Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

24hours is a long time :(

I think we should re-do the time limit. I mean at this stage, it looks like the finals will be held on Christmas Eve.

although i agree, there is also the two strike rule and maybe people who missed out on their first pick will think it not worth their while to continue thus Furious red & (at least it looks like) B.i curious could be eliminated next round. Maybe a PM could be sent to anyone who misses their round to see if they still want to compete therefore we avoid sitting for two 24 hour periods waiting on the same people.

if this is done and works maybe we could do another one with say 10 people in it but make it an invitational so only very regular posters i.e people who are on every day are asked to compete. cos at the moment this is the 3rd day and seing as im going out for the night in about an hour and a half i doubt no.16 will get his first pick till atleast day4!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Aww really disappointed to see another hold-up in proceedings as I was expecting to make my pick. Maybe we should get through round 1 first and then see if we need to alter the time limit. From looking at the other names on the list they seem to be regular members who would be unlikely to halt the game so we'll see how many delays we've got, but it does look like this will be the second hold-up.

In any event if b.ie curious doesn't make his pick by 8:17 today then KKV can make his pick. Then I'm up next. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I always said 24hours is too long, 12hours should work.
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,490 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Like we said before though..What if sombody makes their pick at midnight..The next person might have work the next day or whatever and mightn't get on this

12 hours might be too limiting but perhaps 24 hours is too generous. Maybe something in between like 18 hours is the way to go. As I said I think we should get through round 1 and check how many hold-ups we've had to deal with.

KKV can make his pick now though. b.ie curious missed his time limit and goes to the back of the queue now behind Furious Red. Everyone else effectively moves up a spot.

I have 2 picks in mind that I've settled on and I'm wondering if KKV will pick one and leave me with an easy decision. :pac:

• Advertisement

Ive got about 3 picks lined up and I swear if they are all taken..There will be a war here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I just want to point out that i edited my choice in the other thread with a video and that, to make it look a little better.

whats up with the crappy quality video KKV :)..Solid pick though

I don't know the deal with the vid either. :confused: And he's supposed to make his pick in the other thread and give his reasons.

Edit: OK I get it I just watched the whole vid. Nice choice but add it to the other thread man. ;)

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    whats up with the crappy quality video KKV :)..Solid pick though

Editing + Youtube compression = el crapo.

Gets the point across. I'll add some info about why i chose and a video to the Picks thread soon.

I'll add some info about why i chose and a video to the Picks thread soon.

I'll whack mine up after you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

TBH i think the video thing is a great touch !!

TBH i think the video thing is a great touch !!

Woulda been better if youtube didnt compress the crap out of it. I think i'll post a dailymotion link next time.

Updated the Picks thread. Feel like i just wrote an article for WWE.com :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I didn't realise how soon my turn was, time to get thinking... I think I've a good idea on who Mr.Nice Guy will be picking

Fozzy wrote: »
    I didn't realise how soon my turn was, time to get thinking... I think I've a good idea on who Mr.Nice Guy will be picking

Just made it now! Was that who you thought I'd go for?

Just made it now! Was that who you thought I'd go for?

Yep, Bret would've been who I'd have picked but I've got about five guys who I'm considering now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is it too late too join?????????

Fozzy wrote: »
    Yep, Bret would've been who I'd have picked but I've got about five guys who I'm considering now...

I was mulling over Bret or one other guy. Wonder if you'll end up picking who I was thinking of.
    JP Liz wrote:
    Is it too late too join?????????

Afraid so. I could place you on the reserve list if you'd like but there are two people on it ahead of you. Sorry bout that.

It didn't really take me an hour to think of who to pick, I was busy for most of the time! I decided that I can't pick anyone who I don't like, even for the good of the business. I want my roster to be a big happy family. So Hogan can go begging to someone else for a job

• Advertisement

Yeah Hogan was who I was thinking you'd plump for! I think the thing about Hogan though is if you go for him then you have to accomodate him and make sure your future picks are guys who can work with him. I was thinking if I chose Hogan I'd probably need to make sure I have some 'big man' type wrestlers and I'm not sure I want my roster to be like that.

KVE is a great pick. That guy had it all. Good look, in-ring skills, intensity. You wouldn't have to work hard to accomodate him.

Another great, but unexpected pick (at least i think so).

This is a very interesting draft thus far. 10 different picks. All very strong and a few odd ones.

My original pick was to be Kurt Angle, but he was taken right before me by jayhaitch. :(

Still though, very interesting thus far.

When do people start getting eliminated by the way?

I mean, you cant really decide who has the strongest roster based on one person?

also, say fozzy misses his next turn, and then gets eliminated on his third turn, does the person taking his place get stuck with his roster?

No one gets eliminated do they? I thought everyone just picks their ten guys and then we'll just talk about the rosters at the end and vote on the best

When do people start getting eliminated by the way?

I mean, you cant really decide who has the strongest roster based on one person?

Well we don't really want anyone to be eliminated. The strongest roster will be determined by the majority opinion. We haven't worked out how exactly that will work yet but maybe a points type system will be implemented. For example, everyone names their top 3 rosters. Number one gets ten points, number two gets 7 points, number three gets 5 points and then we add up the totals. I'm sure we will debate that as we get nearer to the final round but ideas on that matter are welcome.
    also, say fozzy misses his next turn, and then gets eliminated on his third turn, does the person taking his place get stuck with his roster?

Well under the current rules you get eliminated for missing your turn a second time and if someone gets eliminated then we would let the person top of the reserve list in (which I think is Danger_Dave). If he was to get in then I suppose he would have to take the wrestlers currently picked.

As it stands however we will allow Furious-Red and b.ie curious the right to pick a wrestler following orestes who is 20th in the current order. If they miss their turn again though then they would be eliminated from the challenge and the newest member gets to make a pick instead.

We really want 20 people in the contest because the more people there are the less star names there are which makes it more challenging.

I understand now :)

Well bounty hunter is up next, and i believe he is more of a daytime person, so we may have a bit of waiting to do. I hope we're on the second round by tuesday at the latest.

I can't wait to make a post saying "c'mon guys, lets shake things up a bit" and a picture of Vince :o

AHHHHHH MNG..He was mine..I thought Hart would be free once this gets to me :(.Ah well..I still have a couple more lined up..How many rounds in this will there be??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Daytime me just picked hogan... but as nightime me partied a bit too hard post boards beers (actually briefly met Orestes) itl be a bit before i add a video/explanation. Had planned on picking either Taker or Bret but they were taken by 2 of the 3 before me.

just wondering is Vince eligable to be drafted he's not a wrestler/manager but is a former champ and has wrestled, although now that I mention him im sure he will be taken by someonen else if eligable.

just wondering is Vince eligable to be drafted he's not a wrestler/manager but is a former champ and has wrestled, although now that I mention him im sure he will be taken by someonen else if eligable.

He'd be eligible as a wrestler anyway, but I'm not sure why you'd pick him as that. We're not picking any GM/Commissioner-type people, are we?

I'm surprised it took so long for Hogan to get drafted.

I don't know why anyone would want Vince really. I mean, sure, he made it all what it is, but if he's an on-screen character for too long as a GM or whatever, people tend to get bored of him, and when he wrestles, well, he's no Kurt Angle, thats for sure...

I also thought we wouldn't be picking GM's either. I know we need one tag team and one diva, but i guess we could throw a GM in if necessary? i mean, there are 20 people with 10 picks each (i believe) so thats 200 people in total.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Shag. I'm away from the tinternet for literally one day and I miss my turn. Boo-urns.

Advertisement