Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

funkyjebus wrote: »
    That would have been me, I'd say. Black felt.

That was it alright -hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I had moved on from my sprint training to lookin-cool-on-my-bike training.

It's something you are born with, not something you can train.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Just before 9. New jersey on Stephen's Green, near Anglo. Stuck in traffic/sheltering from the wind. Gave a shout and then rushed into work to report sighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

Lumen & Diarmuid, yesterday. Not together. Both oozing euroness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

daragh_ wrote: »
    Just before 9. New jersey on Stephen's Green, near Anglo. Stuck in traffic/sheltering from the wind. Gave a shout and then rushed into work to report sighting.

That was me - called back but barely heard it myself. My normal 50min spin turned into 80mins of hards work this morning. So .. Hello!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

That was me - called back but barely heard it myself. My normal 50min spin turned into 80mins of hards work this morning. So .. Hello!

Will be fun going home. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Coming down Drumcondra road this morning around 8.40 am, new jersey with plain black tights. Couldn't make out the bike as I was directly behind. I was on the bus unfortunately as I had to leave the commuter in work yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

That would've been me - quite late this morning because of the wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

New type kit heading into Drogheda about 6pm (near the Glenside hotel)
    I was heading to Dublin (white van) I beeped! :)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

New kit coming down Sandyford road 7ish this evening. I thought it was Diarmuid again, so eh, apologies for waving like a lunatic *cough*

• Advertisement

furiousox wrote: »
    New type kit heading into Drogheda about 6pm (near the Glenside hotel)
    I was heading to Dublin (white van) I beeped! :)

Me - heading home.

I heard the beep but you were gone before I could finger bang you!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

My first sighting. Orange and navy jersey with beanie cap going along the Grand Canal from Suir Road towards Rathmines. Around 6:25ish this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Me again ! Fame is striking again at long last.

I also saw the President in the Phoenix park this morning. Her army driver gave me the boards 3 toot salute, so I deigned to wave to her. I then saw Lumen in his Orwell gear and nodded at him. He refused to acknowledge me, so I waved vigorously like a moron at him. This forced him to respond and he waved back, not as enthusiastically. I continued on my way and then saw Lumen again, this time in his boards.ie gear... He waved without being prompted this time around. Oops. Stupid eyesight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Old gear, grapvine shop at bottom of ballymun road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Old gear, grapvine shop at bottom of ballymun road

Could be me heading home. Long sleeves on a Giant with a rack bag on the back...

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

yesterday evening around 6.30, someone in old jersey at behaving very well at the pedestrian crossing at kenilworth, then headed off towards sundrive. let a feeble "boardsie" call out but got carried away on wind i think

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭mvt

Sounds like me with the time and the place though not with the behaviour :).
    Was on my way back from a nice spin with Barrabus.
    Was out with Astrimonti and Tiny Explosions today to Laragh.Headwrecker of a head wind on the way out.
    Met Spydeski ?? on the way back.
    Also was delighted to meet Unionman on our home patch,even if he did look like one of those kids who deliver newspapers,,in an american film :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

mvt wrote: »
    Also was delighted to meet Unionman on our home patch,even if he did look like one of those kids who deliver newspapers,,in an american film :D.

And great to see you again too sir. Hope the recovery is going well.

*I always wanted to be one of those kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Passed a jersey wearer at Powerscourt Mountain close to Sally Gap this morning. I called out and got a salute in return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Boards jersey passed me south side of Glencree valley (west of Crone) at c10.15am today

I didn't call out but I was the one with daughter on a trailer bike. The boards wearer was very impressed! Trying to remember his exact words, I think it was "Brilliant, absolutely brilliant"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I passed jimm at Glencree around 130 today. He didn't have his boards jersey on and I only knew it was him literally as we passed so no time for a beep or wave or anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Mothman wrote: »
    Boards jersey passed me south side of Glencree valley (west of Crone) at c10.15am today

I didn't call out but I was the one with daughter on a trailer bike. The boards wearer was very impressed! Trying to remember his exact words, I think it was "Brilliant, absolutely brilliant"
    Passed a jersey wearer at Powerscourt Mountain close to Sally Gap this morning. I called out and got a salute in return.

If he was with a group of 8 or so then it was Joker77(or is that 78?). Locations sound about right, we were out on a club spin!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

Saw a guy wearing a Boards Jacket at 0730 this morning at the Apple Green in Julianstown heading south,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

velo.2010 wrote: »
    If he was with a group of 8 or so then it was Joker77(or is that 78?). Locations sound about right, we were out on a club spin!:)
    He was alone, and I've no idea whether its a new or old jersey :)

Saw a guy wearing a Boards Jacket at 0730 this morning at the Apple Green in Julianstown heading south,

Me - heard the beep and waved back.

Off out for my first spin of the day - a quick 50 then back to take son no.1 for a casual 22!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

velo.2010 wrote: »

He was on his own when I passed him but I had just passed a group of about that size so it's possible he was a bit off the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

Jawgap wrote: »
    Me - heard the beep and waved back.

Off out for my first spin of the day - a quick 50 then back to take son no.1 for a casual 22!!

Yea I was the beep and saw you wave, I greatly admire you're pace for 0730 but unfortunately I was going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

seamus wrote: »
    I passed jimm at Glencree around 130 today. He didn't have his boards jersey on and I only knew it was him literally as we passed so no time for a beep or wave or anything...

Was wearing new style Boards shorts though :D. Never noticed you Seamus. When you say "beep" do you mean you were driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

New style jersey worn by leading rider in a group of 5 passing through Laragh heading towards Rathdrum this morning at 11.36. I was just entering the cafe after spin over Wicklow gap.

Also chatted briefly to Levitronix & friend on their circuit of Blessington lake. Sorry for not hanging around, had to be home early for MD duties. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Passing the Ballymac in Dundalk saw a boards jersey while we were in a group of about 50 in the Tour of Carlingford, my mate was wearing my boards jersey as he thought the sun would shine all day.

Advertisement