Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dark1ne

got my medical pass letter today, i had my medical a week ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Got my medical letter yesterday and its in around two weeks! Whats the hearing test like? Will my years of loud music cause me any bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Got my medical letter yesterday and its in around two weeks! Whats the hearing test like? Will my years of loud music cause me any bother?

Hearing test is like an audiogram - sit in a sound proofed booth and hear beeps of various frequencies and indicate by pressing a button when you have heard them.
    Dunno what years as a crazy Rock'n Roller has done to your hearing though...

Rock n roller. haha. Started to feel old last weekend when I decided that the music in the club was too loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

I have done teh door in loud clubs for years and I also always listen to my MP3 player when I walk about.

No harm in cutting it out for a few weeks. Hopefully you will be ok.

The best thing to do is close your eyes and relax as best you can as you can clearly hear your heart beat and your breathing.

• Advertisement

yeah cheers, hopefully it goes ok. Has your vetting cleared yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

Defo recommend cutting out MP3 player till after medical give your ears a break just in case. as the other poster said when you get into the sound proof box all you can hear is your breathing and heart beat, its a dead silence in the box so its like as if they are amplified, , you can hear them so clearly you start to think ohhhhhhhhhhhh cr@p ill never hear the beeps over them but just try relax, close eyes and just do your best, its actually not that bad.

Good luck with it.

EXACTLY as she said!

There are lights also on the inside so close your eyes. Also control your breathing as trying to hold your breath etc will only cause a bit of stress/anxiety

It was a strange experience. Seemed to take an age.

Cheers for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roboturnip

Had my medical today, all went well apart from my left ear letting me down on the hearing test. Never had any issues with it before, woman said it should be ok, so fingers crossed.

Did thing the guy who did the drugs test went a bit ott with the sissors though :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 kc29

Got my medical date today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

Got a letter confirming i passed the medical today, well pleased

Should your hair be totally clean for the medical or can you have gel or something on?

Should your hair be totally clean for the medical or can you have gel or something on?

I would recommend no gel for the medical, just in case. no point risking it after getting this far!

Cheers. Did you wear jeans or trackies, I was going to go with jeans unless there is a reason not to?

Cheers. Did you wear jeans or trackies, I was going to go with jeans unless there is a reason not to?

I went in jeans and t-shirt, which was fine. Everyone else i saw there were the same.

Just had my medical. Its dead on apart from the hearing test, turns out my hearing isnt too hot.

Advice to anyone going, make sure you drink some water before cause you are given a cup straight away and you have to fill it before you see the nurse.

Good luck.

Just pure idle speculation on my part but given that a lot of gels contain alcohol it might be best to avoid them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mk1234

Done my medical last week got the letter y.day saying i passed :D
    Anyone now how it goes from here? 50/50 selection then is that us starting in the college if we get past that?
    Also when are the intake dates? Iv heard october and march?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,718 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

mk1234 wrote: »
    Anyone now how it goes from here? 50/50 selection then is that us starting in the college if we get past that?
    Also when are the intake dates? Iv heard october and march?
    What happens next is you wait for Vetting forms to arrive. You fill them in, send them off, and wait. If you pass Vetting, and you scored high enough in the Assessment Centre and Initial Selection Test, AND you have a high enough score in the merit pool, you will be offered a place in training... when the hire freeze is lifted.

Nobody knows when that will be, and there are no confirmed intake dates at this time.

• Advertisement

It will not matter one bit what gel you have in your hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 king_eric

I did my a/c quite late on in the campaign. I'm a non RC and I passed with a score of 56. I still haven't heard word on a medical or vetting, has any other non RCs who scored lower than that been called for a medical/vetting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cr41g

I got 56 and im also non RC and still waiting/ hoping to hear something back. Let me know if you get anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

king_eric wrote: »
    I did my a/c quite late on in the campaign. I'm a non RC and I passed with a score of 56. I still haven't heard word on a medical or vetting, has any other non RCs who scored lower than that been called for a medical/vetting?

I'm in the same boat.

Im a non RC and I was one of the last to do the AC.

I have not recieved any medical/vetting forms, although I found out today I'm around the 300 mark on the merit list.

I'm hoping I didn't recieved these forms as the 'freeze' was announced a week earlier. Well that's what I'm hoping.

Gee-22 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat.

Im a non RC and I was one of the last to do the AC.

I have not recieved any medical/vetting forms, although I found out today I'm around the 300 mark on the merit list.

I'm hoping I didn't recieved these forms as the 'freeze' was announced a week earlier. Well that's what I'm hoping.

Hi there Gee,

You have your merit list number already? Can you pm me the number to ring to find out if so? (changed phone since last recruitment and didnt move it over!)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 zzz101z

Hey all, just of the phone with the lovely lady in appointments, im around the 200 mark and nrc. Got my betting forms 2 days after the ac but still no medical date. Roll on the anti-freeze to see what happens. Good luck everyone. And cheers again for the number Delancy.

It is just me or have things gone very silent on the Medical front ? Has anyone received an invitation to a Medical in the last couple of weeks ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jacksos

I got my medical date today in the post, unfortunately im on holiday when the date is :(

jacksos wrote: »
    I got my medical date today in the post, unfortunately im on holiday when the date is :(

Can I ask when approx did you do your AC ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jacksos

Certainly, end of May.

Advertisement