Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 - €179 [Dunnes Stores]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ha ha

Dam right Copey!

Give you a good one - my cousin only bought it as UPS took off his RROD launch day 360 today, and he needed his GTA fix!

He's gona give it to my mates bird in time for RE5 (shes a resident evil nut!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Is there also a mess up on the product?

Should it be 180 for the Arcade or is it 180 for Premium?

Also, still looking for a store with HE in South Dub!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Any body else avail of this??? I can see dunne stores from the window but can go there cause of work this sucks..,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

Thats unreal, even a premium for 179 is a bargin, but 100 quid is insane:O . I reckon it was an offer for the arcade, but some box shifter got mixed up between the too, then another one put the wrong price into the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Wife just rang from Dunnes in Donaghmede. Went to customer desk and was told they don't sell 360's and didn't know what my wife was on about, ie. special offer?!?!?

• Advertisement

HDMI??? Come on OP fill in the details !!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Plascebo wrote: »
    Wife just rang from Dunnes in Donaghmede. Went to customer desk and was told they don't sell 360's and didn't know what my wife was on about, ie. special offer?!?!?

There's 2 Dunnes in Donaghmede... A grocery, then a seperate one down the road. Ring yourself and ask for the entertainment section!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭shnaek

All this talk here and phone calls will surely alert them. I called to Dunnes in Cork and they had a rake of boxes, but none had bar codes. I went looking for a price. They said 179. I took it to the till, but then they had 'None left'.

Update. Just got a text from her. They were €179 and are now sold out in Donaghmede.

They werent 179!

My cousin got 2 for 200, i.e 100 for each!

Proper premium packs with Viva & Forza 2 -

He has an xbox himself, he knows the difference between packs, not like them wimmins :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They must have thought "Why did we get 50 calls in the last 2 hours asking about XBoxes?"

Someone went and checked the price, realised the f**kup and fixed it.

Lucky for those who got it for 100.

Mr E wrote: »
    They must have thought "Why did we get 50 calls in the last 2 hours asking about XBoxes?"

Someone went and checked the price, realised the f**kup and fixed it.

Lucky for those who got it for 100.

Still €179 is a bargain.

so i ask again is it the newer model which doesnt over heat(RROD) and has HDMI?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh lucky for us that got it for 100. ill be home at 6.30 and post pics etc.

yeh it was clearly a mistake.. hehe

and btw, theres only one dunnes in donaghmede. the grocery is downstairs and the drapery is upstairs.

fielddog you from donaghmede?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Any final story on this?
    All dunnes or just one etc?
    Still available?
    I havent taken lunch yet people. Well able to get to two dunnes here in galway!

Fieldog wrote: »
    They werent 179!

My cousin got 2 for 200, i.e 100 for each!

Proper premium packs with Viva & Forza 2 -

He has an xbox himself, he knows the difference between packs, not like them wimmins :)

What I am saying is that the customer service lady said they were offered for €179. But like you say, when you got to the checkout they were €100, i.e. scanned wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Plascebo wrote: »

yeah they do, probobly got some smart a** miffed at being asked constantly!! dont know about the offer tho soz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭ACW

Must swing past Dunnes in Blanch on way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭leex

Dr. B - was in Briarhill also at lunchtime and they didn't have anyway. Terryland had empty boxes with no barcode and no mention of games included with them. I didn't ask at till as I was in a hurry. Keep us posted if you have any joy in TL.

Just called TL and they are out man.
    On hold with Knocknacarra now

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭SinLight

No xboxes in Blanch - just came back from there - lady in information had no idea if they even sell those - maybe at christmas she said - went in to check anyways - didnt see even one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭ACW

There is a big dunnes on George's Street I'll try.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Do Dunnes have those scanner things which tell you the price of items? If they do, someone could check the price of it using one of them.

Apparently knocknacarra are out of em.
    Balls.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    fielddog you from donaghmede?

Nope, im from Santry myself, sure only up the road y'know!

Added ya there on Bebo so we can be acquainted!

Cheers again for the heads up!

Do Dunnes have those scanner things which tell you the price of items? If they do, someone could check the price of it using one of them.

No good as the boxes on display in Galway did not have barcodes on them.

Apparently knocknacarra are out of em.

Is it worth trying Edward Sq?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

leex wrote: »
    No good as the boxes on display in Galway did not have barcodes on them.
    Is this the case in all Dunnes Stores?

Dman001 wrote: »
    Is this the case in all Dunnes Stores?

Dunnes in Donaghmede have them (barcode scanners that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Any word on stores in Limerick?
    Is this offer finished now?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Just got back from Dunnes Stores in Clondalkin and bought one for €179. The only way I could tell whether it came with a hard drive or not was on the barcode sticker where it states, in very small writing, "HARD DISK DRIVE: MADE IN KOREA". The store called head office and they said that it did come with one too, but I don't think head office knew for sure based upon the uncertainty of the person I spoke to.

It also comes with two games, Forza 2 Motorsport and Viva Pinata.

I'll post pictures of the box shortly to show everybody.

Advertisement