Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Gave a beep to a boardsie wearing a short sleeve new jersey heading up the airport hill in cork today at about 5pm , got a wave back. second time ive seen this guy in the same place but still dont know who it is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Diego Murphy

Gave a beep to a boardsie wearing a short sleeve new jersey heading up the airport hill in cork today at about 5pm , got a wave back. second time ive seen this guy in the same place but still dont know who it is :(

That was me. 2nd person on here to spot me last night. I was on my way up to tour de munster training. Real thing starts next thursday morning at city hall so keep an eye out for the group then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

T2daK wrote: »
    what's a boards jersey

It's a cycling jersey made by us with the boards.ie logo on it.

Older one:
    77132_103056483097966_100001808434154_20148_5320151_n.jpg

Newer One:
    73154_103056583097956_100001808434154_20150_2129013_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

daragh_ wrote: »
    Blowfish last night and this morning on my commute.
    I'm NOT stalking you. Honest.
    I think that counts as me stalking you this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

cdaly_ in Clontarf this morning. Catches me from way back, then says "you were setting a grand pace" :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Blowfish wrote: »
    I think that counts as me stalking you this morning.

I wasn't wearing a Boards Jersey so technically I don't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rapid Rider

Someone passed me in a boards jersey/ this morning on an old clunker going from Kimmage to Christ Church. Fecker whoever you are! It's against the rules of physics to cycle an old bike that fast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Lumen I think on the quays this morning going past the Four Courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Yes, that would have to be the first sighting of me in new jersey, wouldn't it?? Young idiot on his phone. Probably still not aware of what he did.

Where were you?

I was cycling behind you, girl in a grey cardi on a single speed. We were kinda playing tag all the way to Raheny :)

I was cycling behind you, girl in a grey cardi on a single speed. We were kinda playing tag all the way to Raheny :)
    Ah right, didn't register you until I couldn't get back into my pedal at the wooden bridge. Hi anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

cdaly_ in Clontarf this morning. Catches me from way back, then says "you were setting a grand pace" :confused:

Ah sure you were. I had to sit in behind you gasping for a good bit before I could say hello...

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

5.30pm this evening in the Phoenix park just past Cabra gate. Emty I think, in old design full kit. I was driving in the same direction (nice and slowly over the ramps) so it was a perfect opportunity to display this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭buffalo

I saw keep_her_lit this morning - eastbound along the canal, passing Harold's Cross (where I was waiting at the lights) at about 8.15. No mistaking that bike once you've seen it once! :)

cdaly_ again, just by the North Bull Causeway at about 9.30.

Then a few minutes later another Boardsie, head down into the wind near Blackbanks.

Coming down off the SE yesterday in the Orwell Randonee I met someone in the new Jersey going up (the easy side!).

Also met someone in the new Jersey going into Enniskerry yesterday morning around 9. You were telling me about your Audax trips this year. Forgot to ask your name.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Coming down off the SE yesterday in the Orwell Randonee I met someone in the new Jersey going up (the easy side!).

That was mahoo. He slept it out so decided to cycle out part of the way and join in on the way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Sorry, I'm sure its been asked all over the place but I can't find it.

Where can I get my hands on some of the boards gear?

There's an order for short sleeved full zip ones here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056308378

Just add your interest to there. Basically someone every now and again suffers putting together an order!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm sure its been asked all over the place but I can't find it.

Where can I get my hands on some of the boards gear?

I still have a few left from the original order, if you PM your size (taken from here: http://www.carvalhocustom.com/downloads/carvalhocustom_sizing.pdf

i can tell you if I have any left that might fit you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Spotted about 5 different boardsie jerseys passing through Laragh yesterday on the Orwell Randonnee, too many to remember all the bikes, but I think one was on a blue Planet X? There was a group of us taking a break out in the middle of the grass, as the tables in front of the coffee shop were full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

cython wrote: »
    I think one was on a blue Planet X?

Gasco?

correct - was Gasco on the Blue PX.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Gasco

cython wrote: »
    one was on a blue Planet X?

Suprised you could make out the colour / make of the bike, I was going v. v. fast

Gasco wrote: »
    Suprised you could make out the colour / make of the bike, I was going v. v. fast

Blue Shift

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Looked like cdaly_ between Lusk and Skerries at 9:12 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

T'was indeed. 70km this morning via Skerries, Beaty's Lair, Balrothery, Naul etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Is there no Boards Shorts Sighting thread? :confused:
    Kemase outbound along the Clontarf cycle track this evening. Nice chatting with you, and thanks for the Strava segments!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kemase

RT66 wrote: »
    Is there no Boards Shorts Sighting thread? :confused:
    Kemase outbound along the Clontarf cycle track this evening. Nice chatting with you, and thanks for the Strava segments!

Thanks for dragging me home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Also met someone in the new Jersey going into Enniskerry yesterday morning around 9. You were telling me about your Audax trips this year. Forgot to ask your name.
    Hi Daragh, That was me, glad I just took it easy down to Laragh for cake and back, although it sounds like the Randonee went well. I've the work done now for Paris-Brest-Paris, and just a few easy spins before the start on 21st. Cheers, LG.

• Advertisement

LastGasp wrote: »
    Hi Daragh, That was me, glad I just took it easy down to Laragh for cake and back, although it sounds like the Randonee went well. I've the work done now for Paris-Brest-Paris, and just a few easy spins before the start on 21st. Cheers, LG.

Best of luck with it. I'm in awe!

Advertisement