Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DrGroove

I was dressed in black and on my way to a funeral (no word of a lie) on Sunday - saw guy in new Boardies kit cycling towards me, on the road to Hazelhatch from Newcastle, gave a wave, but he was too much in the zone to wave back.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

8:30ish last night new jersey headed north into a gale on the coast road in clontarf. You met 5 bikes sailing wind assisted into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

8:30ish last night new jersey headed north into a gale on the coast road in clontarf. You met 5 bikes sailing wind assisted into town.

T'was I. I thought I recognised one or two of you from Swords races alright. The wind was serious - I was in the small ring on the drops by the time I reached Kilbarrack. Thankfully the hill in Howth was much more sheltered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

T'was I. I thought I recognised one or two of you from Swords races alright. The wind was serious - I was in the small ring on the drops by the time I reached Kilbarrack. Thankfully the hill in Howth was much more sheltered.

Yeah guy at the front and myself at the back raced in swords last wednesday alright. Was on the way out two hours before you. Bloody hard work alright, I was glad to be heading back towards town at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

DrGroove wrote: »
    I was dressed in black and on my way to a funeral (no word of a lie) on Sunday - saw guy in new Boardies kit cycling towards me, on the road to Hazelhatch from Newcastle, gave a wave, but he was too much in the zone to wave back.:D

think this may have been me, the date fits and i was on that road, and i do get in the zone sometimes red helmet, on a black cube?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

This evening about 8.35 heading down Sandyford Road approaching Dundrum Town Centre. Old Jersey, cap and facial hair. I beeped, but was past by that time, going the opposite direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

LastGasp wrote: »
    This evening about 8.35 heading down Sandyford Road approaching Dundrum Town Centre. Old Jersey, cap and facial hair. I beeped, but was past by that time, going the opposite direction.

Pink Bike? If so it was me, but lost in my own world so didn't hear the beep!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Boards Jersey (Old School) spotted this morning jumping a red light :eek: (I shan't name and shame, but know who it is).... shame on you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Leap frogged someone in the old style jersey heading up Gardiner St. a couple of times today at about 17:15. They cut across us (I wasn't driving) and headed up Gardiner Lane.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

On the Lusk to Skerries road just after the Hills cricket club at Milverton this morning around 9.10. Seemed to be part of a large strung-out group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Just between Kiltiernan and Enniskerry at around 2pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭gerardduff

At old kilmainham cross this morning, 'bout 9.30. heading towards James St/Town

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Passed jimm this afternoon somewhere between Sally gap and Laragh. No idea what time it was, just focussing on fighting the headwind. Great tailwind on the way back though. Averaged over 30km/h from Laragh to Firhouse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

seamus wrote: »
    Passed jimm this afternoon somewhere between Sally gap and Laragh. No idea what time it was, just focussing on fighting the headwind. Great tailwind on the way back though. Averaged over 30km/h from Laragh to Firhouse :D

13.43 Garmin time, to be precise. Yeah, I thought it was you Seamus in the new jersey but just had time to say "Hiya Boards" as we passed. I was wind assisted as you were heading into the teeth of a gale. I had the head wind all the way to Laragh up and over the Wicklow Gap from the Blessington side, so was glad to get some relief on the homeward leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Boards in Connemara

110507233354_P.jpg110507144016_P.jpg

Yes that's me.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

Just between Kiltiernan and Enniskerry at around 2pm today.

could have been me. probably was cursing in to that headwind.. flew home with the tail wind later. took me 35mins from enniskerry to my front door in city centre, touching 55kph at times. wish there wasnt so many traffic lights :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Saw a boardsie on the quays in Dublin at about 5.50 this evening. New jersey if I recall. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

mahoo wrote: »
    could have been me. probably was cursing in to that headwind.. flew home with the tail wind later. took me 35mins from enniskerry to my front door in city centre, touching 55kph at times. wish there wasnt so many traffic lights :D

Wind was a killer all right. Practically came to a stop approaching the top of the Sally Gap. Hit 84kph on the way back near Ballinastoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

seen an old jersey this morning crossing the bridge N->S near IFSC...heading up city quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Spotted an 'old' jersey entering the Middleton Park Hotel on Saturday (4pm-ish).
    /I wonder what event he had been doing :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Saw the old one on Dame St this morning as we were both at the lights at the junction with Georges st.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Rew wrote: »
    Saw the old one on Dame St this morning as we were both at the lights at the junction with Georges st.

I was out that way around 9.40 - 9.50am if you were around at that time

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    I was out that way around 9.40 - 9.50am if you were around at that time

Yeah it was around then I think, spotted you at the lights while they were red you were heading on down towards trinity I was turning right down oppsite central bank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Where can I buy 1 :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Carpenter wrote: »
    Where can I buy 1 :D
    You could try here;)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Rew wrote: »
    Yeah it was around then I think, spotted you at the lights while they were red you were heading on down towards trinity I was turning right down oppsite central bank
    I was indeed, were you on a MTB?

19:20 tonight, going southwards up the hill on Rathfarnham Road towards Rathfarnham Village. New jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

7(ish) this evening enjoying the descent along Cruagh road. Know the face,forgotten the name.:o

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    I was indeed, were you on a MTB?

Yup, my normal route but I was heading in quite late this morn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭In the Woods

Spotted a Boards.ie jersey as he overtook me going up windgates this morning. Then leaving Shankill, he was a bit in front of me and had one of those moments where you stop, get your left foot unclipped but the bike has already begun to sway to the right so you frantically try to get your right foot unclipped before you hit the ground.

I did stop to see if he was ok and he said he was fine so I took off. I felt bad for having a smile to myself at the "bambi on ice" motion of the fall but only cos it's happened to me on so many occassions and I always wondered how it looked to someone else.

Then I get in to work and one of the pockets on the bag is unzipped and my wallet is gone. Mustn't have zipped it before I left and the wallet must have bounced out (someone found my mastercard but no wallet in the Donnybrook cycle lane).

So that'll teach me, don't ever smile at other people's misfortune.

Advertisement