Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

Im not discrediting your information in any way but one thing ive learnt over the last 20 months is that the campaigns are very unpredictable and information is subject to change.

If they do only take 300 im rite on the edge and it could be touch and go.

How do appointments justify employment? I mean, people between 100 and 120 on the list may have the same score. What happens if numbers 100-110 get a place but 111-120 dont? Surely thats not fair if all those people achieved the same grade!

The merit list is based on the AC score. So say there are 10 people who all scored 60, then to put them in order of merit they go back to the IST score. The chances of all 10 people having the same IST score is remote. Add in the 50:50 policy and it would safe to assume that very, very few people would realistically be 'tied' for a place.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 von clinkerhoff

Would have thought some may have got the call today. Assuming the first intake would be going in some time in Jan they'd be needing to give at least a months notice to allow the majority of people to sort out current employment. Anyone shed any light?

Would have thought some may have got the call today. Assuming the first intake would be going in some time in Jan they'd be needing to give at least a months notice to allow the majority of people to sort out current employment. Anyone shed any light?

I am not in the loop on dates etc but I would have thought the first intake would be some time in Jan at the earliest. That gives them a while to call.

Fingers crossed our phones start going soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 BelfastJarhead

Hi all, I am just wondering how to get my merit number. I sent in my vetting stuff in Aug and passed medical in Sept. Do they send out your merit number or is there someone I can call. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭MrsMikeLowrey

Ring the switchboard 90650222 and ask for external appointments, they will give you your merit number, just remember when you post it here to be approximate, never post your exact figure

Good luck!

• Advertisement

Thanks MrsMikeLowry, Just waiting on vetting! metit number between 130 and 150.

Congrats! Thats a great score, Rc or non?

RC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hanging_on

been viewing this site on and off for some time. Been hoping for a call before now but no luck yet. Had my medical and passed at start of Aug 09, vetting forms returned July 09. RC 220 ish merit. security cleared for govt jobs in past. Grateful for any advice that anyone can give.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Hi hanging_on,

Don't quote me but from reading previous posts I believe you can e-mail/ contact PSNI regarding your vetting and they will tell you if it has cleared or is still on-going. Great score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

First off hanging on don't worry about how long you've been waiting. If all has cleared through depending on where they are in merit lists you could get the call soon or a number of months from now or if your especially unlucky have to be vetted again and then finally get the call a year from now. There are people waiting over 2 years since start of their application for one reason or another so you don't need to get jittery just yet ;)

p.s. they are still clearing up c14 ers at the minute

Cheers,

heard from a friend in the job that the phonecalls went out in the last week or so for the march intake. Back to square again got another initial assessment coming up in next couple of weeks.

Just found out yesterday my vetting has cleared. YAY!!! This was of course after Id sat the IST for C16, but ah well :D

Just found out yesterday my vetting has cleared. YAY!!! This was of course after Id sat the IST for C16, but ah well :D

Congrats on getting the vetting result. I just found out I did not pass vetting due to fixed penalty tickets and parking tickets. All were paid on time so I was surprised they were taken into account.

I'm sure you will get the call very soon. Good luck for GV.

Misterjay wrote: »
    Congrats on getting the vetting result. I just found out I did not pass vetting due to fixed penalty tickets and parking tickets. All were paid on time so I was surprised they were taken into account.

I'm sure you will get the call very soon. Good luck for GV.

No way!! That sucks! Im so sorry to hear that!
    Are you going to appeal it?

No way!! That sucks! Im so sorry to hear that!
    Are you going to appeal it?

Mulling it over at present. I was gutted when I realised what the letter was all about. Really wasn't expecting it. I guess that is a lesson learnt for me.

Mulling it over at present. I was gutted when I realised what the letter was all about. Really wasn't expecting it. I guess that is a lesson learnt for me.

I cant even begin to imagine how you are feeling after getting this far. Were they recent tickets etc?

I cant even begin to imagine how you are feeling after getting this far. Were they recent tickets etc?

Within the last five years.

Within a couple of years.

Try and appeal, cant hurt can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 deanj685

Try and appeal, cant hurt can it?
    how did you find out about your vetting?

• Advertisement

deanj685 wrote: »
    how did you find out about your vetting?

Ring external apts and ask for the email address, they will only correspond via email. They are usually very quick at responding, they will either tell you if its cleared or ongoing

Mine took from beg Nov until this week

Congrats MrsMikeLowrey!! Still waiting here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 FogInHell

Im really gutted for you Misterjay. I think you should appeal. What were the fixed penalties for?

FogInHell wrote: »
    Im really gutted for you Misterjay. I think you should appeal. What were the fixed penalties for?

I guess they can afford to pick and choose due to the number of applicants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Bubbles34

That seems really harsh Mjay.........how many tickets and fines are we talking about........did you disclose them on your vetting forms??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

At this point, I would refer all to the charter, specifically the bit where it advises people not to gradually disclose pieces of information that, when compiled, could disclose their identity to those who monitor this forum.

Congrats, on you result. Just sat my c16 ist today. will try to ring external appointments and get the email addess to check on vetting progress. Any word what intake you will be on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

how did you find out it had cleared?

Ring external apts and ask for the email address for vetting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

hmmmm i have the e-mail address but it does say not to contact them unless its for a change of details or whatever. I think ill just leave it.

is this the final stage...so once you pass vetting there is nothing to stop you from the start line that is HG?

Advertisement