Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-June 2008

Options
  • 01-06-2008 6:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭

Another cool clear night, min 5.7C one hour ago, now 14C....

Time to look at record books, could be a record one hour rise eek.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Mothman wrote: »
    Time to look at record books, could be a record one hour rise eek.gif

8.3C rise in 60 minutes, 2nd highest on record behind 8.7C on 14th June 2004.
    Nearly 15C now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

17.6c and mist burning off quickly.
    Another glorious day on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

18.3c here now after an overnight low of 8.7c. Comfortable weather for early summer! Hey IT'S SUMMER!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Doh its June isn't it?

or OMG it'll be winter soon :(;)

Very warm, no wind. 100% sun

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I wonder will that rain over England make it this way this afternoon? It's taking a much more westerly track than forecast and moving along quick enough (was forecast to slip up the east coast to Scotland)

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=exp shows the rain over north Wales mid-afternoon? (I this projected rainfall can bit silly).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Another beautiful day here, but cloud seems to be moving in from the east.

Up to 21.1C now after an overnight low of 8.2C. RH 60%.

Serious cloud has developed in the last 90 mins, looking like a shower or two on the way.

Serious downpour. Car windows and roof part open! :eek:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Not as warm today as yeaterday. Sky more hazy and wind a bit stronger, making it feel cooler. Peaked at 20.5; now 19.2.

Still raining quite heavily.

Mike.

16.6c which is over 6c cooler than this time yesterday.

A lot of cirrus above here from the system over the UK.

• Advertisement

Temperatures dropping away. Now 17.7!

Cleared up but deffo cooler here too.

Mike.

Lovely evening here Clear blue sky all round with the exception of the western third where there is cloud. Thin high cloud to my N,NE which looks like staying put. 20.0c Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Jeez ,someone just turned the taps on ,gone from dry to a monsoon in 5 mins , a muggy 14c

Glorious.
    Cool overnight, min 4.5C
    Seems to be more of a potent sea breeze.

16C after being above 17C more than a hour ago.

100% cloud cover, still, mild.

Mike.

Mostly sunny earlier; more cloud now, but still fairly sunny, with some darker cloud to west. Peaked at 21.3, now 18.5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

A fine day today which turned into a wet evening. A total of 6.6mm since 5pm which fell in a prolonged moderate shower rather than in any downpour. Couple bangs of thunder but like yesterday too insubstantial for it to be classed as a "thunder day".

Light rain currently.
    15.0c
    84% rh
    1010.6 mb falling slowly.

Rainfall total up to 8.1mm after earlier shower. Air source defo from the Atlantic now.. that heavy stratus look is back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I can't wait for westerly winds, rain glorious rain followed by lovely fair weather with clear clean air again, yes please.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Weather BOFH

High of 21.9C today, sunny most of the day with some cloud cover in the late afternoon.

Now 14.4C, RH 79%.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I dont want to see a drop of rain till at least October but somehow I dont think i'll get my wish! lovely day today but cloud spoiled things a little in the late afternoon. 21C earlier.

Fab day again,

Max of 19.7C on Monday, with mostly high cirrus now and again.

Edit: wind has swung into the west and temp has climbed 2c in no time.A land breeze for a change

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I recorded 13hours & 35mins of sunshine here yesterday :)

Much fresher morning here - no rain from that front that passed through overnight.

15c, overnight low 8C, much clearer this morning.

Fine sunny and warm morning.

edit - the wind has picked up in a sporadic fashion, quite cool it is as well. Cloud bubbled up.

Mike.

Glorious day here today. Fair weather cloud followed by clear blue sky, max of 18.4c. Got sunburnt out digging in the garden. Dual aches for the night. :(

Got very breezy just at sundown - wired considering there was hardly a breeze all afternoon.

Lovely drive back from town tonight, mid level cloud with breaks to reveal the still bright sky to the west giving a beautiful, peaceful hue to the countryside. and when Galway is in this mood, 'tis the most wonderful place in all of Ireland!!.:)

11.6c
    74% rh
    1013.2 mb falling slightly.

Mostly clear, a couple of lenticulars hanging about. Can see the cloud to the west heading this way.
    Min 5.2C
    Grass min -1.1C (4th time to record grass frost in June)

Currently 11C

• Advertisement

Damp and mild.

Mike.

Advertisement