Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

Spotted a pink kit (seamus?) taking a right through the Ballycullen junction onto the Scholarstown Road this morning around 8:25.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, sounds about right

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Pink kit spotted in Templeogue Village just now. Heading towards Terenure.

I'm almost sure it was Wishbone Ash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Wishbone Ash in Full pink kit on the Cycle4DSI. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    It was (is) a beautiful morning out there. (I was disguised on an Omafiets)

EpnlQ1jl.jpg

Me again on the Thorn...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭micar

Spotted a pink jersey going through donnybrook south bound around 5.35pm yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

crosstownk wrote: »
    Pink kit spotted in Templeogue Village just now. Heading towards Terenure.

I'm almost sure it was Wishbone Ash.
    Probably myself alright - I would have been there around 3ish on my return from Lap de Gaps. (Were you on the bike - didn't notice you?)

Probably myself alright - I would have been there around 3ish on my return from Lap de Gaps. (Were you on the bike - didn't notice you?)

I wasn't on the bike. I was in the restaurant above The Morgue stuffing my face at my sons communion :D

You made some gesture to the car behind you at the pedestrian lights but I couldn't figure out why.........

crosstownk wrote: »
    ...You made some gesture to the car behind you at the pedestrian lights but I couldn't figure out why.........
    Ah yes - he pulled out from a side street into my path as I was approaching the lights.

(PS - the gesture was to raise my hand in exasperation as if to say 'WTF?' - not a middle finger or anything like that! :D)

not a middle finger or anything like that! :D)

It most definitely wasn't offensive. I didn't see the car because I was busy trying to ID the bike to be sure it was you!

• Advertisement

Green jersey between Laragh and the Sally Gap (going in the opposite direction of Cycle4DSI) today (possibly a female?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Pink boards jersey passing me on the Glenmacnass descent into Laragh during the cycle4DSI yesterday, I was wearing a Coors beer jersey.

vektarman wrote: »
    Pink boards jersey passing me on the Glenmacnass descent into Laragh during the cycle4DSI yesterday, I was wearing a Coors beer jersey.
    That was myself. I remember passing you as your jersey is quite distinctive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

micar wrote: »
    Spotted a pink jersey going through donnybrook south bound around 5.35pm yesterday evening

Was it on a red fixed, that would have been me heading for the creche if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Said hello to a boardsie in the striped boards kit (and a VCB gillet) today at the Friends of Pat Halligan Cycle.
    'twas bcmf , I think RobFowl just had the VCB jersey.

Yep was me. Made the mistake of big ringing it up the Hill of Tara.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Pink ss Jersey spotted on clonskeagh road about 8:30 this morning.

Grassey wrote: »
    Pink ss Jersey spotted on clonskeagh road about 8:30 this morning.

If he was on a red bike looking disgruntled with the world, then it was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

That was myself. I remember passing you as your jersey is quite distinctive.

Gave you a holler as you sped by before Laragh. I was in Cuchulainn colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

MugMugs wrote: »

I think I gave you a holler as well I was in the Naas CC club colours.

I am still unsure as to whether its boards[dot]y or boardsy I am to holler!

You were flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Pink Carvalho shorts on a Boardman, on the Enniskerry Road, heading for Sandyford/Dundrum.
    Around 2/2:30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 seethestars

Lads, how does one go about getting a Boards Jersey? Is there some form of initiation ceremony you have to go through?

Lads, how does one go about getting a Boards Jersey? Is there some form of initiation ceremony you have to go through?

Orders for summer kits are taken in spring and winter kits are taken in autumn.

Summer kits are (hopefully) almost ready for collection http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394562

Keep an eye on the stickies.

Thanks for agreeing to set up the next order, you should probably set up a new thread, see a date for final orders, good luck :pac:

MugMugs wrote: »
    Did I respond? Apologies if I didn't - might not have heard you with the wind!
    TonyStark wrote: »
    I think I gave you a holler as well I was in the Naas CC club colours.

I am still unsure as to whether its boards[dot]y or boardsy I am to holler!

You were flying!
    Was that on the steep bit approaching the Sally Gap crossroads? Someone shouted 'Boardsie' just after I passed and I gave a wave back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

to the guy in the black(with green) jersey at Rosie Hacket Bridge yesterday @ 1730ish yesterday, Heyho! nice ride, you were gone across before I could get level you to give you a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

Pink jersey and shorts on a Fuji heading from Lusk towards Blakes cross, I was running the other direction. Only noticed you as you passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Bloggsie wrote: »
    to the guy in the black(with green) jersey at Rosie Hacket Bridge yesterday @ 1730ish yesterday, Heyho! nice ride, you were gone across before I could get level you to give you a shout!

Green Orwell shorts, yellow bike and big blue backpack? If so then might have been me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Green Orwell shorts, yellow bike and big blue backpack? If so then might have been me.
    yep, thats spot on!

joey100 wrote: »
    Pink jersey and shorts on a Fuji heading from Lusk towards Blakes cross, I was running the other direction. Only noticed you as you passed.
    Today?

(I was in pink on a Fuji going in that direction yesterday evening circa. 6.15pm.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

@Wishbone Ash

Yep was around that time last night alright, just moved out to the area so was out for a run to figure out some distances. Need to find some decent cycling now, know a lot of the names of places but not the smaller roads between them.

Advertisement