Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

leftism wrote: »
    That was me i think... Headin home to Celbridge! Was nice to meet some cyclists on the way home.

Indeed, i though about trying to catch up for a chat but had nothing in the tank unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

New jersey, westbound from Stephen's Green to Cuffe St around 17:40. Lumen?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kmpuskas

spotted boards jersey tonight on the way to sally's gap from the blessington side aprox 7.20. hats off and thanks for the wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Lemag wrote: »
    He could have done worse to tarnish the boards jersey rep. A couple of weeks ago on my first and thus far only outting with my boards jersey I was heading up a hill (towards victoria cross in Cork for those who know it). It was about 18.30 so traffic was quite heavy and slow moving. I overtook a middle/late aged female leisure cyclist on her heavy BSO. As there was plenty of room between the cars and the curb I was making my way up in between them and on towards the lights. However, as I was doing so I got distracted by a rather hot lady who was jogging in the opposite direction on the other side of the road. In a not so very steathly fashion I checked her out with languid turn of my head. The moment passed and I switched my attention back to the road only to see that I was about to hit the curb. I wasn't successful in avoiding it and with my feet clipped in there was only going to be one outcome. The female cyclist I'd passed earlier actually stopped as I picked myself up to see if I was ok. Fair play to her. My ego was bruised but nothing else.

hope you didnt scratch that sexy bike :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Griffith Avenue this morning at 8-15 - on a green (I think) bike with panniers at the junction with the Swords Road and waiting for the lights to change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

One earlier bout 530pm heading away from bull island/st annes park towards howth with a big bright yellow bag on their back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

hope you didnt scratch that sexy bike :(
    Cheers Deutschlandfurimmer7, however, the only damage done was to my ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Junction of Kenilworth Park and Harold's Cross rd this morning around 7.50am.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Junction of Kenilworth Park and Harold's Cross rd this morning around 7.50am.

That'd be me, were you on a Ti-like bike?

hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Yep was on the Ti Planet X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Someone in full new boards kit passed me going down Cruagh Road today at about 12.30.
    I was the one in the Orwell jersey struggling uphill!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Going to wager that was Diarmuid - passed him heading down from the Sally Gap just after 12

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I also passed a Boardsie on my way to Kippure about this time today.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Boardsie Cresting Mt Oriel yesterday in the Mid Louth 100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Met a Boardsie on my way to registration on Tour of Meath this morning, told him I was going to post the sighting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

On the cyclepath on way to Howth an hour ago. NO HELMET :rolleyes:

I was running towards Raheny, in lots of pain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

xz wrote: »
    Met a Boardsie on my way to registration on Tour of Meath this morning, told him I was going to post the sighting :D

Told u i'd be checking to see if u posted it on the boardsie sightings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Spotted one about 10 mins ago on Oliver Plunkett Road in Monkstown on what looked suspiciously like a BSO.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

This evening just before 7pm, eastbound on the Tallaght Bypass approaching the roundabout for the NBA. Head down, cadence up, working hard and moving at a fair clip ... intervals? Wasn't sure if you heard me until I got the nod back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Blowfish wrote: »
    Spotted one about 10 mins ago on Oliver Plunkett Road in Monkstown on what looked suspiciously like a BSO.

may have been me, but on a black Canyon white bars. I was around that way about then.
    christeb wrote: »

why the :rolleyes: ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

christeb wrote: »

I was running towards Raheny, in lots of pain

That was me sans helmet. It was just a casual very careful mostly cycle track spin.

why the :rolleyes: ?

Cause you must wear a helmet all the time.
    I'm wearing one now.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Hermy wrote: »
    Cause you must wear a helmet all the time.
    I'm wearing one now.

Dont think it is Law to wear a helmet. i cycle to and from work without one.

it only takes me around 10 mins to cycle to work and back. only trouble with cycling to work is a fecking hill

just found this on some site Pedal Cyclists Ireland

"As a cyclist, you are a vulnerable road user and your bicycle will not protect you if there is a crash. The law does not require you to wear a helmet. However, in the interest of road safety, and in your personal interest, you should wear a helmet at all times. "

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Cork24 wrote: »

it only takes me around 10 mins to cycle to work and back. only trouble with cycling to work is a fecking hill

Cork24 wrote: »

Who said anything about cycling?:D

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    Who said anything about cycling?:D

True when at home a book could fall from the Shelf and hit us on the head.

i think we cant all force people to wear a helmet.

After all to really be in a chance to walk away from a crash, you want a very good helmet at around 140 or more, i cant see the argos ones for 25euro doing the same job

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭32yg

Could someone please post up a pic of the boards jersey, as the wiki seems to be down:/

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

No more helmet talk. A helmet can't protect you from the ban-hammer.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

depends on how hard the hammer hits :D

But back to the point Wiki is down and cants find any place to get a look at the new boards jersey

Advertisement