Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

well done,at least you are def getting an interview,the rest of us might not even get called.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

are all the jobs in dublin or are some of them around the country, Ive being told by a good source that there will be people posted around the country because there are to many recruits in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Electrician

Hey all. Just got my results. I placed in the 20's. Can't believe i done so well. Congrats to all who passed. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long to get throught the process. In the last competition they called 2000 for interview so everyone has a good chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

tod1577 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Got result today of tests,I see one of you got 296,I also got 296,just wondering would there have being a mistake or is there different groups.
    yea i got 296 !

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

HI,
    Just because they are calling the first 60 for interview doesn't mean that all 60 will be successful in the next round,their might only be 20 worth keeping..
    I got 121, over the moon with it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Smilingpanda

Im delighted I managed to get the magic 60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭NDM

hmmmm i wonder who got number 1???

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

got myself in 140's,
    pleased but not over the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 29 salut

looks like everyone is doing well, got my results today 402.Does anybody know the pass mark?I really knew i would be struggling to pass that exam.iI have to say i thought ifailed,but there you go .Iguess i have a long wait ahead of me.Merry christmas to all .

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

hey,good to see so many high results in already,got my result of 148 today,it's ok but thought I would have done better,now for the long long wait for the next stage of the recruiting process to begin...could be anything up to twelve months. A fella in my job did his appitude test in April '07 for last years recruiting campaign and only got word of his interview for Nov of this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Got 349. Not too happy with it but sure what can ya do. A mate of mine got 568. Can't imagine them taking on more than 40 recruits,not that many prisons in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SETANTA05

Got my results today as well, placed in the 40's so well happy.:D
    when i came out of the exam i wasnt sure how good or bad i did but im pleased now.
    now to start preparing for the interview.
    from what im lead to believe it can be pretty tough but i guess they want to see how you react to stress, confrontation and intimadation, so i need to prepare for that.

congrats to all who passed and hopefully there isnt too long of a wait for the call up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bobby3

I knew i messed up never prepared came 850 so looks doomed for me!:mad:

it was 830 actually shoulnt be putting myself down! Well done to everyone who came in top 60 !:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

My clever husband got in the 30's :) and he was convinced he'd messed up as he didn't finish a few questions. We are both wondering who is number 1? Best of luck to all left in the running and commiserations to the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Hi all, got results today, came 663, wasnt great but im still overall very happy, well done done to those who done so well, and for those who did'nt get well placed, the test is only the 1st stage the hardest is the interview and many wont pass that( altho i wish everyone well) thats the truth and they will the work thru the panel, id say anyone in the first 1000 will be called for sure, as ive said before anything upto 800 serving officers could retire in the next 6 months, leaving many postions up for grabs.

well done to all

Well done all. Does anyone have an idea when the application forms will become available?

I am not holding out much hope! I probably should have done a prep course before!I would like to know how many exactly sat the exam i think i was near the back end of the results!!
    :confused:

oh and i dont know when the application forms are sent I dont think i will have to worry bout that!

Hey bobby3. I contacted public jobs a couple of weeks ago and the lady said that 3345 people applied. I'd say you'd be looking at around 3000 who actually turned up for the exam. Going by the amount they interviewed from the last competition i'd say / hope everyone has a good chance of been called.

• Advertisement

Cheers sparky! Realistically coming 830 anything positive from here on will be a bonus. Hope you prove successful !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭NDM

Hey bobby dont sweat it man, if 2000 were called for interview last time im sure everyone is in with a shout...

and ive also heard the interview is a mu##afu##a!!so i know for defo alot of people wont pass it...im worried about it myself to be honest if /when i get called...im prepared for a wait though if their only calling first 60 in Feb...

i forget who it was but someone on this thread i think said depending on where you came you could be waiting anything up to 2/3 years...now i take things i read on forums with a pinch of salt so feck it whatever happens happens ya know!!!could be that long, might not be that long, who knows...go with it!!

keep the head up!!:D

anyone who knows anyone who did a past interview?? how tough is it? i know its early days but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SETANTA05

anyone who knows anyone who did a past interview?? how tough is it? i know its early days but...

it makes sense that the interview would be tough as they want to see how you would react to pressure, stress and possibly even intimadation.
    i guess they want to see people who can keep a level head and not get angry, flustered or arguementative.
    my 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gb88

Finished in the 100's Thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Hi,
    I've heard from mate who is a PO and he said that there is a very big drive on going and that with all the retirments and the increase in staff and also the increase in prison places, their will possibly be another campaign happening in 2009, SO to those who didn't do all that well,keep the head it will come around again.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭360ts

Hey all, glad to see such an active thread on this. I got a 6! Very surprised and pleased with myself. I thought I got at least 2 questions wrong in the test so I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

Just saw in someones post that more than one person got the same place. Are the places given out according to the centre? Do they call the top 60 from each centre or what? Did the test in Cork myself btw.

360ts wrote: »
    Hey all, glad to see such an active thread on this. I got a 6! Very surprised and pleased with myself. I thought I got at least 2 questions wrong in the test so I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

Just saw in someones post that more than one person got the same place. Are the places given out according to the centre? Do they call the top 60 from each centre or what? Did the test in Cork myself btw.

do you have photographic memory or what!!? thats unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭360ts

No nothing like it. It was in the visual part that I'm pretty sure I got two questions wrong. I was fairly confident that I had nailed the procedure part though. Maybe the procedure part is more heavily weighted than the visual? Who knows......

Pretty happy, but I'd say the differences between everybody in the top 300 are slim (if the figure of 3000+ applicants is accurate). Anyway it doesn't matter what I got in the test if I can't interview well. And hopefully there won't be cutbacks in this area of the public service.

Anyone been interviewed for this or the guards before? Anyone know what it's like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

360ts wrote: »

The results will be nationwide. However , there might be more than one person with the same score so they would be the same number on the panel .

Advertisement