Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Roundwood, today, 14.20.

159055.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

You were in a car Raam? I'm very disappointed in you....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I was watching the Shay Elliott. Another thread to follow once I upload photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Jawgap wrote: »
    Today (sunday) about 1-00pm heading north on the R108 (Beamore Road?) towards Drogheda - long sleeve jersey with maybe a gilet over it. Didn't clock the bike but I tooted twice.

Yeah think that was me. I was coming from the wind tunnel that the Julianstown - Dulleek Road was this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Today - North Tipp Wheelers tour of Lough Derg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

michaelm wrote: »
    Today - North Tipp Wheelers tour of Lough Derg.

You were overtaking me on that first hill if i remember correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

I think it was cdaly I saw today around 9.40 am on Griffith Avenue. I turned down Clare Road just before you passed the top of it.

That's the first time I've seen you in a while. There was a time where every morning I was on Griffith Avenue I saw you...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I guess you're getting out later so. Come summer, I should be passing around 8.30...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

I was passed by someone in an old style boards jersey at around 9:30 this morning on the Chapelizod Bypass stretch of the N4.

In my defence I was trying to adjust my rear derailleur without getting my fingers caught in the wheel etc etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Yi Harr wrote: »
    I was passed by someone in an old style boards jersey at around 9:30 this morning on the Chapelizod Bypass stretch of the N4.

In my defence I was trying to adjust my rear derailleur without getting my fingers caught in the wheel etc etc etc...

That might have been myself just at the base of the little climb up to the lights was it? I was on a old white raleigh flyer with a huge bag on my back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's someone who works in my place off Harcourt St I saw locking up his bike around 8:40 this morning. There are almost enough of us in here at this stage to have our own boards team...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    That might have been myself just at the base of the little climb up to the lights was it? I was on a old white raleigh flyer with a huge bag on my back

Yup, that was the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Yup, that was the one.

Il say hello if i see you again, pass down that way most mornings around that time during the week

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Spotted a jersey under a rain jacket in terenure at around 7:10pm last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Spotted a L/S jersey. Heading along Cuffe Street/Lower Kevin Street and on to the Coombe.
    On a black felt at about 5:45
    Was right behind you but you didn't seem to notice the jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Me ! That's a first. Went out for a normal spin from Dundrum to Woodenbridge and ran into the Shay Elliott too, watched them round the turn in Woodenbridge, then headed back to Laragh for some grub, and then had to wait 'til they passed again - I didn't want to show them up.
    Raam wrote: »
    Roundwood, today, 14.20.

159055.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

More a self viewing but this what your face looks like after 600km of headwind!

mark%20and%20priddy%201280.jpg

the guy beside me is a representation of what i would look like if I had better genetics, eat well and took better care of my health :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

CramCycle wrote: »

the guy beside me is a representation of what i would look like if I had better genetics, eat well and took better care of my health :(

Should you post him on the 'Images of Beauty' thread instead then?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

I hope there's a "CramCycle Special" BCM Report on the way !
    CramCycle wrote: »

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Spotted someone with new Boards jersey cycling between Terenure and Rathfarnham around noon today.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

LastGasp wrote: »
    I hope there's a "CramCycle Special" BCM Report on the way !

+1. More detail CramCycle.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hermy wrote: »
    Spotted someone with new Boards jersey cycling between Terenure and Rathfarnham around noon today.

I'm pretty sure that was me! Were you cycling at the time too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    Spotted a L/S jersey. Heading along Cuffe Street/Lower Kevin Street and on to the Coombe.
    On a black felt at about 5:45
    Was right behind you but you didn't seem to notice the jersey.

sorry i think i remember this, i did spot the jersey gave you the nod wasnt sure if you'd called out to me, not used all this boards ethic, bike a cube not felt but colour and destnation fit in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I'm pretty sure that was me! Were you cycling at the time too?

Nah, getting a taxi into town.:o

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I rare sighting of a boards-clad Gavin this morning in Carsleknock.

All his fakenger stuff must be in the wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

yesterday evening, around 6.45, heading up past the spar in kilmainham on a blue (?) bike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

G rock wrote: »
    yesterday evening, around 6.45, heading up past the spar in kilmainham on a blue (?) bike

Two in a row !
    Lumen wrote: »
    I rare sighting of a boards-clad Gavin this morning in Carsleknock.

All his fakenger stuff must be in the wash.

I figured the Gardai wouldn't give me no guff with me boards gear. It goes down better than my traditional skin tight jeans

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Think i saw a boardsie @ Blackrock (Frascati Rd traffic lights) on Wednesday at 5.20pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

I think I saw a boardsie in plain clothes in Against the Grain on Friday night. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Saw someone with the pink jersey going through booterstown this evening, do-rag flapping in the wind.

Advertisement