Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 - €179 [Dunnes Stores]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I got the last one in dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭tonton-bob

Soarer wrote: »
    Is this true, or is it a wind-up?
    Can't imagine they could be selling refurbed units as new.

It's true.
    I know they had serious bargain going on in France and Belgium with 360 premium ( without HDMI ) with 2 games + one wired controller for 200€.

It was discovered that they are "refurbished" Xbox ( used cases). It was of course a limited offer "while stocks last".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

None in Ashbourne Dunnes as far as I could see. They'd a few Disney DS games, which were the first games of any kind I've ever seen there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It seems PC world on Childer Rd. Limerick have put their Pro consoles on sale for 199.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It seems PC world on Childer Rd. Limerick have put their Pro consoles on sale for 199.
    I think that's only the arcade version though.

• Advertisement

guys i have it set up now , hooked up etc rearing to go , i pressed the middle (on) button on my joypad and it hasnt stopped flashing and it isnt working
    any ideas should i leave it back

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Does the console start up when you press the ON button on the console itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Sarge wrote: »
    guys i have it set up now , hooked up etc rearing to go , i pressed the middle (on) button on my joypad and it hasnt stopped flashing and it isnt working
    any ideas should i leave it back

You have to sync it to the xbox 360

There is a small button on the top middle of the pad,

And one on the front of the console.

Both have the same icon.

Hit the two of these around the same time to sync.

WellyJ wrote: »
    You have to sync it to the xbox 360

There is a small button on the top middle of the pad,

And one on the front of the console.

Both have the same icon.

Hit the two of these around the same time to sync.

Cheers done that thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,814 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fixed the thread title to avoid confusion! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I'll be in a dunnes 2moro morning and i'm fairly confident they'll be there.Theres a decent HE section but they never seem to do much there though. So whats the easiest , hassle free way of making a profit from one of these??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,814 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I'll be in a dunnes 2moro morning and i'm fairly confident they'll be there.Theres a decent HE section but they never seem to do much there though. So whats the easiest , hassle free way of making a profit from one of these??
    Oh I don't know... gee-whiz, let me think - maybe leaving it for someone who actually wants one and doesn't require one for personal gain!

Cop on!

Never use acronyms but this is called for.. FFS! :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Cheers OP and subsequent tipsters, I've been thinking about getting a 360 for almost a year now and now I'm gonna head out early tomorrow morning and try to grab one.

Perish the thought that you might actually let someone who wants a 360 buy it instead of scalping it.

EDIT: Ah, beaten to it by basquille.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

What sort of guarantee comes with these consoles, cause there prone to rrod , will check my local dunnes 2moro, dont think they sell games though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

paul150 wrote: »
    What sort of guarantee comes with these consoles, cause there prone to rrod , will check my local dunnes 2moro, dont think they sell games though:(
    Microsoft has moved their warrenty up to 3 years for the RROD and 1 year for everything else. Not sure about Dunnes warrenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Dunnes (or any retailer) cannot pass off refurbished goods as new. Its simply not allowed.

I examined my sealed box when i got home, and im happy its new, not refurbished, etc. It has HDMI connector so thats me happy.

Just need a HD tv now !!! :)

basquille wrote: »
    Oh I don't know... gee-whiz, let me think - maybe leaving it for someone who actually wants one and doesn't require one for personal gain!

Cop on!

Never use acronyms but this is called for.. FFS! :mad:

Ah come on.At the start of the thread, it seems like half of the potential buyers would only get it for profiteering purposes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I can't believe some of you guys got one with HDMI. I only got one with the proprietary AV connector.

I got mine yesterday and it was definitely not refurbished. They must have been selling whatever X-Box they had, the new or old version, for the same price. I would have preferred the HDMI version, especially now as I seem to have the oldest version of the lot, but I can't argue at the price so overall I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭leinstergurl

Thanks to OP!!My bro managed to get me one while he was working in town yesturday, my son will be a happy chappy come christmas morning!!!:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Just got one for myself up in Ashleaf there now. When one of the staff there asked the manager he said that he might have one left in the cash office...dunno if this was actually the last one they had, but either way I'm happy :D

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭shnaek

Many many thanks OP. Went to dunnes Bandon Road Cork at lunch time and they were written up as €359, but after reading other posts here i went back at about 8, still written up as €359, but managed to get 1 at €179, thanks to a very helpful home entertainment manager. Oddly it was the first he heard about it today :confused:

Very happy :D

Interesting. That's the one I called to yesterday. They also said they were €179, even though they were written up as €359, so I went to the counter with one, they went out back, and came back to me and told me they had none in stock. Methinks I'll have to mail them about this.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I can't believe some of you guys got one with HDMI. I only got one with the proprietary AV connector.

I got mine yesterday and it was definitely not refurbished. They must have been selling whatever X-Box they had, the new or old version, for the same price. I would have preferred the HDMI version, especially now as I seem to have the oldest version of the lot, but I can't argue at the price so overall I'm happy.

All 360s should have a hdmi connection but only the elite model has the hdmi cable to go with it.Surely, nobody managed to get an elite model for 179e!!:eek:
    Are you sure your 360 doesnt have a hdmi connection the back??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

is there anywhere in Dublin that still has these??

All 360s should have a hdmi connection but only the elite model has the hdmi cable to go with it.Surely, nobody managed to get an elite model for 179e!!:eek:

Only 360s made in the last 9 months or so have HDMI,

Some of these were probably made before then and don't have the port.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Some places still have the earlier models that only use the component connectors (they're getting scarce now). The HDMI ones have the HDMI logo on the back of the box.

Edit: Beaten by WellyJ. What he said.

Mine is also lacking a HDMI port I think (only one A/V port on the back) but I'm not that bothered because I don't have a HDTV!

Oh I'm sure all right. I Googled the images of what the back should look like and there is definitely no HDMI port or HDMI logo on the back, as I've previously seen online.

Guess I got one of the original lot from like what, 2006? hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cant check the back of mine now im in work, but i hooked it up to my hdtv using the method in the instruction manual.

there were 3 normal coloured cables (red white yellow) and a scart adapter for them to go into, and 3 other cables on the same wire that were red, blue and green i think.

the instructions said for a hdtv to plug in the latter 3.

doews that mean its the hd version? havent a clue about consoles.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    cant check the back of mine now im in work, but i hooked it up to my hdtv using the method in the instruction manual.

there were 3 normal coloured cables (red white yellow) and a scart adapter for them to go into, and 3 other cables on the same wire that were red, blue and green i think.

Yeh you should have used the red white (audio) and the red green blue (component). THe yellow one should be unused. That will let you use 720p or 1080i depending on which suits you and your TV.

And enjoy HD gaming goodness :)

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »

No, it seems like you got the same Xbox 360 as me.

The cables you got, which sounds exactly the same as mine, are as follows:

- Component = Blue, red and green
    - Composite = Yellow
    - RCA (audio) = Red and white

If you had the HDMI version there would have been another port on the back below the port where you plugged the above cables in. Not a big deal as we can still view 1080p over VGA, if you buy the cable, and 1080i/p over component, depending on your displays input capabilities.

Advertisement