Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-June 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nice :) The wind is fresh but its clear and sunny.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Not particularly nice here - nearly total cloud-cover, only 12.5C and quite breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Max temp on Thursday of 15.4C which is 9C cooler than Monday's max.

Brightening up, fresh enough.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Generally cloudy here in shamtown with the odd flirt of sunshine. Nice fresh feel to the air. Car temp showed 16c, (which is always suspect during daylight hours)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Generally cloudy here in shamtown with the odd flirt of sunshine. Nice fresh feel to the air. Car temp showed 16c, (which is always suspect during daylight hours)

this is great progress - you are finally admitting Tuam is a shamtown:pac:

A nice North Westerly breeze blowing here with a current temperature of 15.8 c.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Heat back on in the house for a tad:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭arctictree

8.7c here and calm.

Will get my weather station back on line in the morning. And the webcam is in the chicken pen!!

Sorry - am more of a winter weather watcher!!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Beautiful morning, fair weather and current temperature 12.6°C
    Think i'll go for a stroll up Kippure Mountain today.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Ditto that (except the walk up a mountain thing)

Mike.

• Advertisement

Back from Kippure, great weather up there and fantastic views, brilliant.

Currently 14.6°C and still fair but probably about 6 octas coverage generally.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

That was fast, can you drive all the way? The last time I was up there (92-93) the transmistter site was fenced off.

Mike.

You can drive to the base of the mountain, ie on Military road, but the road to the top is blocked off to cars.
    There is stel fencing around the transmission station alright but you can walk around it on the summit with no problem. There are old fences around it in a much wider circumference that look like they had wire on them in the past but thats all rusted and gone so its possible to go right to the top.

Here's a picture I took at the top, you can see the fencing is wrapped right around the station there.
    The top of the mast was going in and out of the clouds which was cool, the effect didnt really come out in the photos though .

kippure-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sunshine, clouds, rain repeat x10 since 9am

As with recent nights its actually a bit nippy, might just plug a rad in :(

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Could be coldest night yet this month.
    Already down below 7C

Cumulus bubbling up
    13.1C
    Dp 6C
    Rh 63%
    1013.5mb

Ditto :( I want the sun and lots of it.

Mike.

Equal mix of cloud and sun, with just some small showers visable around the plain. Sustained light breeze.

17.1c
    55%
    1014.2 mb steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lashing rain here. 9.4c

A

• Advertisement

Some what brighter, a bit fresh mind you.

Mike.

Cloudy but pleasant. Light refreshing breeze.

16.5c
    60%
    1013.0 mb falling slowly.
    Wind light WNW.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nice day today. Of note, though was the low RH at 45% and dew points of 3.9c. Surprising that especially when the wind was westerly.

High of 16.6c. Lows last night were at 7.9c due to cloud cover. I guess it could have went waay lower of the cloud lifted.

Sh-ite frankly, its like March but without the sun.

Mike

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yes the next few days looks horrible alright with plenty of showers and rain with temperatures not much better than a mild February/March day, 13C/14C. Looks like our summer has been put on hold for the time being.

Quite breezy with a mix of sunshine and showers; 12.3mm recorded from them since 9.00am.

13.7c
    1003.2 mb
    87% rh
    Wind fresh SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like our early summer is now but a distant memory, the outlook is pretty dire!

Dry here up until around 4pm when i was playing golf! The rain better stay south of Dublin tomorrow, i think it might ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Some really intense rain here in the north east this evening...got caught in particularly heavy shower at 5.30pm as I was just getting off the motorway....the wipers on full speed still wasn't clearing the screen, lots of standing water...looks like we're about to have another one in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Dry and breezy all day here. Good sunny spells allowing temperatures to hit 17.8c. Lovely day apart from the wind.

• Advertisement

Some fierce looking skies to the NW here.
    16C atm and feels heavy out.
    Max of 19.4C at 1720.

Advertisement