Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 - €179 [Dunnes Stores]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

o ye of little faith.

yep comes with forza 2 and the other one.

my sister just checked the boxes entirely and there is no mention of the word arcade on it at all.

can u confirm fielddog what version of it it is. did ur cousin pick theirs up in "the mede"!!

im in work till tonight hence why i dont have pics or a receipt up.

my sister reckons its a mistake on the donaghmede end of things as they were advertised at 180 but scanned at the till for 99.

hundred euro xbox for me. whoohoo

they only had 9 this mornin doubt they have many left now.

sorry fielddog see you mentioned its the premium.

"in yo face suckas"!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Empty boxes in Galway TL store with a shelfprice of 360euro. Not arcade version. Was hoping to scan it on one of their instore barcode price readers but there was no barcode on the box. I didn't bother bringing it to a counter. Didn't seem to be any games with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yip its the Premium Copey!

Cheers for the heads up man, my cousin picked up one for my best mate for me!

As im sick of lugging my elite/ps3 out to his house in a record bag everytime we wanna play some games!

Next he has to buy a ps3, or we'll have to continue scabbing the neighbours one :)

He went to Donaghmede to get it yes, cheers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Is this only in Donaghmede??

Please say no, please say no, please say no, please say no, please say no, please say no, please say no, please say no, please say no!!

Can't be too many left... Nearly too good to be true!

You get yours in Donaghmede too Fieldog? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Anyone confirm if this offer is in all stores?

Just Donaghmede by the looks of things, I reckon they half-priced the premium instead of the arcade packs, retards!

Mind you, my best bud aint complaining!

:p

I rang Dunnes...

In ALL stores... First come first serve basis :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

Sure it wasn't 360 eggboxes €100 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

stevire wrote: »
    I rang Dunnes...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

stevire wrote: »
    I rang Dunnes...

Which dunnes you ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I'm guessing these are the 360s with the HDMI.

Donaghmede... See if they could put one in hold. She said they're flying out and cant do it. So i asked was it just in their store... She said no.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone rang a store besdies donaghmede store to see if she was right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I've just called Dunnes Stores in Clondalkin and they said that it's been reduced to €179. I guess they'll scan at the till for €100 so ;)

Dman001 wrote: »
    I'm guessing these are the 360s with the HDMI.

They are AFAIK

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yip its the Premium Copey!

Cheers for the heads up man, my cousin picked up one for my best mate for me!

As im sick of lugging my elite/ps3 out to his house in a record bag everytime we wanna play some games!

Next he has to buy a ps3, or we'll have to continue scabbing the neighbours one :)

He went to Donaghmede to get it yes, cheers again!

ah glad to hear someone else got sorted. we have a ps3 in the house but no one really plays it. im more of a pc games man myself, cod4, wow maily. but im gonna pick up a second joypad later and see what shes like.

can anyone confirm if you can use a keyboard and mouse on the console?

my sister was first in the store this mornin and said there was no queue or anything, she was the only one buying, and we thought getting it for 180 was a bargain.

Lol @ margeret heffernan

being a former employee im delighted!!!

I can confirm that these are on sale in all Dunnes Stores (that sell video games). I was told €179.28.

One of my mates on the way to the one in Rathmines..... Fingers crossed!! :D

How do you get from 180 to 100?!?! :confused:

• Advertisement

SDo will it definitly scan €100? I dont mind paying €100 but I dont want to pay €179.28. Also I think GameStop trade 360 for a PS3 for €60. Thats a PS3 for €160!!

I can confirm that these are on sale in all Dunnes Stores (that sell video games). I was told €179.28.

I'll be interested to know are they all going for 100!!!!

Id nearly buy a backup one for meself (incase I the Elite kicks the bucket!)

SDo will it definitly scan €100? I dont mind paying €100 but I dont want to pay €179.28. Also I think GameStop trade 360 for a PS3 for €60. Thats a PS3 for €160!!

Sure if you want a fancy video player go buy a PS3, if u want a games machine, stick with the noisy beast!

I have both and I can tell you which one is rarely powered on!!!

Well I already have a 360 but want a PS3 for Blu Ray, and a €160 blu Ray player sounds good!!

as i said my sister was in dunnes last night and the xbox 360 was advertised at 180. when she went to the till with them this morning the price came up at 99 so she said nothing.

i worked there and afaik all prices on the system ar linked to one source, so if they are STILL scanning at 100 then happy days. if not, then unlucky.

this seems to have been a mistake on dunnes end of things.

thats why theyre selling in donaghmede for deffo at 99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

That's what I'd like to know. I've rang around a few stores and they seem to be on sale for €179 each. I think the Donaghmede store with €100 for an X-Box 360 was a once-off but I may be wrong.

We need someone to confirm that they've gone to a Dunnes Stores store, other than Donaghmede, that are selling them for €179 and then being scanned at the till for €100, otherwise I think we're all gonna have to pay €179.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Can any one confirm these are in any other store other than that one???? are they in the dunnes in limerick city (by the river)???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Rsaeire wrote: »
    That's what I'd like to know. I've rang around a few stores and they seem to be on sale for €179 each. I think the Donaghmede store with €100 for an X-Box 360 was a once-off but I may be wrong.

We need someone to confirm that they've gone to a Dunnes Stores store, other than Donaghmede, that are selling them for €179 and then being scanned at the till for €100, otherwise I think we're all gonna have to pay €179.

indeed

Rathmines dont have a HE section... Anyone know of a store that has in South Dublin??

• Advertisement

yes it looks like they ****ed up.

happy days for me and fielddog

Advertisement