Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Yesterday morning, 08.55 going south around college green towards nassau street, on a smashing looking canyon with sidi overshoes.

Chapeau, sir, very euro. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Yesterday.
    Phoenix Park, 6:30 approx.
    Going around roundabout at Islandbridge exit in the company of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    Yesterday.
    Phoenix Park, 6:30 approx.
    Going around roundabout at Islandbridge exit in the company of others.

Might have been me. Was up there doing laps with '68 Fastback. He was on the white Dolan with the super squeaky seatpost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Would bank on having seen a boardsie (new jersey) coming against me on the short arm of the Castleisland Bypass while out training tonight @ ~7.20pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I saw someone in the new jersey heading south on the R135/Old N2 at about 18:25 this evening. I beeped hello, but I think I got the "grr, asshole driver" look back :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Driving home from WAR in Glendalough today, saw a guy wearing a Boards Jersey (new design) on the Wicklow gap.

Gave him a friendly beep hello.

Probably around 3pm it was I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I saw someone in the new jersey heading south on the R135/Old N2 at about 18:25 this evening. I beeped hello, but I think I got the "grr, asshole driver" look back :)

That was me lol, I was clueless as to why I got beeped :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

half a dozen at the Kare Tour de Foothills today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

New short sleeved jersey heading towards the Green. I didn't shout as there was a bus about to go past you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Driving home from WAR in Glendalough today, saw a guy wearing a Boards Jersey (new design) on the Wicklow gap.

Gave him a friendly beep hello.

Probably around 3pm it was I think.
    Probably me. I remember a beep, but I wasn't sure why :)

Surprised you didn't see mvt too in the old gear who insisted that he had to chase me down after I passed him going up the gap. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Drumcondra, passing St Pats, long sleeve, think it was new jersey on a really nice purple stead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

seamus wrote: »
    Probably me. I remember a beep, but I wasn't sure why :)
    Surprised you didn't see mvt too in the old gear who insisted that he had to chase me down after I passed him going up the gap. :)

There were a few other bikes a good bit behind you, I didn't notice the old jersey though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Tonight at about 6-40pm - sucking a wheel coming out of Donabate :):)

new jersey following someone in a green one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

blorg wrote: »
    This is a bit of a self-sighting- the Indian immigration officer showed me a copy of this newspaper when I was getting stamped out of India on the Nepalese border a couple of days ago. I had met the reporter a couple of days previous in a little village in the middle of nowhere. It was my hardest day ever, over 40C and I felt like I was going to die of a heart attack. What it says I have no idea.

Image not working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@Raam- I try again.

This is a bit of a self-sighting- the Indian immigration officer showed me a copy of this newspaper when I was getting stamped out of India on the Nepalese border a couple of days ago. I had met the reporter a couple of days previous in a little village in the middle of nowhere. It was my hardest day ever, over 40C and I felt like I was going to die of a heart attack. What it says I have no idea.

156004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

@Raam- I try again.

such a media whore, blorg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

First class blorg. Fair play to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

What does it actually say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Something about Euro Compliance and Sandals...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

Looks like you are signing autographs :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

... What it says I have no idea.
    I've a colleague from Nepal, he might be able to translate for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Awesome!!!

It'd be cool to read a translation of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

CarolineM (I think) at the back of the park 10 past, quarter past 6 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Class blorg, nice work!

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Bumped into Funky Jeebus this morning heading into town along the quays. Both of us were making the most of this great weather and showing off the boardsie gear. I sported the new look while my colleague kept it old school...

Was great to meet ya man! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

What it says I have no idea

Translation from my most esteemed colleague - more a general gist than word for word translation:

"It is regarding one the Dubliner named Iowan Mashi travelling around the world (15000 km) by bicycle. He travelled UK, france, turkey, iran, oman, Syberia, UAE, Pakistan and finally reached India where he was cheered in indian fashion. He mentioned that his journey to india was of complete new experience and dedicated his success on the long run to his wife for all time support. He will be making his journey to Nepal."

Nice one Iowan! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Gaspode wrote: »
    Translation from my most esteemed colleague - more a general gist than word for word translation:

"It is regarding one the Dubliner named Iowan Mashi travelling around the world (15000 km) by bicycle. He travelled UK, france, turkey, iran, oman, Syberia, UAE, Pakistan and finally reached India where he was cheered in indian fashion. He mentioned that his journey to india was of complete new experience and dedicated his success on the long run to his wife for all time support. He will be making his journey to Nepal."

Fantastic. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

uberwolf wrote: »
    CarolineM (I think) at the back of the park 10 past, quarter past 6 this evening.

I was on my way to the track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Gaspode wrote: »

Wow. "Iowan" goes cycling. Comes back married. :eek:

Advertisement