there in the first place. I hated Laura singing Falling, I love that song and she murdered it. I don't get all the hype around Eoghan, is it because he's so young? He's ok but nothing special imo.

The bands this year are very weak, for what Bad Lashes did to Wonderwall they deserved to go, looks like their makeover went horribly wrong too. I can't see Girlband lasting much longer and JLS are pretty much meh.

I though Alexandra and Austin were good, but my favourite on the night was Diana. She probably overdone the hands thing a bit, but she sang beautifully and she's a really likeable person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I didn't like Ruth's perfromance, there as parts where I couldn't tell whether she was singing in Spanish or English.

I though Alexandra and Austin were good, but my favourite on the night was Diana. She probably overdone the hands thing a bit, but she sang beautifully and she's a really likeable person.

Yes i agree about Ruth i can never tell if she sings in English or Spanish. I dont think Simon took much interest in her singing but another of her assets :D

Diana reminded me of Kate Bush with the hand actions

All the makeovers are terrible

• Advertisement

What's so hard to understand.:confused: She sings the first few lines in Spanish and the rest is in English.:p But I don't like how Cowell is trying to encourage her to do more Spanish because it's going to end up as a lame gimmick.

If I had to put the top 3(for me anyway) on the night in order I'd say

1.Diana
    2.Alexandra
    3.Ruth

Advertisement