Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2008

Options
1919293949597»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

wouldn't it have been better in the long-run if Eoghan had won
    No, he'd end up being a HSM wannabe, which Simon doesnt need now as he has Same Difference

Look how drastically their opinions, or even just awareness of Eoghan changed when he didnt go through
    we already have Leona Lewis in the charts and Cowell is going to model Alexandra like Leona Lewis
    No, he'll market her the same way

Leona and Alex are 2 completely different artists, and I guarantee her album will be nothing like Leona's

Leona is a love-drunk soppy "voice of an angel" singer, whereas Alex is a little more edgy, and up-tempo. Leona is the new Mariah, and Alex will be the next Whitney/Tony Braxton

Besides, Leona has real competition now, so that'll keep her on her toes, in a good way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Can anyone please tell me when the next auditions are coming to Ireland for either X factor or any other singing competitions please? Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

dav nagle wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me when the next auditions are coming to Ireland for either X factor or any other singing competitions please? Thanks guys :)

Don't know where I heard it, but Dublin in April / May was mentioned. Apply here... http://application.xfactor.tv/

gscully wrote: »
    Don't know where I heard it, but Dublin in April / May was mentioned. Apply here... http://application.xfactor.tv/

Thanks a mill, I will bookmark that page for future reference. I am sure all the official dates will be posted with plenty of notice ? Where are the audition dates and locations usually posted? Must one apply to find out? Sorry I am a newbie when it comes to these things. Any general information would be great about how it works and that. Thanks :)

Thanks a mill, I will bookmark that page for future reference. I am sure all the official dates will be posted with plenty of notice ? Where are the audition dates and locations usually posted? Must one apply to find out? Sorry I am a newbie when it comes to these things. Any general information would be great about how it works and that. Thanks :)

I'm sure all the info you require will be posted on http://xfactor.itv.com when the time comes. I believe you will get a letter from the producer once you've applied for audition.

• Advertisement

I'm sure all the info you require will be posted on http://xfactor.itv.com when the time comes. I believe you will get a letter from the producer once you've applied for audition.

Are you applying for it this year?

Are you applying for it this year?

Jesus no! I don't even dare sing in the shower in case the water turns itself off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My sister applied for it last year and was called for the 2008 auditions in June. She had 3 callbacks within 2 weeks, and had to make her own way to London each time. Bear in mind, the travel costs, accomodation etc when you do apply, as it ended up being quite expensive to travel to the London auditions 3 times! Be prepared for hours (I mean literally all day...from 5am on!) of queuing and also, the producers you sing for dont give a toss about what you wear and you'll only get to sing for 10 - 15 seconds so give that your best shot.

Lets hope the auditions come to Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭DenMan

Nightwish wrote: »
    My sister applied for it last year and was called for the 2008 auditions in June. She had 3 callbacks within 2 weeks, and had to make her own way to London each time. Bear in mind, the travel costs, accomodation etc when you do apply, as it ended up being quite expensive to travel to the London auditions 3 times! Be prepared for hours (I mean literally all day...from 5am on!) of queuing and also, the producers you sing for dont give a toss about what you wear and you'll only get to sing for 10 - 15 seconds so give that your best shot.

Cool. I was in London for 6 weeks assigned to several production companies working on it in 2007. Very long days indeed for production crew, 4am till 11pm every day. You should ask her to put a demo together and contact any of your local production companies. We do work for the Cartoon Saloon in Kilkenny, but they are an animation studio. If she has the talent she should put something together. Bebo and youtube would be great exposure.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    Cool. I was in London for 6 weeks assigned to several production companies working on it in 2007. Very long days indeed for production crew, 4am till 11pm every day. You should ask her to put a demo together and contact any of your local production companies. We do work for the Cartoon Saloon in Kilkenny, but they are an animation studio. If she has the talent she should put something together. Bebo and youtube would be great exposure.

Yes and that is the purpose behind my new company 'PopStar Studios'. We want to become Irelands leading voice over backing track recording studios for X Factor singers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Former 'X Factor' star Diana Vickers was reportedly attacked while performing in a nightclub last weekend.
    According to The Sun, a man from the crowd rushed onto the stage as the 17-year-old was singing Take That's 'Patience'.
    The man reportedly "launched himself" at the singer and tried to grab her.
    Security then stepped in to pull Diana off stage and away from the brawl.
    An onlooker said: "Diana was completely in shock and nobody deserves this while simply trying to entertain."

"After taking a five minute break she returned and finished her set which was amazing."

maybe he was after the hand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

JP Liz wrote: »
    maybe he was after the hand :D

Just saw that on msn JP Liz.

Sensationalism strikes again. The guy hopped on stage to get a quick photo with Diana. Harmless enough.
    It was the big burly bouncers that scattered her, poor thing. The size of them and the wee size of her! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

X Factor runners up JLS have signed a recording deal with Epic, it was announced today.

The band, featuring vocalists Aston, JB, Marvin and Ortise, came close to being the first group to win the show, but they were beaten by Alexandra Burke.

Formed in 2007, the band, who already have a legion of fans, were hailed by X Factor judge Simon Cowell as “brilliant”.

Nick Raphael, managing director of record label Epic. said: “JLS are the best boy band to emerge from a TV talent show.

“The band already have an incredible fan base, and I look forward to launching their recording career”

Epic already have Lemar, Scouting for Girls and Shakira on their books.

i'm glad for them - just keep Louis away from them

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Who won X Factor again?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Without doubt, one of the lamest shows to ever air.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

JP Liz, please give credit for the story you are copying and pasting from another site. Always provide a link to the original story.

For what its worth, a quick google says this story is everywhere at this stage, so it must be true.

http://www.google.ie/search?q=%22X+Factor+runners+up+JLS+have+signed+a+recording+deal+with+Epic%2C+it+was+announced+today.%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

March!!!

I am sooo there!

Contemplating on turning up with backcombed hair, skin coloured lipstick and a naff hankerchief outfit and posing as the ooorish Diana and singing something with alot of orrrrs in it.

That HAS to work!!!

Contemplating on turning up with backcombed hair, skin coloured lipstick and a naff hankerchief outfit and posing as the ooorish Diana and singing something with alot of orrrrs in it.

That HAS to work!!!

No!

It has to be forced uniqueness that comes across as natural!!

Are the rumors true? Is X factor coming to Dublin in March or April? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Are the rumors true? Is X factor coming to Dublin in March or April? :cool:

Yep! X Factor Live in The O2, Dublin on the 17th of March! I've got tickets! :D You'd want to be really quick if you want some, I'd say...;)

Yep! X Factor Live in The O2, Dublin on the 17th of March! I've got tickets! :D You'd want to be really quick if you want some, I'd say...;)

cool :)
    Where to get tickets??

cool :)
    Where to get tickets??

I just got mine at Ticketmaster...
    I got mine in November or so, so I'd be surprised if there's tickets left! Good luck! :D

I just got mine at Ticketmaster...
    I got mine in November or so, so I'd be surprised if there's tickets left! Good luck! :D

Oh so this isn't the X factor auditions! Sorry I am a newbie!:o

Oh so this isn't the X factor auditions! Sorry I am a newbie!:o

Oh sorry, I haven't any idea what the story is with the auditions! I'm talking about seeing last years rejects! :p

Oh sorry, I haven't any idea what the story is with the auditions! I'm talking about seeing last years rejects! :p

rejects! Hilarious!!!

Well atleast you take it with a pinch of salt! Hilarious!:D

the 19th, not Paddy's Day!! :P

Advertisement