Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭OldPeculier

el tonto wrote: »
    New style jersey, with Caisse d'Epargne shorts, cycling the wrong way up Harcourt St yesterday. ;)

T'was me. Guilty as charged! :o

Was trying out a new route home. Back to Camden St for me!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Donal???? yesterday around 17:30 on New Wapping St and again at around 08:15 on East Road this morning.

Donal???? yesterday around 17:30 on New Wapping St and again at around 08:15 on East Road this morning.

Yup, 5-3 I think it is now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Saw someone in original Boards Jersey stopped at the lights on Lincon Place (just at the top of Westland Row) at about 4.40pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Spotted a new Boards jersey on Gardiner Street this morning at about 8.20.

I think he was cycling a titanium bike (maybe an Enigma)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Probably me - I was in long sleeves on a Sabbath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

iv climbed wicklow mountains, iv toured kildare, iv cycled in and out of work, but yet iv not been spotted, im going have take long way in at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Jawgap wrote: »
    Probably me - I was in long sleeves on a Sabbath.

I just looked up Sabbaths and it was yourself alright. I was accross the road with one of my kids. I had to drive in this morning as he wanted to come to work for the day with Daddy.

keenan110 wrote: »
    Saw someone in original Boards Jersey stopped at the lights on Lincon Place (just at the top of Westland Row) at about 4.40pm today.

Wahoo! The old jersey must be more visible than the new one. Spotted two weeks in a row.

Twenty minutes later you could have spotted me in a heap on the clontarf cycle path after a collision with a car. Bike & everyone ok (for now at least) thank God but shoulder still quite sore/stiff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

manafana wrote: »
    iv climbed wicklow mountains, iv toured kildare, iv cycled in and out of work, but yet iv not been spotted, im going have take long way in at this rate.

I know what you're going through, you come home after a long spin through Kilkenny, Carlow, Kildare and Laois, you see BJS unread, could it be me this time? Sighting quays this morning, awwww shucks. Later that evening it's marked unread again, saw one up the Sally Gap and waved hello, FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

WTwenty minutes later you could have spotted me in a heap on the clontarf cycle path after a collision with a car. Bike & everyone ok (for now at least) thank God but shoulder still quite sore/stiff.

Yikes! Which bit? I had one driver cross in front of me into the carpark at the bus garage. Saw us coming, slowed and then sailed on in front of us anyway... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Saw a swords rider yesterday at Turvey commercial estate yesterday evening at approx 7:10pm. Beeped at him to say hi and from the bemused look around he gave I knew he was like "who is that!?!".

Anyway, if it was you and you saw me in my white ford fiesta van with writing all over it - I was just saying hi to a fellow club member!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Last night heading down into Drumcondra from Whitehall about 17:45. White and red boards jersey. Stopped at lights at junction of richmond road where iwent left and he went straight...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Yikes! Which bit? I had one driver cross in front of me into the carpark at the bus garage. Saw us coming, slowed and then sailed on in front of us anyway... :mad:

Yeah - the exact same spot. Heading towards Howth. There are STOP signs at all the crossing locations into and out of that car park but.......

For once I was grateful for the headwind against me, although I slow quite a bit when going through that section anyway

Shoulder better today after good nights sleep.

^^^ Needmoregears again this morning.

I think I saw thetaxman at the Ballyboden Road/Taylor's Lane roundabout last night too, wearing an anpost jersey though, does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

think I passed Seamus this morning - around 8am on the Ballycullen rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Last night heading down into Drumcondra from Whitehall about 17:45. White and red boards jersey. Stopped at lights at junction of richmond road where iwent left and he went straight...
    Black bike fixed wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Black bike fixed wheel?

Yes. The way the legs were spinning going down the hill past the regency hotel it looked liked fixed wheel. I think there was also someone else ahead of us in strange green shorts!!!

Dónal wrote: »

I think I saw thetaxman at the Ballyboden Road/Taylor's Lane roundabout last night too, wearing an anpost jersey though, does that count?

Not me I'm sorry to say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

think I passed Seamus this morning - around 8am on the Ballycullen rd.
    Yep, later than usual. Myself and the wife had difficulty dragging ourselves out of bed before 7:45. Of course it's my fault because she assumed it was still early because I hadn't gotten up yet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Yes. The way the legs were spinning going down the hill past the regency hotel it looked liked fixed wheel. I think there was also someone else ahead of us in strange green shorts!!!

LOL that was me alright. My bike is Seriously under geared ATM. Were you single speed yourself sporting a Brooks saddle?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Spotted a boards jersey about to tackle Lugnakuilla yesterday late morning in a group of three

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

New Jersey heading north on the N11 just after Cherrywood. 2:20 roughly. No helmet and with one other rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Today. Saw and 'beeped' two lads in the new jersey as they headed up the Wicklow Gap from the Holywood side. They had a chap in a Carrera top for company.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Today. Saw and 'beeped' two lads in the new jersey as they headed up the Wicklow Gap from the Holywood side. They had a chap in a Carrera top for company.

Twas me and Seamus in the boards jerseys :) (with Harrybelafonte)
    don't remember being beeped... musta been all that rain distracting me
    daragh_ wrote: »
    New Jersey heading north on the N11 just after Cherrywood. 2:20 roughly. No helmet and with one other rider.

Also me, a bit later in the spin, mere moment from a nice hot shower by then

I also spotted Seamus (for a few hours) today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Old boards jersey coming out of enniskerry heading toward stepaside as I was heading in late on saturday morning. I gave a slightly over enthusiastic "boardsie" yell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Full new kit heading up Military Road from Glencree side. Passed you at about 3:40. I was in the Skil kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Full new kit heading up Military Road from Glencree side. Passed you at about 3:40. I was in the Skil kit.

If that heading was back to town that could have been me suffering on a black Dolan. Was that a motor on your rear hub or one of those measuring yokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

souter wrote: »
    If that heading was back to town that could have been me suffering on a black Dolan. Was that a motor on your rear hub or one of those measuring yokes?
    yeah that was me. Powertap on the rear hub. Did a spin to Laragh and back over Sally Gap. Brutal headwind on the way back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Diarmuid wrote: »
    yeah that was me. Powertap on the rear hub. Did a spin to Laragh and back over Sally Gap. Brutal headwind on the way back

Sure was, did Laragh then Wicklow Gap feeling incredibly strong (i.e. tailwind), but coming back Blessington side of Sally Gap had to pay the piper and came the closest yet to losing my lunch through exertion.

Advertisement