Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Let a possibly too loud "Boardsie" out at a pink jersey with a grey beard on Baggott St at about 1810 today

You have a very clear shout!

It's not grey, it's a dashing and youthful silver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Molls Gap from Kenmare side - full new type kit.
    About 1km from Molls Gap top at close to midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

Green jersey on the shay Elliot climb about a km from the top, I went past you very slowly and was suffering so couldn't raise a boardsie cheer in your direction!

Pink jersey, yellow bike, 0915 this morning going through Terenure going northbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

Gave a boardsie shout to a green jersey last Thursday at about 7.30pm descending to the viewing point from the feather beds. I came across a guy who had flipped his motor cycle (and himself) into the scurse bush mile up the road on the descent to glencree hence why I forgot the boardsie sighting.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Myself, I shouted I hi back but think I was past at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I saw a Boardsie at the Sportive in Stamullen, Co. Meath, yesterday.
    I'm not very well up in these matters, so I don't know, which jersey, it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Dónal wrote: »
    Pink jersey, yellow bike, 0915 this morning going through Terenure going northbound.

Sounds like it might have been me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I wore my boards shorts on a cycle on Lake Garda last Friday. I passed loads of cyclists. Not one shout. Bloody philistines.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I wore my boards shorts on a cycle on Lake Garda last Friday. I passed loads of cyclists. Not one shout. Bloody philistines Italians.

shocker imagine that, bloody foreigners :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I wore my boards shorts on a cycle on Lake Garda last Friday. I passed loads of cyclists. Not one shout. Bloody philistines.
    I'll be there in August and I'll give various editions a go to see if I've any success. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Heading west along the North Road in Phoenix Park at about 7.45 last night - gave a wave from the car, you looked a bit confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I think I shouted at daragh_ again along the canal this pm.

Sorry I didn't ping the hipster beard until it was too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I don't think they do much acknowledgement in central Europe. I'm getting used to being roundly ignored, but it hasn't stopped me saying hi to every passing cyclist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

I think I shouted at daragh_ again along the canal this pm.

Sorry I didn't ping the hipster beard until it was too late.

I'm glad we've cleared up that whole grey vs stylish beard thing.

Hang on... hipster???? My bike has gears!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

daragh_ wrote: »
    I'm glad we've cleared up that whole grey vs stylish beard thing.

Hang on... hipster???? My bike has gears!

When he said it, I thought maybe he had seen me instead :pac: Bearded Hipster

I don't think they do much acknowledgement in central Europe. I'm getting used to being roundly ignored, but it hasn't stopped me saying hi to every passing cyclist

I noticed the same. I got a few nods and one old fella shouted something at me when I passed him but I think that was along the lines of "Stop cycling so fast you lunatic Boardsie!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

I found the cyclists in Italy (Tuscany) very friendly. 100% waves or Ciao. Last Saturday morning. Maybe it was the way the pin boards Jersey matched the rest of me

I found the cyclists in Italy (Tuscany) very friendly. 100% waves or Ciao. Last Saturday morning. Maybe it was the way the pin boards Jersey matched the rest of me

Pink?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Pink?

nah he has the green kit... #drinking

• Advertisement

Gave a wave to a Boardsie coming into Dun Laoghaire earlier this morning.

I was in blue kit on a white bike, cursing a puncture.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

OldBean wrote: »
    Gave a wave to a Boardsie coming into Dun Laoghaire earlier this morning.

I was in blue kit on a white bike, cursing a puncture.

That was me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Spotted someone in the green shorts this morning around 10:20, between Kilsallaghan and St. Margaret's Golf Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭meercat

spotted and called out to a solo boardsie just outside laragh on the descent from glenmacnass.tough conditions up there

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

meercat wrote: »
    spotted and called out to a solo boardsie just outside laragh on the descent from glenmacnass.tough conditions up there
    Heard your shout loud and clear and gave you a wave! Was very windy alright on high ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Hello to Boardsie cycling towards Blessington this morning (green top)
    My Boardsie jersey was well hidden under my very hi vis gilet (morto!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

Hani Kosti wrote: »
    Hello to Boardsie cycling towards Blessington this morning (green top)
    My Boardsie jersey was well hidden under my very hi vis gilet (morto!!!)

Thanks for the very generous hello Hani. Set me up for the rest of the (tough) day ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Green jersey spotted between the Glandon and Croix de Fer. Gave you a shout but there was no hope of catching up to you.

Did you finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

nah he has the green kit... #drinking

Pink! I was only drinking when typing that podt

Ok drinking again

• Advertisement

Reckon I saw Godtabh on his way to Dun Laoghaire again this morning - was in full conversation with another cyclist and only caught sight of the jersey out of the corner of my eye.

Advertisement