Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 - €179 [Dunnes Stores]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

went into town then to pick up GTA IV, Bad Company & The Orange Box, but the difference between online prices & retail prices was unbelievable, i quickly left to return to the laptop,l GTA is E65-70 in store on Amazon with P&P its still only E55.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-15-GTA-70-2hcw.html

Bargain price for GTA IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Placebo wrote: »
    if anyones picking up one, could they be really nice and pick one up for me?
    will pay 200 in total, i know its not much it would be SUPER NICE of you.
    courtesy for a fellow boardsie :)

just puttin this out there;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

just puttin this out there;)

They should still have some in the Ashleaf. I'd have grabbed one for you but I can't be going back a third time today :/ Phone: 00 353 1 4560400

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Cionád wrote: »

Thats an NTSC version... More than likely won't work with EU models of the Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

stevire wrote: »
    Thats an NTSC version... More than likely work with EU models of the Xbox.

It's compatible with PAL (theres a box on the page specifying so). It was menioned in another Bargain Alerts thread a while back, and people verified it worked on their Euripean machine.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55809972&postcount=104

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ejvilla

stevire wrote: »
    I'm just back from Clondalkin Dunnes Stores.. Got one there, only two left at the time so dunno if there is still one on the go!

The last one is gone now too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

I'll keep an eye out in Dunnes Ongar(Clonee) - I work there :P. Haven't seen any yet, but we got in a bunch of printers yesterday, so maybe they'll come in as part of an electrical pallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TotsD

Sarge wrote: »
    I got the last one in dundalk.

The still sum left in dunnes dundalk(Ard Easmuinn)

Rang up every dunnes in city centre, nothing.
    Daithi McGee - thanks but think its too far for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Rang up every dunnes in city centre, nothing.
    Daithi McGee - thanks but think its too far for me :(

If you are in the city it is like a few mins on a bus. Crumlin/Submarine bar? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkinstown#Transportation If that wiki if false and you end up in Bray I accept no respnsability :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Cionád wrote: »
    It's compatible with PAL (theres a box on the page specifying so). It was menioned in another Bargain Alerts thread a while back, and people verified it worked on their Euripean machine.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55809972&postcount=104

Nice one... Gonna get me one of them!!

For anyone willing to travel: Im pretty sure Portlaoise have a good few in stock, but ring first anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

HungryJoey wrote: »
    I dont know where you are looking but GTA IV is not 65-70. The only shop I can think of it being that price is game..

Game x 2, Zavvi & Smyths all in Cork, all 65 plus. why not tell me where on the high street its sub 55 as you're obviously more clever then my own eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Game x 2, Zavvi & Smyths all in Cork, all 65 plus. why not tell me where on the high street its sub 55 as you're obviously more clever then my own eyes?

Come to dublin,

If you are in the city it is like a few mins on a bus. Crumlin/Submarine bar? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkinstown#Transportation If that wiki if false and you end up in Bray I accept no respnsability :p

damn, shuda checked before i left work !
    home now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

jayteecork wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about whether it has a HDMI port or not.

I have the HDMI port and there's not much difference between high definition via component or via a HDMI cable.

Component cable on a hi-def telly can be a little noticeably lower res than the HDMI. It wouldnt bother me, but it is slightly less pretty to look at the grafix sometimes.
    I have used the VGA connnector you can get before and that seems the best to me. The Y Pb Pr is better than component as well. But its still a good quality of graphics regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

whats this bout getting 70 euros back in vouchers, surely 7 euro no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It seems PC world on Childer Rd. Limerick have put their Pro consoles on sale for 199.

Can anyone else confirm this ?? Is it definatly xbox 360 pro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Can anyone else confirm this ?? Is it definatly xbox 360 pro?

I was in PC World today and seen the Arcade version for €199 in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

someone told me gamestop have the pros for 200, anyone confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Component cable on a hi-def telly can be a little noticeably lower res than the HDMI. It wouldnt bother me, but it is slightly less pretty to look at the grafix sometimes.
    I have used the VGA connnector you can get before and that seems the best to me. The Y Pb Pr is better than component as well. But its still a good quality of graphics regardless.

What are you talking about?

720p and 1080i will both look the same regardless of what cable standard is carrying them.

You may see a teeny difference between component and HDMI but if you place them both side by side you wont be able to tell which is which.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

ur mixing composite and component

component = Y Pb Pr = 720p = 1080i = xbox hdmi coz it doesn't do 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Why did I have to pick this week to be out of the country on holidays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Skud wrote: »
    someone told me gamestop have the pros for 200, anyone confirm this?

i got an arcade in there for 199 today so i doubt it (was looking for a 360 and missed the dunnes offer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

weeder wrote: »
    i got an arcade in there for 199 today so i doubt it (was looking for a 360 and missed the dunnes offer)

Damn i kinda need the hard drive.... did it come with any games or anything for that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

zod wrote: »
    ur mixing composite and component

component = Y Pb Pr = 720p = 1080i = xbox hdmi coz it doesn't do 1080p

360 can do 1080p over component and hdmi + the equivalent res over VGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 the mighty elk

Dunnes in Sligo still have them for €179 if that helps anyone.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers. Was half thinking of picking one up for my nephew as a very early birthday present..

.. might go over in the morning.

basq, pick me up one, pretty please, give you 20's for the troubles ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Are you sure about that? I was in Dunnes in Cranmore today and didn't see any there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Ah come on.At the start of the thread, it seems like half of the potential buyers would only get it for profiteering purposes!!
    Indeed, people need to get off their high horses - I'd do the exact same thing, only for they're only fetching ~€220 second hand..

Advertisement