Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Who shouted "Go on the Cookie Monster" at me at Rathmichael yesterday? :D
    It took a few second to register, by which time I was out of site of the junction

I had boards shorts on, so it counts;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Saw one pass by at Dollymount strand around 9 this morning as I repaired yet another puncture. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

RT66 wrote: »
    Saw one pass by at Dollymount strand around 9 this morning as I repaired yet another puncture. :rolleyes:
    That was kazaam(?) I think. Breezed past on the cycle track while I was at Bayside lights, took me all the way to Castle Avenue to catch up with him. Not helped by getting penned in at North Bull. I must have missed you, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Spotted someone Monday around 4 cycling down Pearse Street and onto the south quays in Dublin in a Planet X jersey and on a black Planet X TT bike, probably nobody here but not the type of bike you see everyday heading down the quays, taking it easy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

RT66 wrote: »

Might have been me - think I saw you at the Causeway on the last bit of track to the road.

I took a right, then immediate left at the lights. Sorry for not stopping / saying anything but you looked like you were handling the situation!

• Advertisement

Jawgap wrote: »
    Might have been me - think I saw you at the Causeway on the last bit of track to the road.

I took a right, then immediate left at the lights. Sorry for not stopping / saying anything but you looked like you were handling the situation!

Not at all, sure you weren't even on the cycle track! I was just about sorted at that stage. Well used to these punctures with the POS tyres that came with the bike, although the rate at which I'm getting them is putting me under pressure for CO2 and tubes...

BTW, Vredestein Fortezza will never again find themselves on any bike of mine. All they're good for is maybe getting you as far as a shop which stocks something else.
    Both replaced with RibMo now.

@RT66

I feel your pain! I swapped a few months ago to Conti hardshells following a run of punctures. So far so good since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Very rare sighting this morning around 6.45 am ish in Julianstown heading south.

Think the species in question is known as a boardsie, it was even wearing one of them new pink and black jerseys !!

I was very surprised to see one because they are very rare around these parts, so i only gave a little beep so as not to frighten this rare creature.

Did i mention they are very rare around these parts;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

This evening just south of Portmarnock. Gave a shout and wave from the car...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Zorba wrote: »

I was very surprised to see one because they are very rare around these parts, so i only gave a little beep so as not to frighten this rare creature.

Can't be that rare - even I can guess who that one is, and he's quite "regular" around those parts;)

(and indeed has probably one of the most "spotted" jerseys of recent times)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Ok maybe i need to get out more !

Think i've an idea who it is too but i've only seen 3 boardsies around these parts so far.

Zorba wrote: »
    Very rare sighting this morning around 6.45 am ish in Julianstown heading south.

Think the species in question is known as a boardsie, it was even wearing one of them new pink and black jerseys !!

Thanks for the beep - gave a wave in return.

Two spots on the one trip is not bad going.

My regularity is down to the prunes......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

New short sleeves on a white ribble/ridley (couldn't make out the name!) at around 1730 heading northbound on Hollis st. Dublin today. 'would have given a shout but too busy squinting.

Also last thursday around 1830 heading towards Howth just after the wooden bridge - full new gear and a beard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

New jersey on the north quays just after the 4 courts around 8:45 riding a red road bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Rew wrote: »
    New jersey on the north quays just after the 4 courts around 8:45 riding a red road bike.

Think I saw him too at 8.55 heading around College Green towards Nassau Street.

Caroline_ie spotted on Chesterfield Ave in the Phoenix Park today. Called hi from the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Caroline_ie spotted on Chesterfield Ave in the Phoenix Park today. Called hi from the car...
    I was on my way back from Wicklow. Nice car, I bet you haven't enjoyed it much this year with that weather.

Oh I enjoy it in pretty much all weathers. If it's raining you just have to keep above about 60kph and the rain blows by overhead...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

What's the car? Do tell.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Hermy wrote: »
    What's the car? Do tell.
    Saab 900 afair.

• Advertisement

Blowfish wrote:
    Saab 900 afair.
    Ahem, utterly gorgeous and a joy to drive original Saab 900 I'll have you know. Not like these modern things... :)

This one...

two_saabs_small.jpg

Mind you, I was out driving today and the car was feeling a little 'wandery'. Jacked it up to look for worn suspension components and was horrified by one of the front wheels wobbling! :eek:

Turns out a driveshaft nut had worked loose. Tightened it up and peened over the locknut section and all is happy again...

I know that house!;)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

12.10, new kit, mountain bike, kilternan heading north

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

New kit this morning coming down from Glencree towards Enniskerry, going against the WW200 route.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Swords CC Tour, 1 new set of full boardsie kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Plastik wrote: »
    New kit this morning coming down from Glencree towards Enniskerry, going against the WW200 route.

Might have been me. Chasing Unionman and Gasco and wishing I had a working rear brake.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Swords CC Tour, 1 new set of full boardsie kit.

jimm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

daragh_ wrote: »
    Might have been me. Chasing Unionman and Gasco and wishing I had a working rear brake.

Probably was alright, was with two others that came against us. Probably 10.15 or so.

Passed someone wearing a new Boards jersey just after Enniskerry this morning. I hope you weren't having any serious mechanical issues.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Hermy wrote: »
    Passed someone wearing a new Boards jersey just after Enniskerry this morning. I hope you weren't having any serious mechanical issues.

Might have been me again. Punctured just before the bridge. Got eaten by flies.

Advertisement