Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kc29

When did you get your forms miscellaneous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 miscellaneous

My forms came 2 days after my AC which was apporx just over 2 weeks ago, got date for medical within the last week. Fingers crossed (tho for what I do not know at this stage lol). Gd luck

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kc29

go to the recruitment freeze thread. One of the guys contacted deloitte. If what he says is right things look a whole lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 erneboy

Anyone get a medical letter since the big freeze began?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dark1ne

Got my medical forms today, bit of a nice surprise!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

That is interesting and possibly significant - many thanks for letting us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

when did you do your a/c dark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dark1ne

i had ac on the 12th may, got vetting forms and ac pass letter 2 weeks after!

ooh now that is interesting indeed! Just another piece of the puzzle that doesn't really fit:D
    That to me however is a positive sign...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

I also got my medical forms this morning.

• Advertisement

dark1ne wrote: »
    i had ac on the 12th may, got vetting forms and ac pass letter 2 weeks after!

Now that is interesting because your a/c was so long ago! Let's hope that's positive! Sure sounds it without getting too excited.

I did my a/c the day before you and got medical forms on 28th May. Medical is imminent for me!

I have not sent back my medical letter stating that I will be attending because I was paranoid something may happen to it over the weekend or it would just lie in a post box/office and maybe get lost. i will send it Wednesday lol

Form is pretty straightforward. Glad you bring it with you because I am now paranoid about things getting lost in the mail lol

I am also a baldy so my armpit hair and chest hair will have to be shaved lol

1986j wrote: »
    I have not sent back my medical letter stating that I will be attending because I was paranoid something may happen to it over the weekend or it would just lie in a post box/office and maybe get lost. i will send it Wednesday lol

Form is pretty straightforward. Glad you bring it with you because I am now paranoid about things getting lost in the mail lol

I am also a baldy so my armpit hair and chest hair will have to be shaved lol

My advice to everyone is if you are likely to fret over mail going MIA then use Registered Post - great peace of mind.

Shave chest hair ? - alas I am reliably informed they go for pubic hair and extract it with a pliers :D - a cruel joke ( I hope )

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

pma1983 wrote: »
    Now that is interesting because your a/c was so long ago! Let's hope that's positive! Sure sounds it without getting too excited.

I did my a/c the day before you and got medical forms on 28th May. Medical is imminent for me!

oh you may have been at mine. afternoon session?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chontour

when you say its imminent, how immenent r we talking? i was under the illusion medicals werent until october till march?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

chontour wrote: »
    when you say its imminent, how immenent r we talking? i was under the illusion medicals werent until october till march?:pac:

That was he planned intake dates but with freeze might not be anymore

delancey42 wrote: »
    My advice to everyone is if you are likely to fret over mail going MIA then use Registered Post - great peace of mind.

Shave chest hair ? - alas I am reliably informed they go for pubic hair and extract it with a pliers :D - a cruel joke ( I hope )

I sent my vetting by sepcial delivery. Cost something like a fiver.

Will do the same for this on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Have read through the medical questionaire though not started it yet.

VES86 wrote: »
    oh you may have been at mine. afternoon session?

I was the morning session.

chontour wrote: »

Very!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Vince Coupon

delancey42 wrote: »

:D I done my medical a few months ago and my hair was too short so they went for armpit hair (left armpit) but after 5 mins he realised there wasn't enough. They can't mix and match left and right so he didn't even attempt to take any from my right armpit and instead went for the chest. Should have gone there first I would have thought!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kebo85

:Dhey was just wondering what exactly to expect during the medical and also what sort of clothes to wear? any help would be great. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

kebo85 wrote: »
    :Dhey was just wondering what exactly to expect during the medical and also what sort of clothes to wear? any help would be great. Thanks

Just get rid of the skidmarks man....comfortable clothes.

Clothes wise it's like the IST - anything goes - be comfortable is the main thing. Assuming your male - make sure your boxers aren't too ' airy ' - you have flexing tests to do and you don't want anything , ahem , falling out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

I think for my medical I might just invest in a brand spanking new pair of pants, that aren't washed out grey in colour, no skids, and keep me giblets contained during the lunges!!! This campaign is costing me a fortune, never mind the government!

I think for my medical I might just invest in a brand spanking new pair of pants, that aren't washed out grey in colour, no skids, and keep me giblets contained during the lunges!!! This campaign is costing me a fortune, never mind the government!

doctor.jpg

Give us an old cough there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

It when they pull out the rubber gloves, thats when I start getting worried! :eek:

Hmmm , what a babe - I'd drop and cough for her anytime !

Had my medical today. I was told there were 16 booked in but there were 4 no shows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 savi

PMA - when did you do your AC etc

• Advertisement

pma1983 wrote: »
    Had my medical today. I was told there were 16 booked in but there were 4 no shows!

How did it go?

Advertisement