Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

17.30 at alsaa, heading towards santry

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen the shorts (new) go past me on Nutgrove Ave. Wearing a bright yellow jacket. Whoever you were you really need to get lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Dónal wrote: »
    Boardsie wearing a black backpack spotted breaking a red light at the corner of Macken/Pearse Street today at around 17:30 or so.

I hope you chased him/her down and confiscated the jersey...

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

sounds like me again. were you the group stopped for the guy fixing the puncture, or were you the guys coming the other way just at the ski club?

We were neither of these groups I'm afraid!
    daragh_ wrote: »
    Could also have been me. Passed a group of ye just after that short climb that always make me cry (Lovers Leap Lane - not sure if thats the right name).

Yeah, it must have been you that we passed!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

keenan110 wrote: »
    We were neither of these groups I'm afraid!

Yeah, it must have been you that we passed!:)

hmm.. maybe it was,i had a blue long sleeve top on under the boards top anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

New jersey on the North Quays between Heuston Station and Four Courts, avoiding the glass on the road. Everywhere. The deft bike handling skills, allied to the Assos leggings, suggest a dyed in the wool Euro-Boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

100Suns wrote: »
    New jersey on the North Quays between Heuston Station and Four Courts, avoiding the glass on the road. Everywhere. The deft bike handling skills, allied to the Assos leggings, suggest a dyed in the wool Euro-Boardsie.
    Wasn't me but holy crap the city is in a ****e state this morning. Charlotte Way & Harcourt Street looked like there had been open-air gigs on with the amount of rubbish and glass everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Spotted climbing up to Sally Gap just before Lough Tay yesterday (St. Patrick's Day). I passed in a car and let a yell out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Spotted climbing up to Sally Gap just before Lough Tay yesterday (St. Patrick's Day). I passed in a car and let a yell out the window.

That was probably me, on a black felt? Got a pincture just before Glencree and realised I forgot my pump:eek:. But thankfully another kind cyclist stopped to loan me theirs, if you're a boardse, thanks again.

Saw someone in a new boards jersey as well descending down stocking lane while on my way up yesterday, gave you a hey boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Howth head, about 5pm, new design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Howth harbour, about 1pm on Paddy's Day, new jersey. I shouted (while carrying a slightly startled child) and you acknowledged.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Passed someone in new boards kit outside Laragh about 12:30 today.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Howth harbour, about 1pm on Paddy's Day, new jersey. I shouted (while carrying a slightly startled child) and you acknowledged.

that was me :)
    doing this:
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/73495966

#had meant to get all the way out to Malahide but the wind was annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Saw someone one the new kit yesterday near Laragh, it should have been 12:30 or so... We 've met before but unfortunately don't remember the nick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Some new kit saluting going on this morning in Roundwood and again between Lauragh & the Sally Gap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Plastik wrote: »
    Some new kit saluting going on this morning in Roundwood and again between Lauragh & the Sally Gap :)

Me and Gasco. Managed our first century of the year. Lovely day for it.

Of course we slowed down considerably to wave. Honest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Saw someone one the new kit yesterday near Laragh, it should have been 12:30 or so... We 've met before but unfortunately don't remember the nick!
    Probably me, though perhaps closer to 1.30? Yourself in old gear with someone else?

Waved to someone else in new gear who couldn't have been more than 5 minutes behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

seamus wrote: »
    Probably me, though perhaps closer to 1.30? Yourself in old gear with someone else?

Waved to someone else in new gear who couldn't have been more than 5 minutes behind you.

I was alone in the new gear, the guy in the old gear was mvt, fortunately we met at the hippy cafe and had a lovely spin together towards home.

Yesterday, around 17:20, on East Road in Dublin just coming down the hump hill/bridge over the railway lines. New jersey. Same person I saw before here but no-one claimed the win: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70966517&postcount=1617

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Saw a new Jersey on the Templeogue yesterday at around half 8ish. I was driving so didn't get a chance to say hello!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Dónal wrote: »
    Yesterday, around 17:20, on East Road in Dublin just coming down the hump hill/bridge over the railway lines. New jersey. Same person I saw before here but no-one claimed the win: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70966517&postcount=1617

Think t'were me if rider had a luminous yellow/green rucksack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Old kit, long sleeves on the Malahide Road at 5.20

Me heading for Fairview and the coast home...

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

I think i seen a cookiemonster ,monday 6 ish at grange motors flying along.

J Madone wrote: »
    I think i seen a cookiemonster ,monday 6 ish at grange motors flying along.

aye, you would have alright

NeedMoreGears on the Clontarf psychlepath this evening. Ye'll have to change the name to GotMoreGears now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

spotted an original jersey this evening at around 5 or so. He was on the road coming from Kilmainham towards phoenix park.

Really nice cycle home today actually, nice and calm along the canal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 la calera

On Saturday saw a Boardsie up Sally Gap and Laragh (at the cafe) with two Orwell ladies...seemed like they were having a hoot!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

la calera wrote: »
    On Saturday saw a Boardsie up Sally Gap and Laragh (at the cafe) with two Orwell ladies...seemed like they were having a hoot!!!

orly_owl.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

this morning, about half seven, a new style jersey coming from the suir road luas stop towards kilmainham

Advertisement