Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 - €179 [Dunnes Stores]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Mslug

These still about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Mslug wrote: »
    These still about?

I'm sure they are.. thats if your Local Dunnes still has them in stock.

give a few shops a call, or drop into them.

It only started yesterday so there might be some still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

blanch dont seel em :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Microsoft has moved their warrenty up to 3 years for the RROD and 1 year for everything else. Not sure about Dunnes warrenty.
    It's 2 years for everything else in Ireland, UK is 1 year. Got my DVD drive fixed 15 months after purchase.

well illac say they dont sell em either. so did henry street ? HOW ODD
    :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Mslug

Placebo wrote: »
    well illac say they dont sell em either. so did henry street ? HOW ODD
    :/

dun dun duuuuuun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mrs.ljungberg

Ok I just bought one in the Ash Leaf shopping centre in Crumlin
    They said they have 8 left so if anyones near there head up now and get one
    Their number is 01 4560400 if you want to call ahead to check stock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Rsaeire wrote: »
    No, it seems like you got the same Xbox 360 as me.

The cables you got, which sounds exactly the same as mine, are as follows:

- Component = Blue, red and green
    - Composite = Yellow
    - RCA (audio) = Red and white

If you had the HDMI version there would have been another port on the back below the port where you plugged the above cables in. Not a big deal as we can still view 1080p over VGA, if you buy the cable, and 1080i/p over component, depending on your displays input capabilities.

ah i see ill have a look later. what about the ltitle switch on the cable that goes from ht to tv. does that actually make a differnece for our version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

If youre using the component switch it to HDTV and if youre using the scart or composite leave it at TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

copeyhagen wrote: »
    ah i see ill have a look later. what about the ltitle switch on the cable that goes from ht to tv. does that actually make a differnece for our version

Yes, absolutely.You use the "tv" setting if you are usig the yellow connector as the only video connection and then using the white and red connectors for audio.This outouts video in 576i, Standard definition.If youre tv is hd ready, yous et the cable to "hdtv" and use the the red, grenn and blue connectors for video and the red and white connectors for audio.This can output in any res from 480p tp 1080p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

2 In Clondalkin = Non HDMI Ashleaf = Non HDMI. Me = Now owns one Ashleaf Non HDMI version as I didn't know about checking for a sticker. I am somewhat bummed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

copeyhagen wrote: »

It does indeed. It changes the available resolutions as 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p are only available when switching the switch to HDTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

do they all have 20gb hard drives? the one in my dunnes comes with forza nd viva pinaita but has no mention of hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Guys, to clear a few things up - there is alot of questions being asked over and over.

These are the original Premium Consoles.

They come with the following:

Xbox 360 console
    20GB HDD
    Component HD Cable & Scart Cable
    Wireless Controller
    Headset
    5M Cat5 network Cable
    Forza 2
    Viva..

Very good deal for someone who hasn't already picked up a 360, there is no question about it - it's a bargain.

Why does it have no HDMI? Because you are unlucky. You recieved one of the earlier consoles that didn't have HDMI.
    Why does it have HDMI? Because you are lucky, and recieved a newer unit that does have HDMI.

Either way, its still a good deal.

thanks a million hungryjoey for clearing it up, i just got one to go alongside my ps3, they have some in the letterkenny store if anyones interested

HungryJoey wrote: »
    Guys, to clear a few things up - there is alot of questions being asked over and over.

These are the original Premium Consoles.

They come with the following:

Xbox 360 console
    20GB HDD
    Component HD Cable & Scart Cable
    Wireless Controller
    Headset
    5M Cat5 network Cable
    Forza 2
    Viva..

Very good deal for someone who hasn't already picked up a 360, there is no question about it - it's a bargain.

Why does it have no HDMI? Because you are unlucky. You recieved one of the earlier consoles that didn't have HDMI.
    Why does it have HDMI? Because you are lucky, and recieved a newer unit that does have HDMI.

Either way, its still a good deal.

Oh and one other thing, some people seem to be under the impression only "Elite" Consoles come with HDMI. That is not correct. For the last 9 months, Microsoft have included HDMI on the Pro/Premium Console also.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ash2020

so are they 179 / 100... need to know asap as im in an internet cafe and dont have all day to be waiting on a reply lol

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Anyone know if this is in all dunnes stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ash2020 wrote: »
    so are they 179 / 100... need to know asap as im in an internet cafe and dont have all day to be waiting on a reply lol
    thanks
    Wow. Didn't realize.. Must hurry.. €179. It's in the thread title. :rolleyes:
    Bambi wrote:
    Anyone know if this is in all dunnes stores?
    Nope. Only a few Dunnes Stores branches, and none of the ones I have tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ash2020

i see earlier on the first coupe of pages people managed to get them at 100....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Wow. Didn't realize.. Must hurry.. €179. It's in the thread title. :rolleyes:

Nope. Only a few Dunnes Stores branches, and none of the ones I have tried.

oh well, another bargain missed for mise.

ash2020 wrote: »
    i see earlier on the first coupe of pages people managed to get them at 100....

This was just a pricing mistake by dunnes at just one store i think, they are 179 at all stores selling them, using the dunnes clubcard you get €70 of vouchers when you buy one:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Checked Ilac Centre this morning - sold out. Staff member phoned to see if there were any left nearby... unfortunately there wasn't.

Cheers anyway OP. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

**** sake, i really hope these are around next thursday :(

if anyones picking up one, could they be really nice and pick one up for me?
    will pay 200 in total, i know its not much it would be SUPER NICE of you.
    courtesy for a fellow boardsie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I stumbled upon this thread in the early hours of the morning, having read it i cancelled plans for sleep and stayed up and left home early to hit the Dunnes Stores around Cork. I tried Bishopstown Court around 9am but no joy out of stock, a staff member said Ballincollig might have them and there i went(also said Douglas & the other Bishopstown buti think the dozy staff member was only guessing). Lo and behold i found one there with Forza & Pinata.

Sure mine probably hasnt HDMI, but at E180 + 2 games you cant argue with the quality.went into town then to pick up GTA IV, Bad Company & The Orange Box, but the difference between online prices & retail prices was unbelievable, i quickly left to return to the laptop,l GTA is E65-70 in store on Amazon with P&P its still only E55.

Oh yeah i promised i wouldnt play it until i buy a new TV/Monitor and pass my repeats in August, its gonna be a long few weeks:p....

I stumbled upon this thread in the early hours of the morning, having read it i cancelled plans for sleep and stayed up and left home early to hit the Dunnes Stores around Cork. I tried Bishopstown Court around 9am but no joy out of stock, a staff member said Ballincollig might have them and there i went(also said Douglas & the other Bishopstown buti think the dozy staff member was only guessing). Lo and behold i found one there with Forza & Pinata.

Sure mine probably hasnt HDMI, but at E180 + 2 games you cant argue with the quality.went into town then to pick up GTA IV, Bad Company & The Orange Box, but the difference between online prices & retail prices was unbelievable, i quickly left to return to the laptop,l GTA is E65-70 in store on Amazon with P&P its still only E55.

Oh yeah i promised i wouldnt play it until i buy a new TV/Monitor and pass my repeats in August, its gonna be a long few weeks:p....

I dont know where you are looking but GTA IV is not 65-70. The only shop I can think of it being that price is game..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I'm just back from Clondalkin Dunnes Stores.. Got one there, only two left at the time so dunno if there is still one on the go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I just picked up the last one in Galway :D
    whhooooohhoooo

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I wouldn't worry about whether it has a HDMI port or not.

I have the HDMI port and there's not much difference between high definition via component or via a HDMI cable.

Advertisement