Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

next saturday last of audition week then its boot camp

I really think Danni is on the way out she not at all of the auditions even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

JP Liz wrote: »
    next saturday last of audition week then its boot camp

I really think Danni is on the way out she not at all of the auditions even
    Shes to busy getting plastic surgery,look at her face not a line on it ans its looks so shiny

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Can they not have just one contestant who's a good singer, goes on to win and says "I did this all for myself. For the money and the fame."

Totally agree, i haven't watched the auditions at all this year cos all this sob story stuff gets so boring.
    You should get through on your talent, not becuase of emotional blackmail

Britney Spears is set to appear on the latest series of The X Factor, according to newspaper reports.
    But no, she hasn't fallen so far that she has to audition for a place in front of Simon and co - instead she is expected to make an appearance on the show in December to promote her new album.
    The X Factor slot will mark Britney's first visit to the UK in four years and will see her perform her new single Womanizer.
    Since last appearing in the UK, Britney has been divorced, married, divorced again, had two kids, been involved in a custody battle for the kids and shaved her head. Phew.
    Her last high-profile music appearance was at last year's MTV music awards which was widely criticized due to her sloppy dancing and out of time lip-syncing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Damn, some girl just on who said she lost 18 and a half stone in 2 years, I didn't think that was possible in such a short yime span.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thought it was complete crap myself.. didn't she say she had no surgery? She would have shown signs of excess skin on arms (etc.).. Call me a cynic!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Damn, some girl just on who said she lost 18 and a half stone in 2 years, I didn't think that was possible in such a short yime span.:eek:

But she had pictures of a really really really fat girl that looked nothing like the girl at the audition and a more recent photo that was most definitely her, so it is obvious that she did lose all that weight...

...Unless she just found a photo of a fat girl, claimed it was her self and is a somewhat convincing liar.

But she had pictures of a really really really fat girl that looked nothing like the girl at the audition and a more recent photo that was most definitely her, so it is obvious that she did lose all that weight...

...Unless she just found a photo of a fat girl, claimed it was her self and is a somewhat convincing liar.

Now that would be pure idiocy and naivety on the auditionee's part. The rags would have the exlusive by Monday.:pac:
    Originally posted by basquille
    Thought it was complete crap myself.. didn't she say she had no surgery? She would have shown signs of excess skin on arms (etc.).. Call me a cynic!

Yep she said she had no surgery. Well, fair play to her but as I said above, if she's lying, it won't take the rags long to break the story.

On a side note, I know that it "adds" to the whole feeling of the show, but all these sob stories are starting to wear thin on me. It's a sad thing to say but it's gotten to the stage that I think that each contestant who use's these sob stories are well aware that it will enchance their chances in the show. Now that's cynical.:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I found there were less sob stories this year than usual. Apparently Simon Cowell said to tone it down a little. A lot of the X Factor is very contrived but I doubt there's any actors on it pretending to be auditionees- surely the papers would have that sussed.

Was there any Irish auditions at all?

• Advertisement

Was there any Irish auditions at all?

I'm not sure. There were a good few Irish over in the Scotland auditions I read somwhere so I don't think there were audiions here.

Nope, no Irish auditions this year AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

FUNNIEST AUDITION OF 2008! id have to give it to the pair of fellas, one was singing the other was doing the voice like shaggy...... 'ant and seb'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkKaTeWI3KM

GORGEOUS Dannii Minogue is spicing up the X Factor by bringing in Emma Bunton as her judging sidekick.

The Aussie told TV Biz that Baby Spice, 32, has been a godsend when it comes to deciding which wannabes to put through.

Dannii, 36, who is putting the over-25 hopefuls through their paces at her rented pad in the ritzy French resort of St Tropez, said: “She’s been brilliant — one of the best X Factor guest judges ever.

"She really helped me focus on who we should be putting through to the next round.”

The beauty added: “Emma is one of the biggest X Factor fans so she knows the show inside out.”

Each of the ITV1 hit’s four judges is allowed to pick a trusty aide to help them weed out weaker contestants during singing boot camps at the stars’ homes.

And Dannii revealed that she is finding the process heart-breaking.

She admitted: “It’s so hard deciding who to put through and who to send home because it means the world to these people.

“You’re sitting there and you’re in charge of these kids’ hopes and dreams.”

Meanwhile just up the French Riviera’s coast, in Cannes, Cheryl Cole, 25, has turned to Girls Aloud bandmate Kimberley Walsh, 26, to pick the best of the girls’ category.

Fellow judge Louis Walsh, 56, has picked Westlife singer Shane Filan, 29, as his helper.

The singer has flown out to Louis’ Irish home to give his advice on the shortlist.

And Simon Cowell, 48, has regular sidekick Sinitta, 41, to help him whittle down the lads’ category at his home in Barbados.

Dannii revealed her Baby signing as Britney Spears, 26, put pen to paper to perform on the show — just as The Sun predicted.

Simon Cowell said: “We’re absolutely thrilled to have her.

“Everyone wants to work with her because she’s a star. She’s the number one booking in the world at the moment for a show.”

Television’s Mr Nasty added: “The fact that she goes a bit crazy occasionally makes her more interesting. And if she wants to shave her head before she comes on the show, she’s welcome to. I don’t care.”

Britney is just one of a star-studded line-up set for guest performances on the talent quest.

Leona Lewis, 23, will return to the show which made her name when she won the series in 2006.

Last year’s winner Leon Jackson, 19, is also coming back to showcase his new single.

And Girls Aloud are rumoured to be making an appearance.

Meanwhile, Dannii has said she wants Michael Jackson, 50, to join them, alongside Cher, 62, and

Jennifer Aniston’s ex, US blues singer John Mayer, 30

So Cheryl has Girls Category, Simon Boys Category, Louis has bands and Danni over 25s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

So Cheryl has Girls Category, Simon Boys Category, Louis has bands and Danni over 25s

I could have sworn Cheryl had the bands, but am probably wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

FUNNIEST AUDITION OF 2008! id have to give it to the pair of fellas, one was singing the other was doing the voice like shaggy...... 'ant and seb'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkKaTeWI3KM

HA HA, you can never get tired of watching that. What a pair of tools. Easily the best audition in the show, I reckon they should sing in the next Eurovision.

Oh well, auditions are over, time to stop watching X-Factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

On the contrary, Its only getting good now. Some of the categories are very hard to call, especially the girls. The bands are all awful barring the JLS fellas. They are quite good.

My early prediction for winner is Austin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

The final 12 were leaked but I cant seem to locate who they are.

Anyone know ??

Now we just want to let you know that this list of X Factor finalists is NOT OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED, but there have been many predictions on forums all over the UK by those claiming to be ‘in the know’. I bet that at least some of them are right!
    Is there anyone you think should be there or anyone in the final twelve that you don’t like? As always let us know in the comments box below.
    Anyone who doesn’t want to know who will be on the X Factor live shows stop reading now

Cheryl Cole - Girls 14-24
    * Diana Vickers
    * Alexandra Burke
    * Laura White
    Simon Cowell - Boys 14-24
    * Scott Bruton
    * Eoghan Quigg
    * Austin Drage
    Dannii Minogue - Over 25s
    * Rachel Hylton
    * Danny Evans
    * Suzie Furlonger
    Louis Walsh - Groups
    * Bad Lashes
    * GirlBand
    * JLS

Now we just want to let you know that this list of X Factor finalists is NOT OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED, but there have been many predictions on forums all over the UK by those claiming to be ‘in the know’. I bet that at least some of them are right!
    Is there anyone you think should be there or anyone in the final twelve that you don’t like? As always let us know in the comments box below.
    Anyone who doesn’t want to know who will be on the X Factor live shows stop reading now

Cheryl Cole - Girls 14-24
    * Diana Vickers
    * Alexandra Burke
    * Laura White
    Simon Cowell - Boys 14-24
    * Scott Bruton
    * Eoghan Quigg
    * Austin Drage
    Dannii Minogue - Over 25s
    * Rachel Hylton
    * Danny Evans
    * Suzie Furlonger
    Louis Walsh - Groups
    * Bad Lashes
    * GirlBand
    * JLS

Yeah..that sounds about right. I'm going to take a punt and say Diana Vickers or Eoghan Quigg will win. I feel that though Laura White is very good, she is slightly overrated and her bootcamp performances were poor. I honestly couldn't understand a word of one of the songs she was singing.

I'd like to think Rachel Hylton has a real genuine shot, but I can't help but be suspicious that they are setting her up for a fall. They are concentrating on her "attitude problem" so they can produce perfect car crash tv.

The groups again are awful and again another act that is overrated with JLS. They haven't got the strength in their voice to be powerful or smooth, a poor man's BoyzIIMen and Motown act. They'll go the same way as Eton Road, lured into a false sense of security by Walsh to be eventually discarded once the hype subsides(I'm embarassed that I remember that name).

Just my 2 cents.:p

• Advertisement

Suzie Furlonger was in the band the 411 is it fair she gets a second chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I dont think its fair that people who had a recording contract should be on the show as they have an advantage on all the other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

basquille wrote: »

They showed her leaving the boot camp and it was quite obvious that she had alot of excess skin on her arms.....Fair play to her. She should be proud

Suzie Furlonger was in the band the 411 is it fair she gets a second chance

Laura White has been in a recording studio before. Leona Lewis had a similar situation too. So there's no reason why Furlonger shouldn't be allowed another go. She's got such a great raw talent that if moulded correctly she can be big.

Simon Cowell is said to be 'furious' after the names of the final 12 X Factor acts were leaked on the internet.

Show producers had hoped to keep the identities of the finalists under wraps until they were officially announced on the ITV1 talent series next weekend.

However, an unofficial fan site for Rachel Hylton, who wowed the judges in her original audition, correctly named all of the contestants earlier this week. The site's owners were later forced to remove the information after the X Factor legal team intervened.

"Simon Cowell was furious because he knows one of the biggest shows of the series is the 'reveal' of finalists," an insider told the Daily Record. "He doesn't want anyone to ruin it."

An X Factor spokesman said: "Rachel was not aware of the site and she was not involved."

Viewers will see the four judges starting to whittle down the final 150 acts in tonight's first Boot Camp episode, which airs at 7.45pm.

He cant do nothing now

I've gotta say that I'm a bit disappointed that the blonde girl, who's mother died and who sang There You'll be in her first audition hasn't made the final cut. Diana Vickers deserves her place, but White and Burke were both a toss up really. I don't think either bring anything special to the table. I still think it's ridiculous how White has made the cut basically on her first audition (she was disappointing in Boot Camp).

Wonderwall by Ryan Adams...for shame Bad Lashes.:rolleyes:

Christ.. this stage is boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

God, this is dire. Just saw bits of it - endless sob stories and everyone seems to be constantly in tears. Is there some guy peeling onions under people's eyes or spraying tear gas around? Why is everyone so limp these days? Get a grip, it's only a shagging singing competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Where was Louis's castle stuff shot?

Advertisement