Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Rew wrote: »
    Yup, my normal route but I was heading in quite late this morn.

Might see you around again some day so. I usually head down Essex St but the cobbles are a disaster when wet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

First time for a while ... tiiiiiiimber. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I did stop to see if he was ok and he said he was fine so I took off. I felt bad for having a smile to myself at the "bambi on ice" motion of the fall but only cos it's happened to me on so many occassions and I always wondered how it looked to someone else.
    The rule is that these things only happen at the worst time. On Monday I was passed by a guy clearly out training, and I caught up with him at the next set of lights, me going left, him going straight. When the light went green, I went to clip in my right foot, but the cleat didn't engage and my foot went flying downwards towards the ground. Didn't wobble or fall, but it's one of those times where you know you look like a complete fred. It hadn't happened before that for longer than I can remember. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

7(ish) this evening enjoying the descent along Cruagh road. Know the face,forgotten the name.:o

Probably me.... I passed quite a few cyclists including one guy in new boards kit stretching at the bottom of the descent. That you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

seamus wrote: »
    The rule is that these things only happen at the worst time.

Last Sunday in Laragh at the cafe around 9.30. Hopped back on the bike trying to look slick and suave in front of two very attractive ladies who had just pulled in. Cleat slips, clunk, crunch, slip. Manage to get it back in, find I'm stuck in the big ring facing the wrong way up a hill. Wobbled slowly away looking like an even bigger dork them I actually am. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Spotted someone cycling passed the airport at 08:20-ish, heading towards town. I was on a bus:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Spotted someone cycling passed the airport at 08:20-ish, heading towards town. I was on a bus:(

If it was a long sleeve version and there was a silver back-pack it was me - I was running a bit late today.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Boards Jersey under jilet (almost didn't recognise it)
    6pm yesterday - Phoenix Park - Chesterfield Avenue between castleknock gate roundabout and Phoenix Monumnet. (Tut tut, phoenix park salmon!)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Bachelors Walk at approx 8.50am, on a blue felt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    6pm yesterday - Phoenix Park - Chesterfield Avenue between castleknock gate roundabout and Phoenix Monumnet. (Tut tut, phoenix park salmon!)

Was me on my way to a race. I am allowed going the wrong way, because I can cycle properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    Bachelors Walk at approx 8.50am, on a blue felt

That would have been me I think. Its a black felt, blue tyres? Very late for work this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

7(ish) this evening enjoying the descent along Cruagh road. Know the face,forgotten the name.:o
    That was me - good to see you - how's the knee?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Probably me.... I passed quite a few cyclists including one guy in new boards kit stretching at the bottom of the descent. That you?
    Think it was me the tax_man passed - spotted him in the Orwell kit and gave a nod.

Yea you gave me a fright Diarmuid, that was me stretching before doing the hillclimb simulation for this evening (not looking forward to it) - when you came whizzing past saying hello. Nice bike you have there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

I saw a Boards jersey in the Phoenix park in Dublin, at about 1pm, 'you' were cycling past the zoo, with no hands ( probably to show off the jersey ) heading towards town exit ... on the wrong side of the cycle lane!
    Robertd_07 wrote:
    Was me on my way to a race. I am allowed going the wrong way, because I can cycle properly.

Ahhhh, ive waited 3 years for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Ahhhh, ive waited 3 years for this :D
    3 years ago I was still wearing black socks ... it doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DrGroove

manafana wrote: »
    think this may have been me, the date fits and i was on that road, and i do get in the zone sometimes red helmet, on a black cube?

I think that's right - with glasses - hello again.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

joker77 wrote: »
    Nice bike you have there
    Was trying out some 50mm carbon wheels. They make all bikes look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

2 new Boards Jersey sightings on consecutive evenings. They're out and about alright.

1st.... Wed. 11th May 5.34pm Pearse st. crossing the Grand Canal Basin heading towards Ringsend. Lone rider.

2nd.....This evening 12th May 6.45pm as you passed through Saggart village with another cyclist. I gave the "Hi Boardsie" shout, not sure if you heard me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

jimm wrote: »

1st.... Wed. 11th May 5.34pm Pearse st. crossing the Grand Canal Basin heading towards Ringsend. Lone rider.

Probably myself if on a red Specialized :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

joker77 wrote: »
    Think it was me the tax_man passed - spotted him in the Orwell kit and gave a nod.

Yea you gave me a fright Diarmuid, that was me stretching before doing the hillclimb simulation for this evening (not looking forward to it) - when you came whizzing past saying hello. Nice bike you have there

T'was me in the Orwell kit. Sorry for the lack of a big "HELLO" but I was puffing and panting at that stage.
    The knee is behaving itself so far this year,going for an MRI scan on Monday just to check things over. Cheers for asking.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

New jersey and TT bars, 9.30 this morning, into the wind on the Sutton-Clontarf path. And looking mean, I must say.

I was the one with the sail empty child seat on the back, putting in no effort at all.

Heading down Leeson Street towards the Green about 8.45 this AM. Old Style Shorts and a red jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

New jersey and TT bars, 9.30 this morning, into the wind on the Sutton-Clontarf path. And looking mean, I must say.

I was the one with the sail empty child seat on the back, putting in no effort at all.

Thank you thank you. Nothing like the aerobars in a headwind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

daragh_ wrote: »
    Heading down Leeson Street towards the Green about 8.45 this AM. Old Style Shorts and a red jacket.
    Sounds like me, was trying out the new(ish) track along the canal, its been a while since I've been spotted.

I presume it was yourself at the lights?

Blowfish wrote: »
    Sounds like me, was trying out the new(ish) track along the canal, its been a while since I've been spotted.

I presume it was yourself at the lights?

I was at the lights coming from Upper Pembroke Street. Doubt you saw me. PX Jersey, Charge plug. Have stopped wearing my lovely Boards jersey for commuting as it's getting trashed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    Might see you around again some day so. I usually head down Essex St but the cobbles are a disaster when wet

Yeah if I spot you ill say hello, thats my usual route but normally earlier.

Possible sighting in rathfarnham, grange road, near the Eden today at 1120 or so. MTB and a backpack.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

He wasn't wearing boardsie kit but i thought id give it a mention. passed neil jordan on a road bike on the back road from enniskerry to roundwood today. he was blowing hard coming up a hill. wonder if he was dropping in to daniel day lewis :D... maybe we can expect a cycling film soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's funny, I passed Keith Duffy out jogging on the Ballybrack road yesterday. Obviously getting into shape for their tour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Today (sunday) about 1-00pm heading north on the R108 (Beamore Road?) towards Drogheda - long sleeve jersey with maybe a gilet over it. Didn't clock the bike but I tooted twice.

Advertisement