Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Lumen wrote: »
    :confused:
    ... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Caroline_ie today at half two heading from howth to sutton.

That was me alright, I never saw you though, sorry I ignored you.
    del88 wrote: »
    seen the same girl just past howth station and coming out of "the bike hub"....

I went up the hill twice, once in the shop though, I only went there to use the bathroom and they are now also sourcing my next bike (Once I get all my cash saved up )... Great shop I have to say, really nice people in there. I will go again.
    Howth was buzzing with people eating ice cream and chips. I soaked up a bit of sun at the top of my second ascent. Get the tan lines when you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

daithi bc on the wicklow peaks challenge today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

That was me alright, I never saw you though, sorry I ignored you.

I was in the car and didn't beep or shout at you as you were majestically stretching the legs with the saddle while moving past stopped cars at the lights. You may have fallen off if I distracted you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    I was in the car and didn't beep or shout at you as you were majestically stretching the legs with the saddle while moving past stopped cars at the lights. You may have fallen off if I distracted you!
    Been suffering from left quad pain for the past 3 weeks ... not like anyone cares... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Rew wrote: »
    New jersey on a road bike breaking the pedestrian lights (heading away from College Green) on Dame St at the central bank at 9:37 this morn
    Is no one going to claim responsibility for this:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen one heading from the m50 roundabout near Sandyford Hall down the road to Roebuck road on saturday around half 5 on a BLUE BIKE, I was the far side and he looked focused so I didn't shout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Lemag wrote: »
    Is no one going to claim responsibility for this:confused:

Didnt think he would :D

He got a good look at me as I was turning right (with the lights ;)) and had to swing tight round behind him to make the turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

CramCycle wrote: »
    Seen one heading from the m50 roundabout near Sandyford Hall down the road to Roebuck road on saturday around half 5 on a BLUE BIKE, I was the far side and he looked focused so I didn't shout.

BRIGHT blue?

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    BRIGHT blue?

VERY bright!

• Advertisement

VERY bright!

Sounds like me so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Rew wrote: »
    Didnt think he would :D

He got a good look at me as I was turning right (with the lights ;)) and had to swing tight round behind him to make the turn.
    He could have done worse to tarnish the boards jersey rep. A couple of weeks ago on my first and thus far only outting with my boards jersey I was heading up a hill (towards victoria cross in Cork for those who know it). It was about 18.30 so traffic was quite heavy and slow moving. I overtook a middle/late aged female leisure cyclist on her heavy BSO. As there was plenty of room between the cars and the curb I was making my way up in between them and on towards the lights. However, as I was doing so I got distracted by a rather hot lady who was jogging in the opposite direction on the other side of the road. In a not so very steathly fashion I checked her out with languid turn of my head. The moment passed and I switched my attention back to the road only to see that I was about to hit the curb. I wasn't successful in avoiding it and with my feet clipped in there was only going to be one outcome. The female cyclist I'd passed earlier actually stopped as I picked myself up to see if I was ok. Fair play to her. My ego was bruised but nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

new kit white helmet, backpack, black felt or trek at junction of dodder road and rathfarnham, 6.20 this evening, heading out of town

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

kenmc wrote: »
    new kit white helmet, backpack, black felt or trek at junction of dodder road and rathfarnham, 6.20 this evening, heading out of town

That was myself. I recognised you just as you passed by. Belated wave.:)

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Sounds like me so!

Just moved into Sandyford Hall last week so I'll probably see you about a bit, I like the blue, I presume it was a planet X by the colour?

Just moved into Sandyford Hall last week so I'll probably see you about a bit, I like the blue, I presume it was a planet X by the colour?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Boardsie outside the central bank, beside an upside down blue Planet X this morning -I had no tools or anything on me as I was walking, so no point in me stopping -hope you got going ok!

Boardsie outside the central bank, beside an upside down blue Planet X this morning -I had no tools or anything on me as I was walking, so no point in me stopping -hope you got going ok!

Thanks - first puncture in around 9 months this morning. Strangely enough, the last puncture I had was near Dame Street too.

Had it fixed and going quickly enough I think, I was just a bit paranoid as I couldn't find anything that punctured it! Happened before that I fixed a puncture a few times and the bloody bit of wire was stuck in the tyre, which kept puncturing the new tube.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

New jersey with the Swords Club spin this morning around 8.45 (I was driving towards Lusk from Skerries on my way to Sundrive)

New jersey heading past the yellow house yesterday at 3.10. Heading in town direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

This morning turning into the Phoenix Park at Chapelizod Gate. Said hello from the car...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

New jersey going down the Ballyboden road there at anywhere between 7-9, can't remember what time i was out!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

cdaly_ wrote: »
    This morning turning into the Phoenix Park at Chapelizod Gate. Said hello from the car...

'Twas I.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Beasty wrote: »
    New jersey with the Swords Club spin this morning around 8.45 (I was driving towards Lusk from Skerries on my way to Sundrive)

That was Iniquitus

Two possible Boards Beeps, today on East Road at around a quarter past 8, and yesterday at 17:30 on Haddington road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Spotted my first one (finally) around 6ish today. Sped past me on Rathoath road in Finglas going up past Tolka Valley road. No idea who it was unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

Hi Jaqian. That was me after a coffee and with a strong wind behind me at the start of a good cycle out to Ratoath, Dunshaughlin, Culmullen, Lucan and back via the Strawberry beds. I remember passing a cyclist but at the time I was more focussed on the fast moving rush-hour vehicular traffic. I got the jersey last year but due to injury and various other commitments have only just started back on the bike again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I was getting tired of seeing Swords CC although I did spot a Drogheda Wheelers on the Navan Road last week so that was unusual. Felt more like cycling into the wind for me :) I was just coming back from collecting my bike at Staggs Cyles in Lucan. Nice to have met you in passing :)

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

New Jersey today approx 5:30pm or so passed me and said hello at the start of Con Colbert Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    New Jersey today approx 5:30pm or so passed me and said hello at the start of Con Colbert Rd.

That was me i think... Headin home to Celbridge! Was nice to meet some cyclists on the way home.

Advertisement