Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Today on the quays, lime green kit. Orange bike!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

TonyStark wrote: »
    Today on the quays, lime green kit. Orange bike!?

Most likely me, if it was between 8 and half past? First definite sighting if so, only took a year or 2 for it!

PS not sure if I should take offence at the specific punctuation around "orange bike" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

cython wrote: »
    Most likely me, if it was between 8 and half past? First definite sighting if so, only took a year or 2 for it!

PS not sure if I should take offence at the specific punctuation around "orange bike" :pac:

Panniers as well... with two bags! I think they were "Orange!?" as well :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Think I may have frightened someone in full new kit just at the lights at Busaras/LUAS track.

Didn't even note the bike

TonyStark wrote: »
    Panniers as well... with two bags! I think they were "Orange!?" as well :-)

Correct on the orange, but only the one pannier, I'm afraid. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Woke me up, so you did! It took me a moment to remember what kit I had on :)

It's a Bianchi
    Weepsie wrote: »
    Think I may have frightened someone in full new kit just at the lights at Busaras/LUAS track.

Didn't even note the bike

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Woke me up, so you did! It took me a moment to remember what kit I had on :)

It's a Bianchi

I should've known and recognised as I bought the Willier from you last year so I did.

First sight in ages from me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Wasnt wearing any gear but I met Unknown Soldier today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Wasnt wearing any gear but I met Unknown Soldier today

3337508.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Alek wrote: »
    3337508.jpg

Thats inaccurate.

He's wearing a helmet

PS he was stripping down when I met him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

godtabh wrote: »
    Thats inaccurate.

He's wearing a helmet

PS he was stripping down when I met him
    and socks, the reckless crazy man!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

heh, just realised NeedMoreGears overtook me yesterday morning on the Clontarf cycleway. Thank you Strava flybys!

In my defence, I was doing Z1 recovery ride.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

buffalo wrote: »
    heh, just realised NeedMoreGears overtook me yesterday morning on the Clontarf cycleway. Thank you Strava flybys!

It took a day and a half for that excuse, tut tut

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

buffalo wrote: »

Had never seen that strava flyby thing before, seriously cool!

awec wrote: »
    Had never seen that strava flyby thing before, seriously cool!

It's been a labs feature for quite a while now (reasonably sure it's linked with how they can determine that certain people cycled with other people), but the link on workouts is a relatively recent addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Saw cdaly sporting the Orange/Grey Jersey along Baldoyle. He casually mentioned a bit of a training run this weekend - a 600km audax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tuesday morning 08:30'ish turning right from O'Connell Bridge onto Eden Quay, black, white and pink jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Tuesday morning 08:30'ish turning right from O'Connell Bridge onto Eden Quay, black, white and pink jersey.
    Might have been me. I didn't hear a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭fillup

Spotted a red (?) boards in between Glenmacnass and Laragh this afternoon.

You were heading downhill and I was heading up.

I was sucking the rubber off a lad in a Naas CC Jersey.

I shouted out but it may have been too late.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Possibly myself, I heard a shout of boardsie, but only managed a grunt back before I passed. Were you sporting a beard and wearing a light top?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Winter defender jersey, at least I think it was, at the bottom of Sally Gap just outside Manor Kilbride about 11am yesterday. They were sitting down having a spot of grub. I said hi but it only registered after I'd passed it was a boards jersey so didn't give a boardsie shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Crocked wrote: »
    Winter defender jersey, at least I think it was, at the bottom of Sally Gap just outside Manor Kilbride about 11am yesterday. They were sitting down having a spot of grub. I said hi but it only registered after I'd passed it was a boards jersey so didn't give a boardsie shout.

If that was at the junction with the Ciaran Jones Bridge then that was me. I was wearing the SS jersey with arm warmers. I was sitting down nursing my sore leg and realising that I'll be giving the WW200 a miss this year. I wasn't a happy bunny.

Still, it was nice to be spotted on my first day out in a Boards.ie jersey!

smacl wrote: »
    . Were you sporting a beard and wearing a light top?

Yeah a greeny light bluey top. The RoK one from last year.
    Also rocking the beard!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

crosstownk wrote: »
    If that was at the junction with the Ciaran Jones Bridge then that was me. I was wearing the SS jersey with arm warmers. I was sitting down nursing my sore leg and realising that I'll be giving the WW200 a miss this year. I wasn't a happy bunny.

Still, it was nice to be spotted on my first day out in a Boards.ie jersey!

I had to google that bridge and see it was recently named after the Garda who died there a couple of years ago.

That location ties in, so would have been yourself.

Sorry to hear about the leg, I'll be doing enough crying and wimpering next week for both of us on the hills!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Spotted green shorts passing through ranelagh at approx 8:30 this morn , wearing a black and red jacket , on a white canyon . I'm thinking Godtabh but I could be wrong , I was sitting in traffic , I gave a beep but got a wave from the lady in the car infront ( well more of a throwing her two hands in the air wondering why I was beeping :D )

sullzz wrote: »
    Spotted green shorts passing through ranelagh at approx 8:30 this morn , wearing a black and red jacket , on a white canyon . I'm thinking Godtabh but I could be wrong , I was sitting in traffic , I gave a beep but got a wave from the lady in the car infront ( well more of a throwing her two hands in the air wondering why I was beeping :D )

Wasn't me. Was the other side of the M50 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

I'd swear I saw someone in the new gear going southbound on the n11 before the glen of the downs at around 2 o clock. Or was I dreaming!!?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

seen someone coming down the Clonskeagh Road yesterday evening, about 17:50 at the junction beside Larchfield road and the Trimbleston apartments, I don't think you'll admit too it though as I was waiting at the red lights as you broke them :eek:

Spotted New Kit heading up the Hill of Howth (Sutton Side) yest about 19:30 - 20:00ish

Didn't spot u til it was too late due the high concentration of Clontarf CC heads out and about yesterday evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

fillup wrote: »
    Spotted New Kit heading up the Hill of Howth (Sutton Side) yest about 19:30 - 20:00ish

Didn't spot u til it was too late due the high concentration of Clontarf CC heads out and about yesterday evening
    (Pink/Green kit?) That probably was myself as I arrived at Sutton Cross at 19.40 and went up the Sutton side.

Advertisement