Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 - €179 [Dunnes Stores]

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kenpi

Just picked one up in Ashleaf at 10:00 this morning for €179. Still had one or two left.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 the mighty elk

Are you sure about that? I was in Dunnes in Cranmore today and didn't see any there.

Yes.I know someone who bought one yesterday.No hdmi port but for it's still a good deal.It wasn't marked as half price but came up as €179 when scanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

I've seen em' in Gamestop for €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

This price cut could be due to the forthcoming release of the 60GB Xbox 360 model. if so then its possible that other places such as tesco and gamestop might do similar price drops to clear out the older stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

Tight Ted wrote: »
    I've seen em' in Gamestop for €200.

Are you sure that wasnt an arcade model as I think they are usually around €200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

kenpi wrote: »
    Just picked one up in Ashleaf at 10:00 this morning for €179. Still had one or two left.

Got last one this morning for my son, headset,hard drive and 2 games came with it.... It said on side sticker it was xbox360 pro...? what size HD comes with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

mad m wrote: »
    Got last one this morning for my son, headset,hard drive and 2 games came with it.... It said on side sticker it was xbox360 pro...? what size HD comes with it?

It comes with a 20GB hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Anyone know if any of these are still left in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

mad m wrote: »

Last one?! damn you! :(:(

edit: yeah ashleaf is definitely sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Last one?! damn you! :(:(

edit: yeah ashleaf is definitely sold out

Try the square in tallaght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr E wrote: »
    Be nice, neveah... :)

Called up to the local Dunnes in Limerick, and no sign of xboxes anywhere....

Saw them in Dunnes on Childer's road.
    They were the Arcade version and being advertised for €180 (50% off).
    Was sorely tempted to nab a manager there and give them a bollicking for false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah fair enough. I looked in the Parkway... so close!
    I already have an xbox, but I was curious to see if it was just in the OP's Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Anyone an idea of what the trade in value of a non HDMI 360 is? I already have a launch day 360 but saw this offer in my local Dunnes and am tempted to upgrade :P . €179 for priemum with HDMI, Froza and Viva Piñata is a great deal even if the games aren't to my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I think it's 150 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭fatjose101

has anyone seen this offer in the tralee or killarney stores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

which is your local dunnes? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Wasn't going to post it but why not. I think i've spent too much this month on gadgets and stuff anyway :(. Dunnes in Longford had 3 left Monday evening if people wanted to make the trip to pick up the bargain. Can't say if any are still left by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

my bro picked this up on my recommendation, and i'm disappointed to see it hasn't got hdmi out. he's got a nice big 42" 1080p tv, *but* it can only accept full HD over hdmi, not component or vga, which sucks. on such a big screen it seems a shame to only be running at 1368 x 720 or whatever it is.

are there any options? vga to hdmi converter?
    or who's doing a decent upgrade deal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

the corpo wrote: »
    which sucks. on such a big screen it seems a shame to only be running at 1368 x 720 or whatever it is.

1080i & 1080p have the same resolution. The i just means interlaced.

Have a look here. http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6361600-1.html
    It's an old article but the specs haven't changed.

I've a reasonable size TV too and I can't notice any difference between the HDMI and component inputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

my bro picked this up on my recommendation, and i'm disappointed to see it hasn't got hdmi out. he's got a nice big 42" 1080p tv, *but* it can only accept full HD over hdmi, not component or vga, which sucks. on such a big screen it seems a shame to only be running at 1368 x 720 or whatever it is.

are there any options? vga to hdmi converter?
    or who's doing a decent upgrade deal?

http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=411

Expensive, but lets the older 360s output through HDMI and supports 1080p,

Though it is worth noting that there are very few 360 games that actually use 1080p so don't expect much difference.

Its worth it for 1080p HD-WMV files though. They can look amazing.

• Advertisement

If the HTDV has a decent scaler then you probably wouldn't notice the difference between the TV deinterlacing the 1080i signal to 1080p compared to an actual 1080p signal over HDMI.

The MadCatz solution seems ideal, unfortunately the price is not. I would also question its ability to convert the analogue signal to digital over a HTDV's.

ah, i have an elite, and noticed a pretty stark difference between component and hdmi, the hdmi being way more vibrant

There are a lot of different reasons why you would be able see a difference between the two, but using a 3rd party solution to enable HDMI out is not the same as having a native HDMI out as per the Elite model.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ah, i have an elite, and noticed a pretty stark difference between component and hdmi, the hdmi being way more vibrant

Ive noticed it a lot myself in 1080p, the HDMI is way more vibrant as you say!

Has anyone made a comparison between HDMI and VGA as the two are supposed to be very similar in image quality?

am i right in thinking that some of these had hdmi, and some didn't? did most people get hdmi ones? my brothers one wasn't but a mate got one and it was. irritating!

am i right in thinking that some of these had hdmi, and some didn't? did most people get hdmi ones? my brothers one wasn't but a mate got one and it was. irritating!

I bought one without HDMI.

Advertisement