Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

:eek:
    leftism wrote: »
    Bumped into Funky Jeebus this morning heading into town along the quays. Both of us were making the most of this great weather and showing off the boardsie gear. I sported the new look while my colleague kept it old school...

Was great to meet ya man! :D

Indeed, was good to meet you too, twas a nice pre work chat.

You showed me up decked out in full boards gear looking awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

On a Felt stopped at red lights at the junction of Blackhorse Avenue & Aughrim St.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Gaspode wrote: »
    "...oman, Syberia, UAE..."

That's quite a detour!:p

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

On a Felt stopped at red lights at the junction of Blackhorse Avenue & Aughrim St.

That would have been me, just about home. Hello;)

Was that you stopped the other side of the lights going the other way. Hi viz or yellow top??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

funkyjebus wrote: »
    That would have been me, just about home. Hello;)

Was that you stopped the other side of the lights going the other way. Hi viz or yellow top??

Yup that was me in the Telly Tubby jacket beginning my journey home - hello!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Whats a derailleur?

blorg wrote: »
    @Raam- I try again.

This is a bit of a self-sighting- the Indian immigration officer showed me a copy of this newspaper when I was getting stamped out of India on the Nepalese border a couple of days ago. I had met the reporter a couple of days previous in a little village in the middle of nowhere. It was my hardest day ever, over 40C and I felt like I was going to die of a heart attack. What it says I have no idea.

156004.jpg

A 'simplistic' English version of the piece...

The craze of traveling the world encourages an irish couple to travel by cycle.

They complete a 12 thousand km distance.

Mahsi ( Baharahich ) 17 april - An irish couple were so enamoured to travel the world that they started organising for a cycle trip. Till now, this couple travelling through many countries, have completed 12000 kms. On sunday, eoin, a dubliner, travelling through Mahsi county, reached the Bhagwanpur crossing where he shared his travel experiences with young people. They welcomed him with warmth and explained to him the indian culture. Eoin disclosed that in this expedition his wife Julia was also with him, and at that particular time she was travelling in Nanpara. Eoin also said that he had reached india travelling through great britain, france, turkey, iran, oman, syria, uae and pakistan. His next stop would be Nepal. Eoin said that while travelling through india, he had achieved many experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

he had achieved many experiences.

:D
    that makes it sound like he was high off his face :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

New jersey spotted outbound on the N4 just before the motorway at Leixlip at 2:30ish yesterday. Didn't see the bike as I was in the outside lane getting out of the city for the weekend. He looked to be working quite hard (probably won't get anyone claiming it now).

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaycl

Seen a boards jersey in mullingar at 10.30 this morning along with 3 other riders

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

shaycl wrote: »
    Seen a boards jersey in mullingar at 10.30 this morning along with 3 other riders

I reckon I saw the same 4 on the back roads near Ballygar (East Galway) at about 14.00. I was in the open Saab as ye were climbing a small hill just before a river crossing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭mvt

The above two were tbe Fleche team who arrived back to Dundrum at the ungodly hour of 7am after 24 hours and 452km.
    There was actually five in the team-four from the boards,Andreas,Cadex,Last Gasp and Old Rottenhat.The other team member was John O sullivan from Sorrento.
    Well done to all,a fabulous achievement and bear in mind they all diid a lot more k's door to door with Andreas and Cadex still on their way home as I type heading for somewhere in the region of 500k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Having the press (ok, emty) show up with cameras (ok, one camera) at the finish line made it particularly special. cdaly, we did see you...nice neck of the woods you live in.

I'm now trying to figure whether beer or ibuprofen will be the better anaesthetic. Maybe ibuprofen chased with beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

shaycl wrote: »
    cdaly_ wrote: »
    I reckon I saw the same 4 on the back roads near Ballygar (East Galway) at about 14.00. I was in the open Saab as ye were climbing a small hill just before a river crossing...

I thought we got a few friendly beeps all right (together with plenty of unfriendly ones) and the shout from cdaly. Those two were me, with the Fleche Team as mentioned. Definitely my furthest from home "spots". Friday 7am O'Connell Bridge, then Mullingar, Roscommon, Galway, Ballinasloe, Tullamore, Kildare, Blessington and back to finish Saturday 7am at Stephen Roche Monument in Dundrum. 24 hours, 453 km. Cheers, LG.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

great achievement!

are you gonna put up an account of it anywhere? and likewise any of the other teams involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

New jersey spotted outbound on the N4 just before the motorway at Leixlip at 2:30ish yesterday. Didn't see the bike as I was in the outside lane getting out of the city for the weekend. He looked to be working quite hard (probably won't get anyone claiming it now).

That was me, making the most of the good weather and trying to break my PB for the commute home. I ended up missing the time by about 15 secs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

New jersey old shorts on Etape Ras Mumhan

New Jersey New Shorts climbing Conor Pass at 2pm as I was descending. Think we also passed on the climb between Camp and Anascaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

New Jersey roundabout top of the north road in Drogheda around 12 today, I seen the rest of the Wheelers a minute later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Smithzer wrote: »
    New Jersey roundabout top of the north road in Drogheda around 12 today, I seen the rest of the Wheelers a minute later.
    Mise, hanging back and not getting involved in the usual sprint from Collon, too bloody tired after the mast climb yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

macadam wrote: »
    Mise, hanging back and not getting involved in the usual sprint from Collon, too bloody tired after the mast climb yesterday..

I kinda guessed, I gave you the honor of posting it in here as opposed to the DW thread, nice day for it.

Smithzer wrote: »
    I kinda guessed, I gave you the honor of posting it in here as opposed to the DW thread, nice day for it.

Great day, started of dull and cool but brightened up lovely, getting fair good groups out for every spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

ROK ON wrote: »
    That would have been me. :D
    Spotted GarminGuy at the finish line and someone else coming the other way just before camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

Passed someone in the old jersey coming out of Malahide toward Portmarnock about 4:30 this afternoon. Only person on the spin who saluted me - think I nodded but probably not in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

ROK ON wrote: »

New Jersey New Shorts climbing Conor Pass at 2pm as I was descending. Think we also passed on the climb between Camp and Anascaul.

that was me both times
    the second sighting, i think, great day to be on a bike today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

mfdc wrote: »
    Passed someone in the old jersey coming out of Malahide toward Portmarnock about 4:30 this afternoon. Only person on the spin who saluted me - think I nodded but probably not in time!

Hello again that was me - saw the nod. One of the few I got all day!

Great day for a quickie (ok a slowie) over to Howth and back

Boards jersey new style, Grangebellew to Dunleer rd about 4mins ago (9.25am) with a group of 3/4, nice morning for a spin but Im off to play boring golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

macadam wrote: »
    Boards jersey new style, Grangebellew to Dunleer rd about 4mins ago (9.25am) with a group of 3/4, nice morning for a spin but Im off to play boring golf.

That was me I reckon. Yea, turned into a lovely mild morning after a nippy start.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

Spotted an old style jersey around 6pm this evening at the lights at Terenure college, we were traveling in opposite directions I gave and received a nod.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Aha. I was wondering who the guy staring over with the big smile was :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

New style jersey, with Caisse d'Epargne shorts, cycling the wrong way up Harcourt St yesterday. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

seamus wrote: »
    Aha. I was wondering who the guy staring over with the big smile was :D

The big smile was because it was a great evning to be on a bike, sun was shining, legs left good and i was beating the traffic all the way :D

Advertisement