Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

OldBean wrote: »
    Reckon I saw Godtabh on his way to Dun Laoghaire again this morning - was in full conversation with another cyclist and only caught sight of the jersey out of the corner of my eye.

I was down in Dun Laoghaire this morning. Dont remember seeing you but wasnt feeling the best so may not have noticed you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Was on a red bike with pannier and handlebar bag rather than the white one, and after lingering at the 40ft for a bit too long, had a black merino wool Jersey over my Lycra.

But chillier out there this morning for sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Where you in a group of 4 with a girl on an orange fixie?

Yep, few of us head out a couple of times a week - I'd have been in front with the other chap on a Giant road bike, I think.

And unfortunately... It's a gold SS... :(

OldBean wrote: »
    Yep, few of us head out a couple of times a week - I'd have been in front with the other chap on a Giant road bike, I think.

And unfortunately... It's a gold SS... :(

I'm sure I gave your group a wave this morning.

• Advertisement

Quite possibly! I was nattering away when I caught a flash of your jersey - will give a proper wave next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Saw the new kit with a backpack heading North on Camden Street tonight at 18:55 let out a Boardsie but didn't seem to elicit a response.

Pink jersey spotted heading north direction through Terenure village at 2020 (just now).

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Saw the new kit with a backpack heading North on Camden Street tonight at 18:55 let out a Boardsie but didn't seem to elicit a response.

Sorry that was me. Heading home left it late and had the headphones in.

Just missed out on a 30 km/h commute from Sandyford to Swords finished up at 29.8

:(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Saw a pink jersey on baggot street this morning at 9am, just before the Canal heading into the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Pink kit spotted heading from Portmarnock to Baldoyle at around 10:40 this morning.

Was in the car heading the opposite direction so didn't get a shout out I'm afraid!

I sas WBA for the first time! Thats a diary moment right there.

I also saw other lads but I am too tired to remember their usernames.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Saw and gave a wave to a green clad boardsie near Laragh, I was descending from Glenmacnass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

colm18 wrote: »
    Saw and gave a wave to a green clad boardsie near Laragh, I was descending from Glenmacnass

Could have been me, depending on the time. Went Blessington, Hollywood, Wicklow Gap, Laragh, Sally Gap, Manor Kilbride and back to Blessington with a group. Think we left Laragh around 12 or a little after, and was on a black Canyon with a black helmet if that narrows it down.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

cython wrote: »
    Could have been me, depending on the time. Went Blessington, Hollywood, Wicklow Gap, Laragh, Sally Gap, Manor Kilbride and back to Blessington with a group. Think we left Laragh around 12 or a little after, and was on a black Canyon with a black helmet if that narrows it down.

Yep, 'twas yourself so. I was in an orange molteni jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

Spotted a few in the vale of Clara this morning. Did the 200 go that route?

Plastik wrote: »
    Spotted a few in the vale of Clara this morning. Did the 200 go that route?

I think so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Surely I get extra points for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

daragh_ wrote: »
    Surely I get extra points for this?
    They're not in chronological order... *twitch*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

They're not in chronological order... *twitch*

Thank God I'm not the only one that irked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

There's no pleasing some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

del_boy13 wrote: »
    Green jersey spotted between the Glandon and Croix de Fer. Gave you a shout but there was no hope of catching up to you.

Did you finish?

That was me. Thanks for the shout - was in dire need of encouragement at the time!

I did finish thanks albeit it in a very slow time - heat was killing me up the Glandon but it was way cooler going up the last climb so I felt OK by the end. Hope you got there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zindicato

met one in meath 160 route today at the foodstop green jersey under a race cape ...need more gears? and one orwell member who is a member here in full black regalia sorry forgot to ask your name here.. i was the guy in the new longsleeved kit wearing glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Hiya Zindicato. That was me at the food stop. Saw you and one other pink/green combo out side at the foodstop on the tour of meath

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Swamp3

Hiya Zindicato. That was me at the food stop. Saw you and one other pink/green combo out side at the foodstop on the tour of meath

That was me. Well spotted!
    I met an undercover Dirkvoodoo on the road. He was on a recovery spin...of 160k!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Shouted and waved at a new jersey turning into Dorset St. this morning. Did you wear fluo green glasses or was I hallucinating? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Alek wrote: »
    Shouted and waved at a new jersey turning into Dorset St. this morning. Did you wear fluo green glasses or am was I hallucinating? :D

That was me, I think I gave a thumbs up and "how's it going". Yes Fluo Green. They were the only colour available when buying I swear :cool: and I needed something that could take a prescription insert

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

No, they look good! Just a bit unexpected piece of garment for hi-vis :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Alek wrote: »
    No, they look good! Just a bit unexpected piece of garment for hi-vis :D

didn't even think of the Hi-Vis. I'm grand so if if someone tells me off, They're Cuesta Raggio glasses from Ribble. They come with a prescription insert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

zindicato wrote: »
    met one in meath 160 route today at the foodstop green jersey under a race cape ...need more gears? and one orwell member who is a member here in full black regalia sorry forgot to ask your name here.. i was the guy in the new longsleeved kit wearing glasses
    Swamp3 wrote: »
    That was me. Well spotted!
    I met an undercover Dirkvoodoo on the road. He was on a recovery spin...of 160k!

Ah yes, that was me. Good to meet you both! Getting back on the bike after the food stop was not exactly a great advertisement for cycling, a lot of "Why am I doing this?" moments.

@Swamp3: A recovery spin, I wish! This is my last minute cramming for the Raid!

Advertisement