Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭fillup

(Pink/Green kit?) That probably was myself as I arrived at Sutton Cross at 19.40 and went up the Sutton side.

wow - to think i was that close to Mr Ash and not to know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Pink kit (with hi viz vest) travelling southbound on the R132 near Turnapin Lane at 7.25pm this evening. Gave you a wave and shout but your didn't see/hear me. You had your head down fighting the headwind!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Pink jersey at the very end of Whitworth road (Phibsboro end) at around 8 pm this eve. I was a passenger in a car and was too pointing you out to the girlfriend and forgot to give a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

This morning (Sunday) heading from Lusk to Rush. Green Jersy and shorts I think, had gillet on covering it so only realised after.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Green SS jersey ride past Marlay Park about 10am this morning, heading towards Ballyboden direction.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

joey100 wrote: »
    This morning (Sunday) heading from Lusk to Rush. Green Jersy and shorts I think, had gillet on covering it so only realised after.

WBA heading to W200 i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

godtabh wrote: »

He was in pink splendor today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

Sally gap cross roads (green jersey) at about 12 today. Said hello.

Also think I spotted someone climbing (green shorts and jersey) to the viewing point at 1.30. Had a black gilet on. Was descending so couldn't give you a wave.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Konkers wrote: »

Also think I spotted someone climbing (green shorts and jersey) to the viewing point at 1.30. Had a black gilet on. Was descending so couldn't give you a wave.
    I was there at Sally gap that time but wearing thee new gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

smacl wrote:
    Green SS jersey ride past Marlay Park about 10am this morning, heading towards Ballyboden direction.
    That was probably me.
    Konkers wrote: »
    That was definitely me.

Saw an original jersey heading up the Ballyedmonduff Road towards Johnny Fox's at about half one or so. Gave a quick shout but was past before I was fully aware that it was a boardsie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Saw Wishbone Ash in pink and Fillup in pink/green at the Wicklow today. Also saw two green jerseys but didn't get a name. Kudos to no 181 who was sporting the pink/green version as he flew past me on shay elliot.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TripleMinor

Kudos to no 181 who was sporting the pink/green version as he flew past me on shay elliot.

That was myself - my first sighting in this thread :D

I remember passing a few boardsies on Sliabh Mann and Shay Elliot (one was Wishbone Ash I believe). Apologies for not stopping I was trying to catch a friend up the road (I didn't in case you were wondering)

Fillup was in one of our groups at one point and had a chat

Use a referral link when purchasing a Tesla and get free Supercharging KMs https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/stephen958732

Fillup in green/pink, iwillhtfu in the pink and NeadMoreGears in pink on the Wicklow Gap.

TripleMinor in green/pink dropping the hammer and putting on the hurt on the Shay Elliott (apologies for breaking your rhythm with the shout!).

Not me - wrong direction and wrong colour! :)

Fillup in green/pink, iwillhtfu in the pink and NeadMoreGears in pink on the Wicklow Gap.

TripleMinor in green/pink dropping the hammer and putting on the hurt on the Shay Elliott (apologies for breaking your rhythm with the shout!).

All

Not me - wrong direction and wrong colour! :)

All I know is that both of them are on the north side

All I know is that both of them are on the north side
    Northside/north county = chalk/cheese ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭fillup

Fillup was in one of our groups at one point and had a chat
    One of many highlights of the day was hauling a$$ with the Orwell crew at about 40kph into Balltinglass - needless to say once the climbing started I wasn't fit to jump on anyone's coat tails.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

That was me out for a training spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

Lad in the green kit cycling down Terenure Rd on Monday morning 10:30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭comete

Spot someone in a boards jersey riding down brewery road most mornings, and also back up it on the days I leave work on time....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Garzard wrote: »
    Lad in the green kit cycling down Terenure Rd on Monday morning 10:30am.
    Could have been me. I went through Terenure heading towards Rathfarnham around that time on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen a green SS on the Grand Canal bike path yeaterday at about 5:15? Wearing a facemask/neckerchief possibly?

comete wrote: »
    Spot someone in a boards jersey riding down brewery road most mornings, and also back up it on the days I leave work on time....

I've mentioned him here too a few times but dont think I've figured out who it is.

I did deliver a jersey to someone close to the gallops but don think it is him.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Spotted the old pink Boards jersey at harolds cross bridge this morning.

Gave a shout and got a hello back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

del_boy13 wrote: »
    Spotted the old pink Boards jersey at harolds cross bridge this morning.

Gave a shout and got a hello back.

That was me. Overgeared at the lights and unable to track stand. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

I've mentioned him here too a few times but dont think I've figured out who it is.

I did deliver a jersey to someone close to the gallops but don think it is him.
    comete wrote: »

There's a good chance it's me. White trek + backpack?
    Robert

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    There's a good chance it's me. White trek + backpack?
    Robert

I think so. I'd often see you heading up from the Gallops towards the new road/glencurian Luas stop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

To the boards wearing cyclist on the malahide road at Artane... thanks for the draft ( abit cheeky of me), bit of wind this evening! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

CramCycle wrote: »
    Seen a green SS on the Grand Canal bike path yeaterday at about 5:15? Wearing a facemask/neckerchief possibly?

That could have been me! Was wearing a red face mask. First time out in 2 weeks-just over a cold/man flu!

2 sightings this afternoon:

1. Full green kit on Samuel Beckett Bridge heading for Guild Street at around 4.15pm.

2. Pink jersey on Willbrook Road (Southbound) at around 5.45pm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Wizardej wrote: »
    That could have been me! Was wearing a red face mask. First time out in 2 weeks-just over a cold/man flu!

Yep, twas you then, didn't shout hello as it was hard to tell the general humour from the face mask.

Advertisement