Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭dare2be

Boards jersey spotted in the tour of Carlingford yesterday. I was the solo rider heading in the opposite direction near the entrance to Ballymac hotel. Just caught the jersey at the last minute so it was a hurried salute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Mothman wrote: »
    Boards jersey passed me south side of Glencree valley (west of Crone) at c10.15am today

I didn't call out but I was the one with daughter on a trailer bike. The boards wearer was very impressed! Trying to remember his exact words, I think it was "Brilliant, absolutely brilliant"

That was me - it was Brilliant. Absolutely Brilliant. How far did ye go?

NMG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

That was me - it was Brilliant. Absolutely Brilliant. How far did ye go?

NMG
    There was a parking issue at an orienteering event, so decided to park in Crone carpark and bike the last 4k tothe competition area.
    This is the trailerbike Very handing for transporting the child and they help on the hills as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

jimm wrote: »
    Was wearing new style Boards shorts though :D. Never noticed you Seamus. When you say "beep" do you mean you were driving?
    Yeah, was in the car going over the gap. Wouldn't expect ye to recognise me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Lumen this morning on the new bike. I like matt black and the bottle cages are nice, Elite carbon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ROK ON wrote: »
    Lumen this morning on the new bike. I like matt black and the bottle cages are nice, Elite carbon?

Plastic plastic, not carbon plastic. :pac:

Specialized Rib Cage, "black matte" from bike24. I think they're new for 2011.

Looking pretty damn stylish yourself.

I may never be a cyclist, but I feel it's important to look like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

Lumen wrote: »

How did you get over the "Unfortunately this item cannot be shipped outside Germany"?

How did you get over the "Unfortunately this item cannot be shipped outside Germany"?

I ignored it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Spotted Lumen today at 8.47 on Bachelors Walk in the new kit.

Bike's looking nice btw!

• Advertisement

Old jersey on East Road heading away from East Wall Road towards city centre. Around 1730-1745 Tuesday evening.

Old jersey on East Road heading away from East Wall Road towards city centre. Around 1730-1745 Tuesday evening.

Sounds like me, was that you with the new jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Damnit why do they red, and blue but not green, the other primary colour :(

kenmc wrote: »
    Damnit why do they red, and blue but not green, the other primary colour :(

Yellow is also in the club colours, and looks a bit greeny to me.

G50UpRUl.png

Dónal wrote: »
    Sounds like me, was that you with the new jersey?

Yep - we seem to be travelling in opposite directions at around 8am and 5-6pm. Although you're winning 3-1 in the spotting stakes (gonna have to clean those glasses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Yellow is also in the club colours, and looks a bit greeny to me.
    Not greeny enough to go with my bartape and wheels tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Spotted on Kevin st just after 5.30 silver helmet and bag on te back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Reverse spotting of Raam this evening on the Clontarf cycle path. He whizzed by me looking effortless. I naturally gave chase pushing better than 40kph from Alfie Byrne road until I lost sight of him around the Bull Island causeway! Well chuffed that I was able to keep him in my sights for that long...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Old style jersey 8am just gone over M50 on Ballycullen road heading towards Knocklyon.......Seamus?

Yep :)

• Advertisement

New jersey.
    White trek.
    2 mins ago.
    Castleknock heading in direction of the park.

(lose the combat shorts, you a cyclist not David Bellamy).

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

ROK ON wrote: »
    New jersey.
    White trek.
    2 mins ago.
    Castleknock heading in direction of the park.

(lose the combat shorts, you a cyclist not David Bellamy).

That's a bit harsh. I wasn't even wearing sandals!
    Nobody needs to see me in semi-opaque cycling shorts that early in the morning, even me. (Or at any time of the day to be honest)

New jersey, Rathfarnham Road just before Rathfarnham Village heading south (I assume up the hills), today at 12:42.

Dónal this morning on Richmond St. :)

You probably saw me getting caught on the wrong side of the road at those ped lights...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Spotted a jersey heading for the hills accompanied by a civilian just outside Enniskerry yesterday at about 11.40. I was just about to finish a hilly solo 120k but managed to croak a "hey boardsie".

seamus wrote: »
    Dónal this morning on Richmond St. :)

You probably saw me getting caught on the wrong side of the road at those ped lights...

Yup, hello.

Didn't see a thing though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

On a Ridley, taking the right at the Yellow House heading up the mountains. 'Bout 12.30 Sunday naturally!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Plastik

New jersey at the Lombard St./Pearse St. lights this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

New Jersey

Just passing the Stepaside public golf course southbound on the Enniskerry road @ 17.40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Spotted a jersey heading for the hills accompanied by a civilian just outside Enniskerry yesterday at about 11.40. I was just about to finish a hilly solo 120k but managed to croak a "hey boardsie".

That was me heading up the hills for my 120k and tea/sandwich/scone in Glencree:o. It was a cracking day, best so far.

Hello.

Advertisement