Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Niceonetom out on the Trim Road doing the 25m TT course just before the Swords Club Championships this evening - despite being slowed down by his Boards jersey he still clocked a time that was about 2 and a half minutes faster than mine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Beasty wrote: »
    being slowed down by his Boards jersey...

That thing is like a goddam parachute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Old jersey turning right onto east wall road from east road.

Donal I think

And again yesterday evening around 1730-1745 coming onto the North Quays from New Wapping St

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tippx

Tour of Louth on sunday boards jersey on a Orbrea I think, Hola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

cdaly (I think) at about 8-00am this morning between Portmarnock and Malahide - heading for Malahide.

I was on the opposite side heading for Howth doing this......:)

fingerbang.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Jawgap wrote: »
    cdaly (I think) at about 8-00am this morning between Portmarnock and Malahide - heading for Malahide.

Yep, off on my epic 90k training spin for the Midsummer Night 160k next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

A reverse sighting...

I got a "Hey Boardsie" on the NCR as I was coming back from the park this evening at around 9.

I only realized what you said after I'd passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

New jersey at around 7 on clontarf cycle track - i was chewing the handlebars doing an interval into the wind but managed a wave and shout of 'boardie'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

A reverse sighting...

I got a "Hey Boardsie" on the NCR as I was coming back from the park this evening at around 9.

I only realized what you said after I'd passed.

Thats was me out walking the mutt, just spotted you as I came around the corner. I suspected you didn't hear me.

Nice spin in the park? If you ever want company, I'm just beside the park, so drop me a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

kennyb3 wrote: »
    New jersey at around 7 on clontarf cycle track - i was chewing the handlebars doing an interval into the wind but managed a wave and shout of 'boardie'

Looking good lad.
    T'was I spinning gently home...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Thats was me out walking the mutt, just spotted you as I came around the corner. I suspected you didn't hear me.

Nice spin in the park? If you ever want company, I'm just beside the park, so drop me a line.

It was a lovely evening. I was out for an easy hour after having a number of hard cycles last week and then a tough couple of days with a sick baby.

When I manage to plan a cycle in the park in advance, I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Said hello to someone in a jersey at the bottom of George's St turning onto Dame Street yesterday morning just after 8am. Sorry, it was early and I may not have made sense but I think you got the general gist of my greeting.

rachel wrote: »
    Said hello to someone in a jersey at the bottom of George's St turning onto Dame Street yesterday morning just after 8am. Sorry, it was early and I may not have made sense but I think you got the general gist of my greeting.

Hey, sorry, I was in a world of my own so didn't know how to react when you caught up with me! Nice to meet you.
    And again yesterday evening around 1730-1745 coming onto the North Quays from New Wapping St
    Old jersey turning right onto east wall road from east road.

Donal I think

Yup, all me. I think I spotted you on Cardiff Lane/Macken Street last Wednesday at around 5:30 or so.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

11:10am this morning, coming down Churchtown Rd., towards Joe Dalys. Gave a few toots instead of giving him the horn!:P
    White helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Boardsie spotted relaxing outside Centra in Roundwood around 1 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Sandymount 12:48, Cookie Monster? heading towards Irishtown.
    Was a bit late shouting as I was busy watching the wheel I was sucking. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

RT66 wrote: »
    Sandymount 12:48, Cookie Monster? heading towards Irishtown.
    Was a bit late shouting as I was busy watching the wheel I was sucking. :)

twas me alright. Didn't hear you though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

twas me alright. Didn't hear you though...

Didn't recognise you until the last minute, so wasn't quick enough.
    The guy in front of me heard it though, and was completely confused. "You shouted what?" "Why?" "Huh!" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I gave a double beep to somebody near the church at Lucan/Balgaddy, before the Earlsfort estate just a few mins ago at about 17:30. The face looked vaguely familiar, but I'm not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Planet X wrote: »
    11:10am this morning, coming down Churchtown Rd., towards Joe Dalys. Gave a few toots instead of giving him the horn!:P
    White helmet.
    Hey Planet X, that was me I think - heard the horn but was already past
    Neal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

I gave a double beep to somebody near the church at Lucan/Balgaddy, before the Earlsfort estate just a few mins ago at about 17:30. The face looked vaguely familiar, but I'm not sure!

That would have been myself Ide say, gave a little wave once I realized the beep was not just some angry driver ha! Was just on the way home from my first trip up the Wicklow mts since i moved to Dublin, lovely area!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Dublin Airport roundabout at 13.45 today...looking very annoyed :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Beasty just now on rathmore road in Lusk. Great morning for it :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

What were you doing up so early?:p

It was a glorious morning as you say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Beasty wrote: »
    What were you doing up so early?:p

It was a glorious morning as you say

Ha Ha Ha! Dropping herself to the bus. Went back to bed then for an hour - I wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Saw a Boards jersey with "Beastie" on the back this morning. Cruised past him taking it fairly easy on the way to work after the UK70.3 yesterday and another swim session planned for this evening. I had the number inked on my left calf, Mdot tattoo, white arm warmers and a red "TriStud" vest.

Anyway he hoons past me 5 minutes later, slaloms through two sets of lights and then immediately pulls right.

Crazy! AND he drafted off me for at least a kilometre.

Anyway when he overtook he would have seen my feet out of my shoes and known I was just coming to the bike/work transition.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

A bit late now I suppose but my only boardsie spot on the W200 was somebody signing on in the morning in the hall.
    Nodded at them as I was walking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

IMG_1412.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Cheers to whoever it was in the boards jersey at Oatlands on the N11 this morning who asked if I was alright (my chain came off mid acceleration from the lights and I almost snotted myself in the bus lane before thankfully staying upright!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

You did some serious acrobatics holding onto the bike - but they worked!

Advertisement