Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

castle leslie in monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Well it seems that some of the leaked results are wrong so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

have i missed cheryls group.. or has she yet to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Final 12 (for real, this time...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

janeybabe wrote: »
    Well it seems that some of the leaked results are wrong so far.

From what JP Liz posted it looks like only one was wrong, Lorenzo made it(rightfully so!:D) instead of Furlonger.

On a seperate note, so Cowell told contestants this year to tone down the sob stories eh?:rolleyes::D Every single act was balling on Saturday AND Sunday, and I'm not talking about when they found out their fate. Main offenders were Austin Drage (to the point where he is looking like he can't handle the pressure of the live shows) and one of the girl bands for blatant crocodile tears, I think it was Girl Band.:pac:

I'd say Diana Vickers and Ruth Lorenzo are dark horses.

Either Scott Bruton or Girl Band to be first one out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

My favourites to win;

Eoghan,
    Diana,
    Bad Lashes,
    Daniel.

The rest of them, I could take them or leave them.
    Was dissappointed Amy didn't get in, but was happy with the decisions in each of the other categories.
    I'd agree that Scott or Girl Band will probably be the first out.

My favourites to win;

Eoghan,
    Diana,
    Bad Lashes,
    Daniel.

The rest of them, I could take them or leave them.
    Was dissappointed Amy didn't get in, but was happy with the decisions in each of the other categories.
    I'd agree that Scott or Girl Band will probably be the first out.

Definitely being touted as a favourite by many. He's been competent and composed so far too which gives him an advantage over the likes of Austin and Rachel.

Laura White is someone who is also touted as a winner but I'll reserved judgement for now as I wasn't impressed with her bootcamp performances in the context of how much hype there is around her.

If Daniel wins I'd be surprised....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Don't really get Eoghan ... he's nothing special in my opinion ...

Diana would definately be my favourite .. Just hope they don't 'ruin' her. She's very unique, even down to her style, but from the clips they were showing of her last night, to be used for the live shows.. they've already straigtened her hair etc. Hopefully they don't spoil that bit of difference she has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

what kind of name is 'girl band' anyway... it just seems so unimaginative. really bugs me!

its like calling your dog.. 'dog'.

Don't really get Eoghan ... he's nothing special in my opinion ...

Diana would definately be my favourite .. Just hope they don't 'ruin' her. She's very unique, even down to her style, but from the clips they were showing of her last night, to be used for the live shows.. they've already straigtened her hair etc. Hopefully they don't spoil that bit of difference she has.

You just reminded me of that.:D Her style is very much part of the package that makes her very endearing. I'd be worried too that they are trying to mould her into the typical mainstream look.

And I found it comical what they did to Drage's hair, it gave off an emo vibe.:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Sorry some of my info was wrong

I really hope Rachel gets eliminated first she was terrible

Daniel or Eoghan to win

Louis Walsh has predicted that Dannii Minogue will be axed from X Factor to make way for the return of Sharon Osbourne.

Osbourne quit the ITV1 talent series in June after making salary demands which were later described as "unreasonable" by executive producer Richard Holloway. She was replaced by Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole.

Walsh has now told the Daily Star Sunday that he expects Sharon to "come back next year".

He added: "And obviously Dannii would be the one to go - having Sharon and Cheryl on the show together is too good an opportunity to miss. The thing about Sharon is she can't be controlled. At the moment Simon [Cowell] has three judges, who, let's face it, he controls. With Sharon we never knew what she was going to do next - she was so unpredictable."

Minogue was the most successful mentor on last year's series, with the final two contestants - Leon Jackson and Rhydian Roberts - both coming from her category.

However, Walsh warned: "She hasn't a hope in hell of winning this series and I think she's going to continue to have a rough time of it."

I hope Rachel Hylton goes first
    The 12 acts to make it through to this year's X Factor live finals have been revealed.

Simon Cowell's 'Boys' category will consist of Scott Bruton, a 19-year-old Pontins bluecoat who gave up his job for a shot at the contest; Eoghan Quigg, the youngest in the group at 15; and Austin Drage, a 21-year-old from Essex.

Alan Turner, who caused controversy with his backstory during the auditions, lost out at the Judges' Houses stage, along with Mali-Michael McCalla and Liam Payne.

From the six in the 'Girls' category, Cheryl Cole picked Diana Vickers, 17, Laura White, 20, and Alexandra Burke, also 20. Burke lost out at the Boot Camp stage in 2005, while White, who first auditioned while ill, has already been called "the one to beat" by Simon Cowell. Hannah Bradbeer, Anastacia Baker and Amy Connelly failed to make the cut.

Louis Walsh presided over the 'Groups' category in Ireland and opted for Bad Lashes, GirlBand and JLS as his acts. The mentor, who was helped by Shane Filan during the process, sent home Desire, 4 Instinct and Priority.

Finally, Dannii Minogue picked single mum Rachel Hylton, 26, Spanish-born 25-year-old Ruth Lorenzo and Danny Evans, 38, a single dad who entered the competition after the death of his wife, as her representatives from the 'Over-25s' category. Suzie Furlong, James Williams and Louise Heatly did not make it through to the next stage of the ITV1 contest.

The 12 finalists will battle it out in the first live show next Saturday.

No worries JPL only one mistake, Lorenzo instead of Furlonger, no big deal!

I have to disagree though about Hylton, she's probably in the Top 5 acts on the show (though I do think they are setting her up for a fall with the focus on her attitude).

And Louis being a tool as usual. HE has no hope in hell of winning, the groups are meh, with maybe one act that can be classed as dark horses. I think if moulded correctly all of Minogue's acts have a chance of getting far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

HA

Louis thinks he has a better chance than Danni, wtf??

Danni has Rachel, one of the top singers

IMO, Rachel & Alexandra are the best vocally

then Dianas good, but quirky comes with a price, its too specific

and still dont know why theres a big deal over Laura

Roll on saturday!

With their first live show just around the corner music is not the only thing on the minds of the finalists in this season's X Factor. All 12 lucky hopefuls went along to a London clinic this week for facials and to have their teeth whitened, ensuring it's not only their talent that sparkles when they step out onto the TV stage.

The man behind the cosmetic makeovers is music mogul Simon Cowell. Following a precedent he set last year when he sent some of his acts to get their teeth laser whitened, the 48-year-old dispatched all of this season's finalists to a dental beauticians in Primrose Hill.
    "Simon wants the acts to look their best once the live stages start," a source revealed. "He is convinced they will all look better with perfectly white teeth."

Yes all they need is really white teeth :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

i bet 1 out of these 3 will win

Diana
    Austin
    Alexandra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

anyone notice at the end when they did the makeovers how not like their original selfs they actually looked?

this is why we should never ever use someones looks in the movies as the image of perfection. i can just imagine the works that goes into them to make sure they look in perfect nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Am I only one who doesnt see what they're seeing in Laura???

she's all over the shop!

I like Diana, but shes a bit of a teeny bopper, and a tad too quirky

Hope Alexandra wins

Dont think Rachel will end up winning, but defo hope she gets a break from being on the show

not sure about the lads, although the N Irish guy is great

Fvck the bands :P

unreggd wrote: »

she's all over the shop!

Hope Alexandra wins

Dont think Rachel will end up winning, but defo hope she gets a break from being on the show

Nope, I agree. The hype does not match the performances and she was disappointing at boot camp. When she sang back to black I could not understand a word of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Agreed, nothing special about her at all. Tried to do the "Amy Winehouse" voice far too much.

I still reckon Austin to win if he can hold his nerves together. This Saturday will tell alot.

Bottom 2 to be Scott and one of the girl bands.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ Agreed, nothing special about her at all. Tried to do the "Amy Winehouse" voice far too much.

I still reckon Austin to win if he can hold his nerves together. This Saturday will tell alot.

Bottom 2 to be Scott and one of the girl bands.

Yep, for the 1st week I'm not looking past Scott or Girl Band as favourites for the chop.

And you hit the nail on the head with Austin, if he can keep it together then he will be a contender.

X Factor finalists Austin Drage and Scott Bruton were pulled apart after brawling with each other in front of fellow contestants.

The pair, who are both in Simon Cowell’s 16 to 24-year-old males section, were involved in the fracas after trading insults.

Cowell, who is 49 today, has now intervened amid fears the pair’s rivalry could explode again.

A show insider said last night: “It is no secret that Austin and Scott have hated each other from the start.

“They’re both lovely guys, but when they’re in the same room there is an obvious clash of personalities.”

The pair squared up while working in a rehearsal studio in London with the other finalists.

The source added: “An argument started between them and in a flash they had grabbed hold of each other’s shirts and were pushing and shoving.

“It looked like they were about to throw punches but others were on hand to break them up.

“They then had to be held back from trying to hit each other.

“Although they’d had several verbal arguments before that, no-one had expected it to turn violent.”

It is not known if Cowell saw the incident, but he discussed it with producers and fellow judges Louis Walsh, 56, Cheryl Cole, 25, and Dannii Minogue, 36.

The insider added: “Simon may be the boss, but the other judges are desperate to win and won’t let his boys disrupt their preparations for the all-important live shows.

“It’s especially difficult, though, for Eoghan Quigg. He is only 16 and a long way from home and now he has to contend with these two older boys in his group exchanging killer looks with each other all day.

“You can cut the atmosphere with a knife and it’s detracting from the real reason they are here in the first place – the music.”

It is thought the rivalry of Essex boy Austin, 21, and Mancunian Scott, 19, stems from Austin’s friendship with Cheryl from his time supporting Girls Aloud with his old band 5boyz.

Some contestants were fuming at the revelation, claiming Austin had an advantage.

A spokesman for The X Factor said: “Austin and Scott might not be the best of friends but they’re sharing a room in the house and getting on well enough at the moment.”

Meanwhile, Cheryl invited her three girl finalists round for dinner at her pad, though husband Ashley, 27, was nowhere in sight.

Alexandra Burke, 20, Diana Vickers and Laura White, both 17, could not believe their luck.

A insider said: “They got all giggly like schoolkids as they thought Ashley might be there and they fancy him. But when they arrived Cheryl told them: ‘It’s girls only tonight’.”

fighting already :rolleyes:

JP Liz wrote: »
    fighting already :rolleyes:

Ha ha, who knew the man boy had it in him!:D But I'd back him in a fight over Scott any day, there is just an aura of wanker about that chap.:pac:

Early thoughts;
    • Scott and Daniel to be in last two. What was Cowell thinking with that song, and how did Dannii think Daniel was going to get by on his personal tragedy?
    • JLS were ****, so were GirlBand.
    • Best performance so far belongs to Alexandra.
    • Minougue messed up with her so choice for Rachel, totally randon(albeit Rachel did perform it well).

EDIT
    • Bad Lashes were meh, what's with the 80's tunes Louis?
    • Imagine was the wrong song for Eoghan.
    • Ruth did the best she could with the song she was given but she should still sail through, as Cowell said she just oozes charisma. And I lol'd at Louis, after his performances he can't cast stones. He's lucky that Cowell shot himself in the foot with Scott, just as Dannii did with Daniel.
    • I must have missed something because I thought Laura just shouted through most of a song where I couldn't hear half the words. Again she was good, but the performance was over hyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Anyone else annoyed you can't vote from Ireland this year? I tend not to vote until nearer the end, but I still am very annoyed:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

What?
    What?
    How could Bad Lashes be the first knocked out?
    Why the f**k did Louis not just vote off Girl Band and disaster could have been avoided!

That attempt by Walsh to seem like the good guy totally backfired as I'm pretty sure Bad Lashes had the bigger potential, and Walsh knows that (he basically just admitted it there too).

I don't think either band were the worst on the night(that award goes to Daniel and Scott) but the song choices by Walsh cost them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

unreggd wrote: »

Laura is crap- sorry but its like that Rowetta one http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/134/134570_x_factor_rowettas_rise_from_feud_to_fame.html she could noT sing, just cos she had a husky voice she was "apparantly" great , and sorry im no aneroxic girl but that dress was STUCK to her and she had SOME GUT (sorry but not something plesent to see, n i know looks shouldnt matter but it does in that industry....and no im not jealous!)

Diana is the winner- she sang the song fab her voice is amazin, some parts she sounds like she is purring- bloody amazing!Lovn the indie image too!

I dont think rachel will win but she is fab

Scotts a twit- i cant stand him, n after his ex sayin he dumped her after a miscarriage i hate him more

Eoighn is grand, he did the song well, n i hate that song but i liked what he did with it !

JLS WERE FAB!!!!!!!!!

Laura is crap- sorry but its like that Rowetta one http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/134/134570_x_factor_rowettas_rise_from_feud_to_fame.html she could noT sing, just cos she had a husky voice she was "apparantly" great , and sorry im no aneroxic girl but that dress was STUCK to her and she had SOME GUT (sorry but not something plesent to see, n i know looks shouldnt matter but it does in that industry....and no im not jealous!)

Diana is the winner- she sang the song fab her voice is amazin, some parts she sounds like she is purring- bloody amazing!Lovn the indie image too!

I dont think rachel will win but she is fab

Scotts a twit- i cant stand him, n after his ex sayin he dumped her after a miscarriage i hate him more

Eoighn is grand, he did the song well, n i hate that song but i liked what he did with it !

JLS WERE FAB!!!!!!!!!

Agree about Laura(but harsh on her figure, only a female would make that comment:P) and Diana. I doubt that Rachel will win too though she will come close. Didn't like Eoghan's performance, I think it was a bad song choice.

JLS are ****.:P Walsh are trying to represent them as Motown but there is no soul and maturity in their voices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Only saw bits and pieces of it, but most of what I saw was crap.
    I saw Rachel, and while the song didn't suit her voice, I got really pissed off with Simon saying the song was "cheap and rubbish". :mad:

With Every Heartbeat is a brilliant song, definitely one of my favourite songs of the last few years. Given the amount of crap his "artists" *snigger* doled out through the years, it's a bit rich for him to insult that song.

Advertisement