Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

jon1981 wrote: »
    To the boards wearing cyclist on the malahide road at Artane... thanks for the draft ( abit cheeky of me), bit of wind this evening! :D

Think that was me but never noticed you sitting in. Good day for a tow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

CramCycle wrote: »
    Yep, twas you then, didn't shout hello as it was hard to tell the general humour from the face mask.

Yeah was going for the don't mess with me cyclist look!

The mask does seem to make a difference-not as chesty. Got it after reading the new pollution study from TCD. Apparently cyclists get less pollution than other road users in Dublin but because they are breathing more rapidly it gets deeper in the lungs than anyone else. Plus I seen the blackened lungs of a city person in the animals inside out exhibit last weekend and didn't really want that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

del_boy13 wrote: »
    Think that was me but never noticed you sitting in. Good day for a tow :)

Well if you pulled off just at mchughs off license and the ISI there then indeed it was! I was turning right just after. Why frame were you on? I was admiring your commuting setup.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Wizardej wrote: »

The mask does seem to make a difference-not as chesty. Got it after reading the new pollution study from TCD. Apparently cyclists get less pollution than other road users in Dublin but because they are breathing more rapidly it gets deeper in the lungs than anyone else. Plus I seen the blackened lungs of a city person in the animals inside out exhibit last weekend and didn't really want that!!

I used to wear a bandana all the time, might start back again, although I don't breathe deep, I just glide along gracefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

2 sightings this afternoon:

1. Full green kit on Samuel Beckett Bridge heading for Guild Street at around 4.15pm.

2. Pink jersey on Willbrook Road (Southbound) at around 5.45pm.

I'll claim no.2 Gave you a wave back.:)
    I see you were visiting some nice lane ways up the road from me.
    Kudos for spotting the jersey under the back pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

jon1981 wrote: »
    Well if you pulled off just at mchughs off license and the ISI there then indeed it was! I was turning right just after. Why frame were you on? I was admiring your commuting setup.

That was probably me...

Club_Tour_Loaded-s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Passed a green kit with a backpack who was heading westbound somewhere along the grand canal this morning around 7:10. Looking very sleepy indeed, they didn't notice me in my pink jersey :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Green jersey & facemask spotted on Grand Canal Street this morning at 9.15 waiting to cross onto the Canal cycle lane. Said hi on my way past, I assume twas yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

cdaly_ wrote: »
    That was probably me...

Club_Tour_Loaded-s.jpg

Indeed it was! Nice setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

seamus wrote: »
    Passed a green kit with a backpack who was heading westbound somewhere along the grand canal this morning around 7:10. Looking very sleepy indeed, they didn't notice me in my pink jersey :(

That was me....a bit sleepy alright this morn! Did notice you at last minute, and tried to give a nod.....obviously a bit too late though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Met a non jersey'd boardsie on the grand canal westbound today around 5.30. Gave me a fist bump and their real name so I won't mention it here. I was plodding along slowly as I wasn't sure which turnoff I needed as I don't normally travel that side.

Green jersey & facemask spotted on Grand Canal Street this morning at 9.15 waiting to cross onto the Canal cycle lane. Said hi on my way past, I assume twas yourself?

Hey yep that was me. Just heard you as you went past

Hey yep that was me. Just heard you as you went past

Only back 2 days and my spotting so are rapidly increasing!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Weepsie wrote: »
    Met a non jersey'd boardsie on the grand canal westbound today around 5.30. Gave me a fist bump and their real name so I won't mention it here. I was plodding along slowly as I wasn't sure which turnoff I needed as I don't normally travel that side.

Was me! I was running late for a race so I had to put down a bit of pace, nice to meet ya!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Seen someone in a pink boards jersey this morning turning right into tempelouge village

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭buffalo

Passed a lad on Dorset Street yesterday afternoon. Said 'hello boardsie!' but got no response. I'm going to post on the Internet about how nobody validates my existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

buffalo wrote: »
    Passed a lad on Dorset Street yesterday afternoon. Said 'hello boardsie!' but got no response. I'm going to post on the Internet about how nobody validates my existence.

Hello? A boardsie you're looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

I thought some one shouted "hello boardsie" at me yesterday afternoon on Dorset Street, didn't see anyone, must've imagined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Kav0777 wrote: »
    I thought some one shouted "hello boardsie" at me yesterday afternoon on Dorset Street, didn't see anyone, must've imagined it.
    no Im Brian & so is my wife!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Zyzz wrote: »
    Was me! I was running late for a race so I had to put down a bit of pace, nice to meet ya!:)

You too. Hope you made it on time then, I eventually found my turn off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,979 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Full pink kit heading (westbound) into Leixlip circa. 5pm. Salutes exchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Full green kit on Dame St. towards Trinity coming up to 6 this afternoon. Traffic/tourists were everywhere so just caught a flash of the kit, but didn't cop the bike. Didn't fancy shouting neither!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I (old blue/orange jersey) was spotted by Daroxtar at a proper place to spot another Boardsie - at the top of Kippure :D

Really nice to meet you, thanks for the company on the way back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

2 spottings:
    CDaly on Thursday heading through Baldoyle in the original kit.
    Friday morn circa 09.30 coming outta Rush in the new (and nicest imo :P) kit:WA

Actually I think we should start a 'Today I didnt see Wishbone Ash...' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,979 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bcmf wrote: »
    ......Friday morn circa 09.30 coming outta Rush in the new (and nicest imo :P) kit:WA

Actually I think we should start a 'Today I didnt see Wishbone Ash...' thread.
    Yup - that was me heading for Mullingar! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Yup - that was me heading for Mullingar! :D
    Just out for a spin ,like!
    I bet your missus hates it when you say 'Love just taking a spin down to the shops to get the paper!'

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bcmf wrote: »
    Just out for a spin ,like!
    I bet your missus hates it when you say 'Love just taking a spin down to the shops to get the paper!'

I wonder what the reaction is when he has a rest day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Pink jersey turning left towards Baldoyle off the sea front this evening around 5.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Spotted a bearded Boardsie rocking the new jersey near the wooden bridge in Clontarf this morning around 7:15ish (heading towards Howth).

I was heading into town but didn't cop the jersey until I had gone past so didn't get a shout out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Pink jersey turning left towards Baldoyle off the sea front this evening around 5.45.

That was I...

Advertisement