Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-June 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Pleasant day until rain arrived late afternoon/evening. Max 19.2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bleugh.

Mike

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

RAIN - 15.4c :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Pouring down in TCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fine, with a temperature of 17.2c, here. Judging by the clouds, it look like it is bucketing down 50-60 miles further south and east

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cold, wet, miserable January type day.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Probably the heaviest sustained rain I've seen since last summer! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Rain not near as persistent or as heavy as the 2" that fell at the end of Feb in less than 12hrs.
    18.3mm so far but rain is light in nature now.
    30mm/hr max rate

14.4C
    1000.0mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Only 0.2mm recorded here since midnight, and that came from a light shower last night. Rainband missed me by just a couple of miles earlier. Dry currently with a couple of light looking showers dotted around the lowlands here.

15.6c
    82%
    999.9mb
    Light WSW.

Tipping down, utterly foul.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Will it be like this for the rest of the week?

Please God no.

22.6mm and raining moderately again.

13.3C
    998.4mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The front is just about to pass here finally....can see a blue sky to my west. The rain seems to have put on one last burst of heaviness to finish up....must have had at least an inch on the east coast today...

24.9mm so far and the rain has eased but still it comes down.
    Bright to my west.

Brightening up here, chance of some late sun. Cold, actually cold.

Mike.

25.1mm of rainfall and not finished just yet.
    12.3C
    997.2mb

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Clearing up here, total rainfall was 19.6mm.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Clear sky now - 14.7mm of rain today.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Horrible day, total of 18.1mm fell. High of 16.5C before the rain arrived this morning.

Nice clearance just before sunset (obligatory time lapse :D). Mostly clear now and 9.9C in a light westerly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

14.5mm rain today - that was wanted badly for the grass seed in my garden and crops in the nearby fields.

Rain started at 1030am and finished at 730pm - a good day's rain in any man's book!

Temperatures dissapointingly got to 14.7c.

@ Snowbie - my web page reports 13.2mm rain for today, yet the console reads 14.5mm. Why is Weatherlink not uploading all the data? Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Danno wrote: »
    14.5mm rain today - that was wanted badly for the grass seed in my garden and crops in the nearby fields.

Same here, after any decent rain the green explodes around here, after almost 20mm..stock up on hay fever tablets as natures gonna go nuts for a week!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Supercell wrote: »
    Same here, after any decent rain the green explodes around here, after almost 20mm..stock up on hay fever tablets as natures gonna go nuts for a week!

That is if it stops raining. Models not keen on fluffy blue skies with the distant buzzing of bees and sniffleing of noses this weekend. I get pretty severe hayfever attacks too, they're awful yokes.

Then you should welcome the showers Paddy, I used to get terrible hayfever, but ironically since I moved to the country it hasn't been so bad!

I totally love the smell of the air after a decent shower..if its possible..the air smells green..strange as that might sound.
    NW winds dont tend to deliver here so at worst is gonna be a couple of light showers and thats about it..hill walking weather :D

Its pretty amazing, currently 9.9°C.
    But at 01:02 in the morning the sky is a dark blue rather than black.
    Role on the sneachta season in 3 days ;)

Bright start then the clouds bloomed and the breeze picked up. Still more spring than summer.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Just had a brief downpour with hail, gutters overflowing, streams of water down the road, and a huge clap of thunder. Lasted about 10 mins and the sun is out again. Summer 08' eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Just had a brief downpour with hail, gutters overflowing, streams of water down the road, and a huge clap of thunder. Lasted about 10 mins and the sun is out again. Summer 08' eh?

Just had another brief passing thunderstorm, 5 strikes this time, within 1.5 miles, and the sun is about to come out again, sheesh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Quite a few sharp showers here today, temp now 13.5C, RH 89%, pressure 1008.8mb.

Nothing on met.ie, but Meteoalarm have a 50% chance of isolated thunderstorms today.

Power went off in my area around 1355, unknown if it where to do with lightning but the other half tells me when she got home that there is flooding around the area so there must have been some rain there.
    Anyone in the D13 hear any thunder?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Its lashing out here in Killiney.

Sun was shining one minute then the heavens opened up.

Advertisement