Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Boardsie spotted in Pink on a red/black Cube at the Lunchtime Cycle today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

TonyStark wrote: »
    Boardsie spotted in Pink on a red/black Cube at the Lunchtime Cycle today!

That would have been me. Refused to cover up my Boards jersey with the 'mandatory' hi-viz jackets they were handing out! :rolleyes:

Gave a 'BOARDSIE' roar to a pink jersey at the level crossing in Baldoyle yesterday evening - got a wave back. I was standing in the Maxol petrol station forecourt - think I startled a few people with my shout! Think it might have been NoMoreGears?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

That would have been me. Refused to cover up my Boards jersey with the 'mandatory' hi-viz jackets they were handing out! :rolleyes:

Gave a 'BOARDSIE' roar to a pink jersey at the level crossing in Baldoyle yesterday evening - got a wave back. I was standing in the Maxol petrol station forecourt - think I startled a few people with my shout! Think it might have been NoMoreGears?

Yep - that was me. Saw that cycle heading from from an office down in google land ; eyesight not good enough to pick you out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Yep - that was me. Saw that cycle heading from from an office down in google land ; eyesight not good enough to pick you out!

I was a bit like this:

184108534-lone-pink-tulip-in-a-sea-of-yellow-tulips-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=Q%2FTE1QkUTLM5%2FCr%2BkwgtmZiri2lZeFpCln0gvyNl7lYAg%2Fq0VwL%2FKmIzy499eg4QIfHA0dT1m8rEpVsmeTYSXQ%3D%3D

Hot-pink in a sea of yellow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Black shorts passing the Coachman's heading towards Swords on the old N1 at about 9.05pm this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Green jersey passing the malt house on grand canal quay today at approx 15:30 today , you had a red face mask on and I think you were on a mountain bike .

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

sullzz wrote: »
    Green jersey passing the malt house on grand canal quay today at approx 15:30 today , you had a red face mask on and I think you were on a mountain bike .

Hey yeah that was me- I think! - spotted again :)
    Was on a black carrera hybrid-blue helmet and black backpack

Original jersey spotted going from Terenure through Rathfarnham, black shorts, white bike at approx 1915 or 1930 this evening. He hopped the kerb in Terenure, then broke the red light at Rathfarnham Road crossroads with his buddy wearing a white Argos jersey I think. And the worst crime is that after all that (and me waiting at the lights) I still overtook him at Rathfarnham Village with me on a fold-up bike. For shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Dónal wrote: »
    Original jersey spotted going from Terenure through Rathfarnham, black shorts, white bike at approx 1915 or 1930 this evening. He hopped the kerb in Terenure, then broke the red light at Rathfarnham Road crossroads with his buddy wearing a white Argos jersey I think. And the worst crime is that after all that (and me waiting at the lights) I still overtook him at Rathfarnham Village with me on a fold-up bike. For shame!
    morto for the one you mentioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dónal wrote: »
    Now, you know that no-one is going to own up to that. What you should be doing is saying, "Rathfarnham with a guy in an Argos top" and when someone claims it, you send them a PM saying, "I know what you did".

And no, it wasn't me. I'm in my skintight non-boards stuff at the moment, showing off my lovely flabby midriff to all the well dressed women on my commute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 n1ey

Can I get one of those Boards.ie jerseys shipped to Mass? I think that I need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think I saw Wishbone Ash in front of the airport at 10:25 this morning heading towards town. Full pink kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I think I saw Wishbone Ash in front of the airport at 10:25 this morning heading towards town. Full pink kit.
    Yup - that was myself heading for Wicklow.

(Didn't cop it was you until you had passed. The group was fairly strung out - somebody launch an attack?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Yup - that was myself heading for Wicklow.

(Didn't cop it was you until you had passed. The group was fairly strung out - somebody launch an attack?)
    There's always a bit of a gallop along the back of the airport, especially when there's a tailwind. We had a few new comers, so I don't think they were expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

a bit late but I saw a guy in the park @ the last roundabout before parkgate St. last wednesday black jersey green writing, pannier on the bike as well, was still pissed at getting the puncture & having to walk for over an hour to shout hello

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Pink Jersey heading North out of Ballsbridge at 08:50 this morning.

Didn't have the heart to roar across two lanes of traffic but know that I saluted you in my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Didn't have the heart to roar across two lanes of traffic but know that I saluted you in my heart.

Possibly me. Thought it was closer to 9am though. Did he look amazing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Might have been me - but I lack Dirk's lustrous hair, sharp tan lines and general Pro demeanour.

Saw a Green Jersey on Leeson Bridge close to 9 and then another Green Jersey coming down the canal soon after.

Is there Boards Spin on or wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

daragh_ wrote: »
    Might have been me - but I lack Dirk's lustrous hair, sharp tan lines and general Pro demeanour.

Saw a Green Jersey on Leeson Bridge close to 9 and then another Green Jersey coming down the canal soon after.

The second green was probably myself - was in the merge of cyclists going down the Parnell Road when I spotted you in the pink and gave each other the acknowledgement nod! 09:05 I think.

daragh_ wrote: »

Looked average height, almost certainly not the sylphen Dirk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Looked average height, almost certainly not the sylphen Dirk

Average? I aspire to Average. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Spotted a (red?) jersey heading north at the junction by the wooden bridge to Bull Island about 30 minutes ago, blue and red bike.

Didn't want to shout/wave, think there was a club ride heading out just in front of you. They'd have been awfully confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

Green jersey and shorts descending to the viewing point yesterday at about 8.30am (before I was engulfed by flies).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Konkers wrote: »
    Green jersey and shorts descending to the viewing point yesterday at about 8.30am (before I was engulfed by flies).

Probably me doing hill repeats. There was a substantial amount of flies and other flying insects about there indeed. Was happy to have glasses on. There was a constant series of splatter sounds against them when descending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Bloggsie wrote: »
    a bit late but I saw a guy in the park @ the last roundabout before parkgate St. last wednesday black jersey green writing, pannier on the bike as well, was still pissed at getting the puncture & having to walk for over an hour to shout hello

Depending on the time it could have been me if it was any other day that week, but I think I woke up to find the second flat of the week and got a (karmically delayed!) train instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

OldBean wrote: »
    Spotted a (red?) jersey heading north at the junction by the wooden bridge to Bull Island about 30 minutes ago, blue and red bike.

Didn't want to shout/wave, think there was a club ride heading out just in front of you. They'd have been awfully confused.

Me. Just catching up with them for a bit of wheel sucking. Didn't last long, they were too slow for me..

Oh, and pink, not red...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Spotted Orion this morn at about 7:20 on the N4 near Lucan in his full pink kit , then I saw someone in the full green kit in ranelagh at about 8ish , possibly on a giant bike .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

sullzz wrote: »
    Spotted Orion this morn at about 7:20 on the N4 near Lucan in his full pink kit , then I saw someone in the full green kit in ranelagh at about 8ish , possibly on a giant bike .

That was probably me in Ranelagh....but I was on my regular sized bike! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Me. Just catching up with them for a bit of wheel sucking. Didn't last long, they were too slow for me..

Oh, and pink, not red...

Was a strange grouping!

Ah, pink indeed - I was wearing brown polarised sunglasses. I'll give a wave next time, usually in a blue Navy jersey when the sun's out.

• Advertisement

Let a possibly too loud "Boardsie" out at a pink jersey with a grey beard on Baggott St at about 1810 today

Advertisement