Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 - €179 [Dunnes Stores]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

so the OP just lucked out getting it for 100e? was there some 50% off special or something in the store??

also if u had an xbox 360 premium with the 20gig hd, where do u go to trade it in and add on another 60euro to get a brand new 40gig ps3?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Can someone confirm that Gamestop give you a PS3 for a Xbox 360 and €60.

I was just off the phone to my local Dunnes, and they have "loads" of Xbox 360s in stock for "half price"

If I can get a PS3 for 240 euro I'll be happy.
    Are those preowned or new in Gamestop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭ACW

It was a glich in that store. They have recitified it now :(
    I should have hopped on a bus out there @ lunch time

(all this I found out after runnign over the city)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Actually, I don't think this is right. GameStop only give you €150 for a 360.

Dman001 wrote: »
    Actually, I don't think this is right. GameStop only give you €150 for a 360.

How much is a preowned PS3 in Gamestop?

Not sure if this'll be worth my while - I have a 360 pro already.

Lol. If I pay 179 and end up getting 150 for it, down 29.

My nephews all have 360s, so I don't know what I'd do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Ahh, it was a glitch, that's fine so.
    Just saved me a walk of a few miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

OK cornellscourt don't have them (i wasn't the first to call it seems hehe), but citywest do, at 179.99, but no guarantee they will scan at 100, infact probably not, and it's a long way from Ranelagh to Citywest just to find out!!

I very much doubt they are still scanning at 100 euros.
    Too many calls to stores asking about them.
    They have it sussed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭ablelocks

so even at 180 this would be a bargain, yes or no?

It's an Ok bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Figured id tell of my experience. I got into donaghmede at about 2.30 and went straight to customer service to by one. Got there and saw the mangager giving out to the women about selling them for 100, while at the same time trying to get head office on the phone, classic!

Anyway, i asked if they had any and they both said 'out of stock', even though they had one in front off them that they were scanning thorugh!

Sorry to repeat myself here but Gamesop definitely do not give you a PS3 for a 360 and 60 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

WellyJ wrote:
    Doubt this is true
    i find it hard to believe -

Ha. There's always a few idiots with no information or evidence to the contrary will refuse to believe someone's account on getting a bargain.

I think its called sour grapes.

Well done OP!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just bought one for my brother from Childers Road Limerick. XBOX360 Pro with Forza 2 and Viva Pinata for 179.

Awesome. That's a savage bargain. They are selling by themselves for 280 elsewhere.

By the way, as I talked to them, they said they should have 1 left...number is 061-423170.

ablelocks wrote: »
    so even at 180 this would be a bargain, yes or no?

90 euro cheaper than the console by itself...I think thats excellent. Where else wuld you see that type of reduction on a console?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Figured id tell of my experience. I got into donaghmede at about 2.30 and went straight to customer service to by one. Got there and saw the mangager giving out to the women about selling them for 100, while at the same time trying to get head office on the phone, classic!

Anyway, i asked if they had any and they both said 'out of stock', even though they had one in front off them that they were scanning thorugh!

hahahaha classic!! its not the "wimmins" fault that IT fuked up with the pricing. and how would they know the correct pricing when my sister was the first one in the store this mornin.
    quarryman wrote: »
    Ha. There's always a few idiots with no information or evidence to the contrary will refuse to believe someone's account on getting a bargain.

I think its called sour grapes.

Well done OP!

haha cheers mate, yeh i know, and its probably the same people kicking themselves over the whole thing now.

i feel for the people that have been running around trying to get their hands on one for the price me and fielddog got ours for.

and i only wish my sister had bought more than 2.

if i was there i would have made her by at least 4. i wonder would they have copped if we had tried to buy the 9!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Even at 179euro, that's still a very good buy for a premium version console with 2 games. If I didn't have a 360, I would have snapped this up alright!

I *almost* bought one in Game last weekend for my brother. If I had and then saw this deal, I'd be vomiting right now.

HungryJoey wrote: »
    Even at 179euro, that's still a very good buy for a premium version console with 2 games. If I didn't have a 360, I would have snapped this up alright!

The original 100 euro not withstanding, 179 is ok.
    Drawbacks include, bad games, every console gets RROD so must be returned, usually in 12 months.

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »
    Sorry to repeat myself here but Gamesop definitely do not give you a PS3 for a 360 and 60 euro?

No way jaytee. i think you'll get 180 for trading in a 360 premium and the PS3 is around 400.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    No way jaytee. i think you'll get 180 for trading in a 360 premium and the PS3 is around 400.

Pre owned PS3 are 349 with games.

TVDX wrote: »
    Drawbacks include, bad games, every console gets RROD so must be returned, usually in 12 months.

Viva pinata got really good reviews when it released, and sure if Forza ain't great, then it can be used as trade-in fodder. And so what if it gets the rrod within 12 months, Dunnes have to give a refund (as so any store).

179 for a console in its prime...even if there were no games with it, it's still a bargain.

Nah mate, it's not in it's prime.

But what you say is true about trade ins.

Bit of value there, maybe a tenner off a new game or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

FutureGuy wrote: »
    179 for a console in its prime...even if there were no games with it, it's still a bargain.

It sure is, great bargain! Best news since I heard FF13 is no longer a PS3 exclusive, therefore I wont be buying a PS3 :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just bought one there. Scanned at €179.97.
    Already have a 360, so might give it to a buddy, or return it. Dunno yet.

Definite bargain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

TVDX wrote: »

Not true at all.
    Viva Pinata is a great game, and the failure rate on the newer consoles is quite low, 9% someone here mentioned on a seperate thread, which will still high, is a long way off 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Soarer wrote: »
    Just bought one there. Scanned at €179.97.
    Already have a 360, so might give it to a buddy, or return it. Dunno yet.

Definite bargain though.

What branch did you get it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Dunnes Ballyvolane, Cork.

They've two boxes on display, but the units themselves are in sealed boxes in the cash office. Display boxes don't show games, but the full boxes do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Can somebody please confirm if it has HDMI???

Advertisement