Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

la calera wrote: »
    On Saturday saw a Boardsie up Sally Gap and Laragh (at the cafe) with two Orwell ladies...seemed like they were having a hoot!!!

Well, I wasn't expecting that! What can I say? You pay for the service, you get the ride.

That reminds me, must go to the bank at lunchtime, two more cheques to lodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

cdaly_ wrote: »
    NeedMoreGears on the Clontarf psychlepath this evening. Ye'll have to change the name to GotMoreGears now...

Cdaly on the Clontarf psychopath. He refers to my recent capitulation when faced with the prospect of the Wicklow hills and me another year closer to 50. From now on I'll be manfully spinning away with my 11-30 in place of the old 12-26.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Boards Jersey in the Cafe in the Naul, Sun 11am ish.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

New design, heading towards Trim at the Warrenstown Arms (R154) around 11.15 this morning. I had just abandoned the vets race and called out "boardsie", but he was probably out of hearing distance by then

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Having just moved to dublin for work last week i finally spotted first jersey (old style) on aston quay wed around 5.30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Inquitus wrote: »
    Boards Jersey in the Cafe in the Naul, Sun 11am ish.

That was me? Who were you? Several very nice looking carbon machines there - one of yours? Or were you with the group of five or so as we came in the door?

NMG

PS- apologies if you were wearing boards gear and I didn't spot you but I had to take off the specs as they steamed up when I went into the cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

G rock wrote: »
    this morning, about half seven, a new style jersey coming from the suir road luas stop towards kilmainham

Cest moi !

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

Beasty wrote: »
    New design, heading towards Trim at the Warrenstown Arms (R154) around 11.15 this morning. I had just abandoned the vets race and called out "boardsie", but he was probably out of hearing distance by then

Think that was me, heading in the opposite direction of the race!
    good bunch of people out racing...glad I was going in other direction...
    could have been embarrassing being overtaken!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Possedion wrote: »
    You're right - we would have been extremely embarrassed if a group of 40 "seasoned" racers was overtaken by a boards jersey - I would have cheered you on though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

New style jersey spotted climbing up Stocking Lane yesterday at about 12.30 / 45 - ish. I was hurtling my way down SL at the time. We (me and Gasco) were nearing the end of our own spin, which included jersey designer daragh himself, who had left us at the viewing point to head down by Cruagh. I yelled 'hello boardsie' but couldn't even hear it myself, everything muffled by the fierce headwind as we descended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

unionman wrote: »
    New style jersey spotted climbing up Stocking Lane yesterday at about 12.30 / 45 - ish. I was hurtling my way down SL at the time. We (me and Gasco) were nearing the end of our own spin, which included jersey designer daragh himself, who had left us at the viewing point to head down by Cruagh. I yelled 'hello boardsie' but couldn't even hear it myself, everything muffled by the fierce headwind a giant eskimo style buff as we descended.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

New style jersey spotted climbing up Stocking Lane yesterday at about 12.30 / 45 - ish. I was hurtling my way down SL at the time. We (me and Gasco) were nearing the end of our own spin, which included jersey designer daragh himself, who had left us at the viewing point to head down by Cruagh. I yelled 'hello boardsie' but couldn't even hear it myself, everything muffled by the fierce headwind as we descended.

That would be me. I assumed you couldn't hear yourself as it was the most intense and loud hey boardsie I've ever gotten made all the more severe by the serene surroundings, my laughing made the climb all that bit harder, so thanks;).

I'll assume also that you didn't hear my queasy breathless hello back, if not, HELLO BOARDSIE:p

daragh_ wrote: »
    FYP

If you remember rightly daragh I had taken it off at that stage...without having to stop the bike. Multi-skilled me:P.
    funkyjebus wrote: »
    That would be me. I assumed you couldn't hear yourself as it was the most intense and loud hey boardsie I've ever gotten made all the more severe by the serene surroundings, my laughing made the climb all that bit harder, so thanks;).

I'll assume also that you didn't hear my queasy breathless hello back, if not, HELLO BOARDSIE:p

:o:D Glad you got a laugh out of it anyway, I suffer that part of the climb without the ability to laugh at anything. And now that you say it that bit is very quiet as you ascend. The headwind coming down was unbelievable, beyond the usual roar of wind past the ears!

Hope you had a good day out anyway. 'Twas a good one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Possedion wrote: »
    Think that was me, heading in the opposite direction of the race!
    good bunch of people out racing...glad I was going in other direction...

Saw you too but I wasn't going to roar across the road in the middle of a bunch! Tempted though...........
    ;)

If you remember rightly daragh I had taken it off at that stage...without having to stop the bike. Multi-skilled me:P.

:o:D Glad you got a laugh out of it anyway, I suffer that part of the climb without the ability to laugh at anything. And now that you say it that bit is very quiet as you ascend. The headwind coming down was unbelievable, beyond the usual roar of wind past the ears!

Hope you had a good day out anyway. 'Twas a good one.

It was a cracker, unless the weather takes a turn for the worse, that the end of the thermal till next winter. I nearly died with heat on the way up.

Could've been Astramonti on Saturday morning along the Lower Kilmacud Road about 10'ish. Gave him the horn, was going the other way. He looked back at the car behind him.
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Planet X wrote: »
    Could've been Astramonti on Saturday morning along the Lower Kilmacud Road about 10'ish. Gave him the horn, was going the other way. He looked back at the car behind him.
    :D:D

Yeap that was me, I thought I heard a friendly beep but couldn't make out who it was. Hi! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Gave him the horn

So he was pleased to see you then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

Saw you too but I wasn't going to roar across the road in the middle of a bunch! Tempted though...........
    ;)

I was actually watching out for boardsie jerseys in the pack...
    (but everyone looked pretty serious on it)
    good bunch of groups out - nice morning for it..

So he was pleased to see you then? :pac:

.....rumour has it.

• Advertisement

cdaly in his old boards jersey heading home from his North County spin just past the entrance to the Swords Business park on Feltrim Road around 6.45 this evening - you looked back as I called out "boardsie"

These jerseys are like London busses - I've seen only a couple over the past year or so, other than at organised events, and now I've seen two in successive days ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Gave him the horn, was going the other way.

Really? No one else is going to pick up on this?

Can you not say "I beeped at him"? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Beasty wrote: »
    cdaly in his old boards jersey heading home from his North County spin just past the entrance to the Swords Business park on Feltrim Road around 6.45 this evening - you looked back as I called out "boardsie"

These jerseys are like London busses - I've seen only a couple over the past year or so, other than at organised events, and now I've seen two in successive days ...

Thought I was getting looked at all right. A lot of traffic so I didn't hear a shout...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Boardsie today turning right from the Quays onto O'Connell Bridge, about 5.30ish

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

On the north Quays at 1015 am ish. Fixie with dropped bars.

100Suns wrote: »
    On the north Quays at 1015 am ish. Fixie with dropped bars.

Pretty sure that was me.

That wasn't you on a fixie, flat bars, wearing a suit by any chance was it? Pretty impressive combination I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Saw a jersey today heading towards Nutgrove via Rathfarnham, at around 3.30pm, on a Giant, possibly a Rapid. Lovely day weather wise for cycling, I was unfortunately driving.

Boardsie today turning right from the Quays onto O'Connell Bridge, about 5.30ish

That would have been me, I'd say. Black felt.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Spotted Diarmuid decked out head to toe in Boards gear tonight. He claimed he was doing sprint training, but he didn't seem to be going that fast. ;)

Saw another lad on the way up to Glencullen, new style kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

el tonto wrote: »
    Spotted Diarmuid decked out head to toe in Boards gear tonight. He claimed he was doing sprint training, but he didn't seem to be going that fast. ;)
    I had moved on from my sprint training to lookin-cool-on-my-bike training.

Advertisement